Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help. Empty Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 12:43

A little back story, I have been downloading the sims 4 updates for 3 years now, then, I followed the tutorial for installation, and followed it precisely, but I was quickly running out of place in Local Disc (C:) and had to relocate everything to (D:). I then replaced all the files from the base I had with the updated file I downloaded just like the guide stated, but had to change the file location on the .exe itself so it runs from the updated file in (D:). Then I tried to run the game but it showed me an error message, which I can't recall what it said, so I uninstalled the base and had to download it again since I didn't have a back up *facepalms*

So I downloaded the game, made a backup, and started to experiment with the files, to make a long story short, the only thing that seemed to work, i.e, run the game with the updates (Get to work and Get Together) was to "copy but keep both flies", so I basically had a copy of everything within the base files. And the game worked perfectly for 3 years. Just now I decided to download city living as well.

Just like before, I figured I'd do the same thing again, So I copied the updated files into the current files I had, again using "Copy but keep both files", So now I have THREE copies of everything (I'll attach screenshots). The games is running fine, but the city living update just won't show, I can only play the game with the Get together and Get to work updates.

Can someone pls tell me what to do so it shows? I have also downloaded the Toddlers, vampires update, but I won't add them for now until someone tells me what to do ;-; PLS HELP

Back to top Go down

Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help. Empty Re: Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2019, 14:21

Once you have installed a good working YThe Sims 4, you can move it to any location on any of your hard discs.
(exeception: C:\program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts). All you have to do after the movement is to create a new shortcut from the new location.

When adding new DLC's to an existing The Sims 4 game never use "Keep both files" simply because some files must be overwritten with new details.
In some cases it is even required to completely delete the folder Game and replace by the just downloaded folder Game from a recent DLC.

Back to top Go down

Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help. Empty Re: Low space in (C:) so had to save Sims 4 game in (D:). The game works but I have a problem. Pls help.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Jan 2019, 15:07

TeenDragon98 wrote:(...) the only thing that seemed to work, i.e, run the game with the updates (Get to work and Get Together) was to "copy but keep both flies", so I basically had a copy of everything within the base files. And the game worked perfectly for 3 years. Just now I decided to download city living as well.

Where did you get this "copy but keep both files" from, anyway?

What we recommend is to back up the actual installers/downloads (those .rar or .7z archive files) to some external source so you don't need to re-download them in the event something goes wrong.

But once you got everything installed and running fine, you can of course free up the space on your C: drive, by removing the archive files and/or the stuff you extracted from them.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top