Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay? Empty Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2019, 18:06

I know i was asked last time to not talk about the mccc discord but my friend needs help... the server owners or admins say that a proof of legal copy will remove her from the pirate rank... she uses the non ZLOrigin crack... she wants to shift to ZL so she can use the sims game over there as a legit proof... is that ok or will they catch her?

in case u r confused, my friend was removed from the server and ranked as a pirate, and now she wants to get rid of the pirate rank

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay? Empty Re: Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2019, 18:16

No. ZLO uses old, modified version of Origin so one glance at a screenshot will confirm she's a pirate. And if they want a proof then they will probably ask to upload something to the gallery which you can do only with legit game. Just create a new account.

Oh, and always check if there was an update before asking for help on MCCC server. Because there was one yesterday. You can always check the patch notes here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/latest-patch-notes/

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay? Empty Re: Is Using ZLOrigin as Proof of Legit Sims Game Okay?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2019, 18:23

anadius wrote:No. ZLO uses old, modified version of Origin so one glance at a screenshot will confirm she's a pirate. And if they want a proof then they will probably ask to upload something to the gallery which you can do only with legit game. Just create a new account.

Oh, and always check if there was an update before asking for help on MCCC server. Because there was one yesterday. You can always check the patch notes here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/latest-patch-notes/
Oh, whew thx. she does have a new account now, but she still wanted to try. u just saved a life here :$ i know about the update and even have it (i got legit version) but she prolly wont be able to download it till u guys drop it here...i guess i should just ask her to not ask them for help in the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Feb 2019, 19:25

delan-C wrote:(...) i guess i should just ask her to not ask them for help in the time being.

"For the time being"? Does that Discord-channel actually offer any meaningful insight other than "use the latest available MCCC version only" and "use only compatible mods"? That's probably an oversimplification, but I'm pretty sure I'm not too far off the mark.

And: if you have a legit game of The Sims 4 as you say, you could help your friend out (in theory) with whatever proof they may ask. You could temporarily change your Origin ID/username, and give your friend temporary access and/or do whatever is necessary yourself. Later on change your Origin ID back to normal and/or delete any Gallery uploads that you may have had to post. 

Although I actually doubt they will unban anybody...and this is just a strawman-argument that is used publicly, for PR reasons. In other words: they claim to want proof not because they really want to unban anybody, but rather to create the appearance that they are 'noble'.

Just tell the friend to move on, with a new account.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2019, 15:46

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
delan-C wrote:(...) i guess i should just ask her to not ask them for help in the time being.

"For the time being"? Does that Discord-channel actually offer any meaningful insight other than "use the latest available MCCC version only" and "use only compatible mods"? That's probably an oversimplification, but I'm pretty sure I'm not too far off the mark.

And: if you have a legit game of The Sims 4 as you say, you could help your friend out (in theory) with whatever proof they may ask. You could temporarily change your Origin ID/username, and give your friend temporary access and/or do whatever is necessary yourself. Later on change your Origin ID back to normal and/or delete any Gallery uploads that you may have had to post. 

Although I actually doubt they will unban anybody...and this is just a strawman-argument that is used publicly, for PR reasons. In other words: they claim to want proof not because they really want to unban anybody, but rather to create the appearance that they are 'noble'.

Just tell the friend to move on, with a new account.
I would help my friend out as you mentioned and i did offer but she turned down because she said she does not want me to get into trouble....and tbh i agree with her, given how sensitive the staff can be especially with their little adolescent-like thinking of impressing the queen bee, which are the sim gurus. the gurus r literally in the server for no reason -- all they are there is for the staff to cite their presence and make themselves look powerful... also i read their rules and it turns out they have a new policy for pirates... if a pirate leaves the server by himself or herself's wish, the pirate gets banned PERMANENTLY because they deem it "evading the rank" i do not know why that is a thing? probably to boast that "look how many members our server has!" thing kids do...

the reason someone would be in the server is because they do not just provide help with the mod they also help with the game and read LEs (tho LEs never help me so i do not bother with them...) i know help with the game is provided by various forums, but their's is a live chat on discord so it is quicker to get it done. one more thing is that they also provide help to people who want to learn how to make cc (something my friend is passionate about) so i guess that is why they are so infamous throughout the community? they also provide help with mods whose discord servers are usually "patrons-only" (which kind of confuses me, tbh, given their whole bent-on policy about getting paid stuff for free is "evil") i only go on the server to just ask them about how to do a certain thing the mod says it can do, becuz im too  lazy to remember the path of every single setting... i get help with the game in general thru the official sims forums

of course not every staff member on the server is selfish and trying to impress the "gurus" (i do not know why a game-dev would consider him or herself a "guru" but ok) as best as they can....it is mostly the higher ranking ones who r

btw.. would non-legit dlcs (except stuff packs cuz those r trash and idc abt thems in forst place) work on a legit game? i sometimes want to basically check what a dlc is like before deciding if it is worth the money, so i guess downloading one from here to test could be the best option... i also want to know since it would basically get hooked up to a legit version, would that possibly result in termination of my origin account? i think that could happen so thats why i just wants to download them for a day or less to see if they r worth the coinz...if they r not worth it, i will not buy them and delete the crack as well

(sorry for the painful and cringe english...im latin so i dont speak enlgish very often irl... Oh my...)

//EDIT

im pretty sure she does have an alt now btw

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Feb 2019, 19:37

delan-C wrote:btw.. would non-legit dlcs (except stuff packs cuz those r trash and idc abt thems in forst place) work on a legit game? i sometimes want to basically check what a dlc is like before deciding if it is worth the money, so i guess downloading one from here to test could be the best option... i also want to know since it would basically get hooked up to a legit version, would that possibly result in termination of my origin account?

That doesn't work; if you want to test DLCs you would have to install a DRM-free base game of TS4 as well. And no, it won't affect your Origin account either. I myself have had a legit TS4 since the moment it was released back in late 2014.

delan-C wrote:the reason someone would be in the server is because (...)

I admit I did not know that, but with the exception of "how to make CC" I could do most of that as well. I think. Oh my...  About the Patrons-only servers, learning how to use a mod or general knowledge about a mod is not considered copyright-protected stuff. In that regard I would not see this as problematic.

The chatbox on this Forum also used to be used a lot, back in the days of the old Admin (he was/is more charismatic than I am, therefore more 'popular' than me with the general Forum populace, I grant him that). Nowadays I myself care a lot less about this; also I don't feel I have the time and energy to engage in chatter like that, so I restrict myself posting to the Forum.

delan-C wrote:(...) with their little adolescent-like thinking of impressing the queen bee, which are the sim gurus. the gurus r literally in the server for no reason -- all they are there is for the staff to cite their presence and make themselves look powerful.

So there is some kind of informal connection with EA, because these Simgurus show up (on occasion)? 

delan-C wrote:if a pirate leaves the server by himself or herself's wish, the pirate gets banned PERMANENTLY because they deem it "evading the rank" i do not know why that is a thing?

If I ask someone to suggest a new username on this Forum here because they put their e-mail addresses as usernames or used some other stupid name, and they don't respond, I will not ban them, but delete their account after 1 week (they are welcome to simply create a new account). 

And if someone screws up here and simply does not reply to my messages and/or doesn't show up anymore, then I may consider banning nonetheless, under certain circumstances. Like I said the last time, it's all about perspective.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2019, 21:53

hit or miss i guess they never miss huh? (deleted what was originally written here due to smthn)

Last edited by delan-C on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 19:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Feb 2019, 23:45

delan-C wrote:(...)

@The_gh0stm4n um u know what...?? nvm all the good stuff i listed about them because i just witnessed the most digusting thing on their server... a 30+ year old moderator said that he fancies teenage girls and... well, what he said next is too "unkidfriendly" for your forum's rules... dont join their server, they are absolutely gross

//EDIT

ive left all servers associated with them -- i do not support servers with creepy grown up moderators who check out teen girls

I'll leave just this anecdote here, even if it looks like off-topic:

Sometime in late 2018, there was this attack on a school in Ukraine, (Wikipedia), which I read about on an online news site. Can't recall where exactly, but doesn't matter. One of the follow-up reports dealt with a male student whose girlfriend was severely wounded in the attack, and the girl eventually died. So what the boy then did was, he threw himself out of the school's 3rd floor window in an attempt to commit suicide. He survived. But he will likely remain paralyzed throughout the rest of his remaining life and in need of intensive care. Note that the boy is just 18 years old.

Now, some people wrote under the comments in that online news site...and I'll just paraphrase:

unknown wrote:"boy, why did you do that? Even if she survived, she'd most likely have left you anyway for the big city and have slept with some rich older manager..."

As a sidenote, in the article it was noted that the girl intended to do modelling after graduating from school. And the attack took place in some rural/small-town area in Ukraine. Surely modelling possibilities are easier to come by in places in Russia such as Moscow, St. Petersburg or whatnot. And as cruel as that user-comment may look, I could not agree more with it. Now how does that tie in with what you said earlier?

Simple: things like that (older men "seeking out" women/girls much younger than them) happen more often than one might think. Only thing is that unlike the "30+ moderator" in your example, most of them are actually smart enough to be secretive about it. I can imagine that "rich older men" usually also have a lot to lose. Better not make any mistakes. And even if the guy may not be rich, they are usually old enough to realize that they may get themselves in serious trouble. So in the end, they more often than not manage to be secretive about this.

And no, I do not condone these things either. If I had been in your place, I'd have screenshot'ed that, and...I don't know. Posting on the G4TW Facebook Page may be a little too extreme, but who knows. I would have kept the screenshot either way, maybe for "some usage" later down the road. Very Happy

But in the end I guess I am older, and I've seen a few things. Unlike the vast majority of "younger folks" (yes, talking to the Millennial audience here) I do not hyperventilate on social media about that. Sure: raising awareness on the internet is also important in times like these. But usually these internet discussions turn out as ugly flame wars. Instead I myself try doing more meaningful stuff within my means. That can take many forms, such as volunteer work, voting for my political party, etc. And even if you can't do anything, you'll eventually have to learn to make the best of it, and move on.

Little bit of late-night anecdote from your "Forum O.G.", which is me of course. Well, what you & others take from that will be up to you in the end. Good luck, and peace out.

P.S. I thought for a little whether to write about this here, but then decided to go for it. Even if one could argue this stuff is not that suitable either, for a platform like G4TW. But a little bit of real-life cruelty soberness should do you all some good I believe. You will learn about these things either way later down the road.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 19:08

hit or miss i guess they never miss huh? (deleted what was originally written here due to smthn)

Last edited by delan-C on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 19:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Feb 2019, 03:08

Bit late of a reply, but here's another riddle for you & everybody else. You think it's a good idea to reproduce certain details about conversations (from unrelated platforms), on here? Can you think of reasons why this may or may not necessarily be a good idea? I'll let you figure this out on your own. Smile  And no, that has nothing to do with the Forum Rules here.

delan-C wrote:(and true....milennials and gen z peeps do get on the internet to just write the hell out of their hearts...thats me as well)

Sometimes mainstream trends are not always the way to go.

P.S. should you find out the 'solution' to the above riddle, I don't recommend posting it in public here. Instead e-mail me, if you like.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top