Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results  Empty No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:39

Hi guys,
I have no idea whats happened to my game lol. I installed get famous and the latest update, as I usually do it, and it wouldn't load. I used validator and got the results below so it seems half my files are missing? any help at all or have I got to fresh install everything?
report:

Back to top Go down

silent install - No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results  Empty Re: No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:42

actually ive just manually checked those folders and can see the files? Really perplexed. Did I do it wrong somehow?  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

silent install - No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results  Empty Re: No longer working after install get famous and update, validator results

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:45

Because you extracted it to wrong directory. Move those folders:
Data
Delta
EP*
FP01
Game
GP*
Soundtrack
SP*
Support
__Installer
# Language Registry Files

from where you extracted them to the actual location of your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:48

anadius wrote:Because you extracted it to wrong directory. Move those folders:
Data
Delta
EP*
FP01
Game
GP*
Soundtrack
SP*
Support
__Installer

They are in the game location that's what I am confused about. I cant attach screenshots but they are all in the same folder. Ive tried moving the whole folder out from documents to desktop too and that caused the same issue 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:49

ToxicTreacle wrote:
anadius wrote:Because you extracted it to wrong directory. Move those folders:
Data
Delta
EP*
FP01
Game
GP*
Soundtrack
SP*
Support
__Installer

They are in the game location that's what I am confused about. I cant attach screenshots but they are all in the same folder. Ive tried moving the whole folder out from documents to desktop too and that caused the same issue 
so somehow I managed to write that in the quote box haha bad day today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:53

No they are not. Validator shows that all the other DLC files and base game files (data/client/clientfullbuild*.package) are missing. So you clearly extracted it to the wrong directory. Moreover you can see files listed as "unknown" which are game data files, which should be in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. You somehow mixed them up. I don't know where your game was before, only you do. If you have a shortcut, right click on it and select "show location".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:00

Im so confused as to what ive done. Before I installed get famous and the latest update I had moved the whole folder from program files to documents (im sure that's what I was supposed to do?) and it worked correctly. I installed get famous and the update and it loaded to white screen then closed, no error message etc. I read in a forum to try moving the whole folder to desktop which I tried and that didn't work. So I ran validator on the folder id moved to desktop. There is nothing remaining in documents. I looked in the folder and those files are in there so I am super confused. 
Im running validator again on the folder to check I hadn't done validator wrong or something, will post back when its finished.
Any ideas what I could have done wrong at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:06

No. You should not move the game to Documents. That's where the game data is (saves, tray, mods, options, etc.). You should NOT mix it with the game folder. And no, the files are not there. You see folders, but inside there are files missing. At this point I don't know where your files are. On desktop you've got your old folder from Documents + Get Famous and update 1.47.51.1020. But there's no base game nor other DLCs.

Stop the validator, result will be the same as before. Go to "C:" drive and search for "ep01_alienworld_01.world".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:17

anadius wrote:Stop the validator, result will be the same as before. Go to "C:" drive and search for "ep01_alienworld_01.world".

It says it is in C:\users\username\Desktop\The Sims 4\Delta\EP01\Worlds\Areas   which is the folder I scanned with verifier
but also it says it is in 
C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\EP01\World\Areas

what have I done lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 15:30

right ok I get what ive done now. how can I fix it? am I safe to delete everything out of the folder ive put on desktop. and then do the install of get famous and the update into the folder in program files again? what folders do I need to keep in the one in documents?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 16:02

So like I said before. Move those folders:
Data
Delta
EP*
FP01
Game
GP*
Soundtrack
SP*
Support
__Installer

from "C:\users\username\Desktop\The Sims 4" to "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4". That should be it. The rest of the files in folder on desktop are screenshots, settings, tray files. Move whatever you want to keep back to Documents and delete the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 16:36

thanks all fixed!! What a idiot  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Nov 2018, 17:15

ToxicTreacle wrote:Hi guys,
I have no idea whats happened to my game lol. I installed get famous and the latest update, as I usually do it, (...)

Just out of interest, have you been using these G4TW repacks earlier, or is this your first time? You seem(ed) to be having quite some difficulties, with distinguishing between the "Documents" and "Program Files" folders. 

These G4TW repacks may not be very n00b-friendly anymore, because of the sheer number of updates - but they will be continued. 

I have also put a notice at the beginning of the message here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Maybe that will also help in the future. Smile  Or not, who knows.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top