Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion Installers Won't Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion Installers Won't Open Empty Expansion Installers Won't Open

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 07:14

Hey everyone,

I can usually gets this stuff figured out by searching left and right on the internet, but I'm having no luck with this one. I am trying to install Late Night at the moment. First of all, I have an officially legal version of the base game uploaded, and it is has every recent update updated. Now, I've read numerous posts very carefully, but I feel like there is something very obvious that I'm missing. The guide I'm reading is the PDF The Sims 3 MAC Guide (it won't allow me to post links yet) to install Late Night. On that guide, I get everything correct and my pictures match until step 6. When I click the installer icon in the disk image folder, nothing loads. Instead, it looks like an application is about to load and all the icons in my dock wiggle a bit, but nothing (ie the installer) comes up. Thinking that I had something blocking it somehow, I have restarted my computer several times, but to no avail. I also went back over the instructions several times. In another post, I have read that I need to install Master Suite first, so I tried that instead. However, the same thing happens- neither installer loads. Since the installer won't load, I cannot move onto the next step where I download the updated fix.

That said, I again re-read the instructions and though, somehow perhaps, the fix needs to be applied first, but I don't think that's correct either. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it. :}
Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Expansion Installers Won't Open Empty Re: Expansion Installers Won't Open

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:29

Hello,
Unfortunately the mods and Admin know little about MAC, though Admin has been experimenting with a virtual mac so he may be able to help.
But until he replies, maybe this post is of use to you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:39

Ok, I had to register so I could reply to your post. I was having the same issue so I did a little researching on how to open .exe files on mac. You ned to download "CrossOver". Just do the 30 day free trial. This is an application that will run windows applications on a Mac. ( add www before this....) codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/supported_file... Watch this video on how to apply a new bottle to open the right file... ( search "Open Any Windows exe File On Mac With CrossOver" in youtube. I am not allowed to post links as a new member ). It will show you everything you need to do. Its very simple. The only issue I am having now is when I get the installer running it says to insert the cd. So I am working on that now. Good luck !! I hope I didn't forget anything ! - Shannon

//EDIT

you can probably ignore my post because nothing is working for me. It does open but it says that I need to install sims 3 when i already have

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:48

This happens to me too. The installer doesn't "pursue". When you click the installer icon, it "seem" to be open but the installer appears no where.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:32

Hi everyone,

You must unzip the .rar files with stuffit expander for these installers to work. It's free to download I'm pretty sure. Then only use Disk Utility to create your .dmg file. It should work then.

Smile

Carrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2012, 22:16

What I have found to work the best for me is to go to pirate bay and download version that have the iso. Makes things a lot easier ! I now have all expansion packs !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:00

hemmymomma wrote:What I have found to work the best for me is to go to pirate bay and download version that have the iso. Makes things a lot easier ! I now have all expansion packs !

What does this mean!?!?! When replying to something like this please give more detail, i have been trying to figure this out for days! This is so frustrating! Even when i create a DMG file it does the same exact thing PLEASE HELP
:newfag: The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 17:39

I was having similar problems on two fronts:

Problem #1: I had the image mounted, but when I tried to open the Late Night Installer, nothing happened. The icon would act like it was opening, but no installer program appeared.

Furthermore, I installed Crossover and tried to use the emulation to do it (using setups3e03.exe I think), but that also failed when it said "Sims 3 has not been installed. Please install Sim 3 first" (or something approximately like that). Considered I already had The Sims 3 installed, I was stumped.

Solution: Make sure to unrar using Stuffit Expander. DO NOT use UnRarX. However, this led to a second problem...

Problem #2: After using Stuffit to extract the LN folder, my Disk Utility was no longer able to successfully create an image based on that folder. It would go to more or less 100%, but then get trapped in a loop and never close the deal.

Solution: Use Toast to create an image rather than Disk Utility, then use Toast again to mount it.

After these two solutions, I was able to get Late Night installer to work perfectly. Then of course, you have to go through and patch a few times, but that's for a different thread...

//EDIT

I will recap:

#1 Always use Stuffit Expander to un-RAR.
#2 If Disk Utility isn't working, use Toast.

/close thread Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 19:05

Hello,

Let's wait for the TS result.

Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 20:41

Thanks Admin, and apologies re: forum etiquette. Between being a forum newb in general, and enthused about finding a solution (so I can play too, as of last night!), I was a bit overzealous. Anyway I hope it helps the TS and others!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top