Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Missing Face GLITCH

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Missing Face GLITCH Empty Sims Missing Face GLITCH

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 15:10

Hello, 

I've been having this issue for about a week now. I was instructed to download S4S due to the fact that I had exception files which related to CC furniture. I did a batch fix and the game would start again. However a day later Townies began appearing around town without a face. Pretty creepy if you ask me  Sims Missing Face GLITCH MCN3bM4 

I went ahead and removed the mods folder, thinking the issue was MOD related. However; the issue persists. I moved The Sims 4 Folder to a different location, ran the game to create a new one and closed it. I did not see any townies with the issue however I did not play it long enough to wait for someone to appear without a face. 

I am hoping someone here can shed some insight in to what could be causing this terrible glitch. My sim just had a baby and when she aged up to toddler she is missing a face. 

(PS:I read on older forum posts that Cien's No EA Lashes was causing an identical glitch, I updated the mod. Irregardless the issue has been eliminated as the culprit as the issue persists without mods) Also I want to add that my NVIDIA GEForce Drivers are up to date. 

http://tinypic.com/r/2e2fck1/9

Back to top Go down

Sims Missing Face GLITCH Empty Re: Sims Missing Face GLITCH

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 15:14

Sometimes removing mods isn't enough. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. Start the game, close it, and copy saves from folder on desktop to the one in documents.

If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 15:24

anadius wrote:Sometimes removing mods isn't enough. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. Start the game, close it, and copy saves from folder on desktop to the one in documents.

If that doesn't solve the problem, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

As requested,

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 15:25

1. Delete those files:
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll

2. Update to the latest version: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34601-the-sims-4-update-version-1-48-94-1020-out-now

3. If it's still happening, run validator again, this time in normal mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 17:32

UPDATE: 

I updated the game, Removed the unknown files and issue still persists 
http://tinypic.com/m/kakc2x/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 20:12

UPDATE: 

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2019, 20:21

Your installation folder is fine. If the trick with moving Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to desktop and copying just the saves back didn't work then your saves are corrupted. Try restoring previous ones: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

And if that doesn't help then move your family to the library, start a new game and move them back. Fingers crossed, that's all I can think of.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Jan 2019, 15:50

So often repeated, but I still can't help it: so little content, but so many problems with this game. But hey, it seems to be an unsettling trend that is becoming more and more common in the "gaming industry" (see also Fallout 76).

//EDIT

You should also try making it into a habit to play and save the game, only after you fully updated/removed incompatible mods. I think one reason these savefile issues are so persistent is because "people are eager to play". But if you save the game with foul mods, it has the potential of causing problems down the road.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2019, 17:26

The_gh0stm4n wrote:So often repeated, but I still can't help it: so little content, but so many problems with this game. But hey, it seems to be an unsettling trend that is becoming more and more common in the "gaming industry" (see also Fallout 76).

//EDIT

You should also try making it into a habit to play and save the game, only after you fully updated/removed incompatible mods. I think one reason these savefile issues are so persistent is because "people are eager to play". But if you save the game with foul mods, it has the potential of causing problems down the road.

Unfortunately, it's something that those who choose to MOD the game have to deal with. I usually do not save my game if I have issues with MODs affecting my game-play. I would go months without playing because I could not find a solution to problems I was having, which then I found G4TW and I've been very fortunate to be able to solve my issues. Unfortunately, for the first time EVER absolutely NO ONE has been able to figure out what is the real culprit behind the Sims missing a face. I will however continue to play the game. I back up my saves regularly. I know many people *out-grow* the game but I'm still very much in love with it. As always I will wait patiently until I can resolve the issue. Thank you for trying!  Yess, aye lieeke! 

Foreveralone

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jan 2019, 13:01

Jessica_Revolver wrote:
Unfortunately, it's something that those who choose to MOD the game have to deal with. I usually do not save my game if I have issues with MODs affecting my game-play (...)

With the previous comment, I was basically thinking "loudly". I recall you've had that issue at least once in the past, and you managed to fix it back then. Maybe you are rather un-lucky with these savefiles, but that seems to be a re-curring issue in your case, which in turn could be caused by...certain habits. In the end of course, that is just a vague assumption on my end.

If these savefiles contain sims/households you like to play with, make some backups of your savefiles, before playing a new update & using new mods. If you're not doing it already. That way you can put the backup-saves back in, once you realize there is a problem. You may lose some game progress (it can take a little while until you realize something may be wrong), but at least you'll have a copy of your precious old savefile.

Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 15:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Jessica_Revolver wrote:
Unfortunately, it's something that those who choose to MOD the game have to deal with. I usually do not save my game if I have issues with MODs affecting my game-play (...)

With the previous comment, I was basically thinking "loudly". I recall you've had that issue at least once in the past, and you managed to fix it back then. Maybe you are rather un-lucky with these savefiles, but that seems to be a re-curring issue in your case, which in turn could be caused by...certain habits. In the end of course, that is just a vague assumption on my end.

If these savefiles contain sims/households you like to play with, make some backups of your savefiles, before playing a new update & using new mods. If you're not doing it already. That way you can put the backup-saves back in, once you realize there is a problem. You may lose some game progress (it can take a little while until you realize something may be wrong), but at least you'll have a copy of your precious old savefile.

Looking for bad joke

I was having issues with savefiles in the past on a different computer with much less HD space as well as much less RAM. I never had a missing face issue before. I back up my saves regularly on a separate drive. I've learned my lesson after losing everything several times. I don't do anything out of the ordinary when it comes to saving. This issue emerged after I used S4S to fix some excemption files (furniture mods needed to be fixed) 

I ran a NO CC in shower and the game has been giving me issues since. I have asked for help at S4S but they say they can't help me if I have a pirated version of the game. I came here in the hopes that GFTW could help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:53

anadius wrote:Your installation folder is fine. If the trick with moving Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to desktop and copying just the saves back didn't work then your saves are corrupted. Try restoring previous ones: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

And if that doesn't help then move your family to the library, start a new game and move them back. Fingers crossed, that's all I can think of.

I have been considering on moving the family to gallery as you suggested and starting a new game. However, in this save I have a family legacy and over 7 households. Which present a new set of issues. I'd have to move them all to the gallery and then move them back right? two of my households own businesses. Will they lose their business? This is the first time I've had an issue like this.  Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 20:22

If you want them all then yes. No idea how it works with businesses, try it! Make a backup of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 first not to lose anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Tue 29 Jan 2019, 03:43

Not sure if this was solved yet or not, because I didn't read through all the replies.  Very Happy

I had the same issue and it simply involved a download.  It is Cien Roza's No EA Lashes mod.  (I'm not 100% certain I am getting the name right as I deleted mine).   Just Googled and this is the mod.  http://cienzroza.blogspot.com/2017/04/soon-little-thing.html  It specifically says not to open it in Sims4Studio or the mod will be broken, but there are several reports of the mod itself being broken.  Mine was, without ever opening it or even knowing I had downloaded it.  It causes the game to create faceless Sims with only the teeth showing, who cannot be repaired in CAS.

After searching for it (search 'no lash .pack') and removing it, make sure you also clear your caches which can be done by following simple tutorials online, or if you are familiar with how.
xerendipity
xerendipity
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Tue 29 Jan 2019, 03:47

Sorry, just read where you actually already knew about the No Lashes Mod and have already removed it.  Remember that you have to CLEAN / CLEAR your cache folder/files after, which really is no big deal and helps the game run faster actually, as the game will continue to use those files and to create faceless Sims until you do even if the mod itself is gone.  Unfortunately, as for the Sims, there is nothing to fix them.  I had to delete a few townies.  Good luck.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2019, 14:56

xerendipity wrote:Sorry, just read where you actually already knew about the No Lashes Mod and have already removed it.  Remember that you have to CLEAN / CLEAR your cache folder/files after, which really is no big deal and helps the game run faster actually, as the game will continue to use those files and to create faceless Sims until you do even if the mod itself is gone.  Unfortunately, as for the Sims, there is nothing to fix them.  I had to delete a few townies.  Good luck.

Thank you for your input. I did update the MOD and removed all cached files. Yesterday something peculiar happened; I decided to try and edit the sim in my household whose face is missing, her face was showing on CAS (it didn't before) I edit it (added some skin details) and upon exiting CAS her face is now visible. I suppose I will have to manually fix every Townie that has a missing face.  No shit, Sherlock.  Censored

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Sun 03 Feb 2019, 14:25

Really?  Wow, that's fantastic.  Glad to hear that it was possible for you!   Yess, aye lieeke!
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content