Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another? Empty Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 21:37

I posed this question in the original thread, but since the topic has since been (understandably) closed, I shall try here again! To my understanding, with the cracks it was possible to run both bought and pirated games on the same device using different install directories.
Does the same apply to this ZlOrigin method?

Back to top Go down

Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another? Empty Re: Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 22:35

I would assume so? I have legit basegame, so we'll see if they play okay together.

Back to top Go down

Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another? Empty Re: Can the ZlOrigin method and legit bought game be played alongside one another?

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 22:44

MissNouveau wrote:I would assume so? I have legit basegame, so we'll see if they play okay together.
Cool! Let me know how it goes! I've been wanting to give it a go, but the page is coming up with an error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 May 2017, 23:14

In your dummy account choose for a different download location.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 00:02

Tarac wrote:In your dummy account choose for a different download location.

@tarac, I do this in origin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 08:00

CDively wrote:
Tarac wrote:In your dummy account choose for a different download location.

@tarac, I do this in origin?
yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 20:13

Alright, I'm back to report on how things are working. Both versions are working so far, and I took @tarac's advice about creating an alternative User Account on my device for the ZClient version. However, one thing that I see as a potential problem in the future is the Install Location. 

Now I've tried this twice now. The first time using ZClient, I went with uninstalling the legit game, and re-downloading all components on ZOrigin. This was installed on a different directory than the default Origin Games folder. Worked fine. Now when I went into getting the legit game back into play, it said the game was still installed in Legit Origin???? What?! I uninstalled (No install files in Origin Games), but ok...So I try it out, still works! Curious.

Second time-- Here I was just experimenting. I uninstall everything. including ZClient version and legit game. I do a clean reinstall of the Legit Game and owned expansions through Origin (Install files in Origin Games file folder).
Next, I fire up ZOrigin and download only the EP,SP,GP I don't own (ZOrigin recognized that I had some components already installed, the legit ones). These however did not install into the Alternative Directory I created and specified as the install folder. They installed into the Origin Games folder. I'm not sure why this happened.. but ok. I test again, and everything works. Both Legit and ZClient Versions.

To conclude, it seems like this ZClient version can WORK alongside a legit game. My only concern is future updates the Legit game will require. How will this conglomerated installation of Legit and ZClient versions be affected? Is there something I should do to prepare? Or will everything be updated fine the way it is?

It'd be great if I got some input on this! Thanks for reading!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 21:45

This concerns me too because I let ZLOrigin install in the default Origin Games location. Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing considering the frequency of EA patch updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 22:47

kitty10136 wrote:This concerns me too because I let ZLOrigin install in the default Origin Games location.

That's the thing.. I specifically triple checked that I had the alternate folder selected as the directory for install, and it still ended up installing in the Origin Games location. 

It seems ZLOrigin is automatically bunching the install files into one location.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 May 2017, 18:27

CDively wrote:
kitty10136 wrote:This concerns me too because I let ZLOrigin install in the default Origin Games location.

That's the thing.. I specifically triple checked that I had the alternate folder selected as the directory for install, and it still ended up installing in the Origin Games location. 

It seems ZLOrigin is automatically bunching the install files into one location.

Here's hoping it won't cause a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 02:23

@tarac, you've mentioned that you have both versions installed as well. Any insights?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top