Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strangerville messed up my saves/progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strangerville messed up my saves/progress Empty Strangerville messed up my saves/progress

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2019, 16:56

Hi everyone!

First of all I'd like to thank these wonderful people who do this tedious and hard work of putting this stuff online and always finding new ways to keep everyone updated.
You don't get enough credits for it but you're amazing so THANKS!

Alright, aside from my Oscars speech, now that I've done that part, I wanted to ask another question: I installed the Strangerville update and everything works fine except the fact that it seems like it messed with my saves. I had a Detective career completed and now when I loaded the game, it put me back on 5th level. So does anyone know what's with this? Any way to recover it?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Strangerville messed up my saves/progress Empty Re: Strangerville messed up my saves/progress

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2019, 17:02

I'd suspect your mods before suspecting new DLC. Two lessons for you:
1. backup your saves from time to time
2. update your mods before playing updated game

Back to top Go down

Strangerville messed up my saves/progress Empty Re: Strangerville messed up my saves/progress

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2019, 18:41

Apparently everything seems to be working now. I quit the game and when I started it again and loaded my previous saves, things got back to normal. I was so happy! Thanks again!

However I just wanted to check one more thing - the Game folder (which I renamed to Game_old), it's safe to delete it completely after I copy/pasted files from Strangerville folder? If I delete it, it won't cause problems with new updates?

I suppose it's okay since I already renamed it and didn't experience any problems but I'm just checking, better safe than sorry Smile

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2019, 19:24

Yes, it's completely fine to delete the old "Game" folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top