Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island update not working (validator report)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island update not working (validator report) Empty Island update not working (validator report)

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 18:10

Hi, I've tried to update to island living today from strangerville and I get a pop up saying unable to start due to invalid game data or data missing. I've run the validator and attached the report below, can anyone give me any guidance on how to fix this?

report:

Back to top Go down

Island update not working (validator report) Empty Re: Island update not working (validator report)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 18:37

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Are you positive the download finished 100%? (you wouldn't know how often it didn't). That aside, are you also positive you extracted the download with 7-zip?

What if you take that original archive file, and re-extract the stuff again into your existing Sims 4 installation folder. Don't forget to replace existing files.

I also don't know if it matters, but it seems your installation folder is named sims4 ? Try renaming it into The Sims 4, as well.

Good luck for now! Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Island update not working (validator report) Empty Re: Island update not working (validator report)

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 18:51

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.
Yes I'm pretty sursure it downloaded fully as it was then seeding, I did use 7zip to extract it too. I'll try re extracting it and if tthat fails I'll download it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 18:54

Mhar737 wrote:Hi and thanks for the quick reply.
Yes I'm pretty sursure it downloaded fully as it was then seeding, I did use 7zip to extract it too. I'll try re extracting it and if tthat fails I'll download it again.

Before re-downloading...

The items that are listed in your validator report, they are inside my copy of the original "The Sims 4 - Island Living.7z" archive file. Can you check your own archive file, to confirm the presence (or absence) of the items?

If the items are missing, see if you can do a "force re-check" in your torrent client. Put the archive file back to the download folder, start up the torrent client, and go from there. The re-check can repair your archive file, without you having to re-download the entire thing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 19:06

i`ve just checked the sims 4 folder and the files listed as missing are actually there but it still isnt working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 19:10

ignore that last comment, they are there in the sims 4/EP07 etc but not in the sims 4/delta/EP07

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 19:17

Mhar737 wrote:ignore that last comment, they are there in the sims 4/EP07 etc but not in the sims 4/delta/EP07

Try doing a force re-check first of all, then.  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:08

I`d already started downloading again, just extracting now fingers crossed!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:16

Mhar737 wrote:I`d already started downloading again, just extracting now fingers crossed!  Very Happy

With a different torrent client (I hope?)  Very Happy 

Not a guarantee for success, but a recommended step.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top