Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update Empty Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2018, 22:20

Hey there,

after downloading and installing Get Famous plus the update following, this is the error i get. i followed the instructions for installing it correctly so i have no idea where it all went wrong. your help would be great

thanks

Back to top Go down

Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update Empty Re: Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2018, 22:32

What error? Anyway, you can try this:

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update Empty Re: Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2018, 22:45

Hi! having the same problem here, the game worked just fine before installing get famous and the latest update, and now it won't start because "Unable to start:
Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game. 85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000"
After readind a few coments and posts i tried to use the validator, but this is what pops up "hashes for version 1.48.90.1020 not found on server".

PLEASE HELP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2018, 23:25

Try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2018, 00:04

mareate wrote:Hi! having the same problem here, the game worked just fine before installing get famous and the latest update, and now it won't start because "Unable to start:
Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game. 85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000"
After readind a few coments and posts i tried to use the validator, but this is what pops up "hashes for version 1.48.90.1020 not found on server".

PLEASE HELP
Also, i just tried to re-install the las update and when exporting the file i¡ve got 2 errors: crc failed data/client/strings_KOR_KR.package and the C:/Users/User/downloads/TS4_UPDATE_1-48-90.1020.7Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2018, 02:04

mareate wrote:
mareate wrote:Hi! having the same problem here, the game worked just fine before installing get famous and the latest update, and now it won't start because "Unable to start:

PLEASE HELP
Also, i just tried to re-install the las update and when exporting the file i¡ve got 2 errors: crc failed data/client/strings_KOR_KR.package and the C:/Users/User/downloads/TS4_UPDATE_1-48-90.1020.7Z

SO, the validator finally worked. this is what it said.
FORUM:
report:

DISQUS:
Version: 1.48.90.1020
Folder: The Sims 4
Hash mismatch:
data/client/magalog2.package
data/client/resource.cfg
data/client/strings_kor_kr.package
data/client/thumbnails.package
data/client/thumbnails2.package
delta/gp04/simulationdeltabuild0.package
ep06/clientfullbuild1.package
Missing files:

Unknown files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll

DISCORD:
```yaml
Version: 1.48.90.1020
Folder: The Sims 4
#Hash mismatch:
data/client/magalog2.package
data/client/resource.cfg
data/client/strings_kor_kr.package
data/client/thumbnails.package
data/client/thumbnails2.package
delta/gp04/simulationdeltabuild0.package
ep06/clientfullbuild1.package
#Missing files:

#Unknown files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll
```

I HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS. HELP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 16:25

After I installed Get Famous and the latest update the game worked once and then after that it keeps giving this error whenever I try to start the game.
I tried reinstalling both the pack and the update, starting the game without the pack and update.
I've uninstalled/deleted and redownloaded then reinstalled the whole game again still gave the same error
I also tried moving the sims 4 folder from the EA subfolder to the desktop.
Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update Captur10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 18:34

scarlettwings wrote:30.12.2018

After I installed Get Famous and the latest update the game worked once and then after that it keeps giving this error whenever I try to start the game.
I tried reinstalling both the pack and the update, starting the game without the pack and update.
I've uninstalled/deleted and redownloaded then reinstalled the whole game again still gave the same error
Go to User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Open that folder and delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018, 20:55

Don't tell people to delete "GameVersion" or "Default" file. Tell them to update the game. That's better solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018, 06:58

Tarac wrote:
scarlettwings wrote:30.12.2018

Go to User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Open that folder and delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.
It worked. Thank youu  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2019, 01:18

Unable to start after installing Get Famous and the latest update Unable10
My apologies, the attached picture decided not to attach. this is the error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2019, 12:26

Run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top