Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away Empty anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2019, 11:36

Hi Guys,
I used this repack to install all the TS4 games.
Works perfectly, but my CPU will jump straight to 100% usage instantly when I start the game. I thought my specs would be enough to handle it without needing the full CPU?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
                Memory: 16384MB RAM
                Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce MX250

Any configuration tips or anything to stop it using so much?
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away Empty Re: anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Apr 2019, 16:18

ilikegames123 wrote:I thought my specs would be enough to handle it without needing the full CPU (...)

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

From the specs you provided, I'm assuming this is a newer laptop-model? If so, I would have also thought it would be enough. Then again, I haven't done much "CPU-tweaking" myself with my ol' AMD FX-8350. Once tried over-clocking this thing in the BIOS, and it actually reduced my game performance in GTA Online. But that's just a sidenote.

Maybe it's indeed not sufficient, and you have to use more cores/the entire CPU.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away Empty Re: anadius repack - Game jumps to 100% CPU usage straight away

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:57

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
ilikegames123 wrote:I thought my specs would be enough to handle it without needing the full CPU (...)

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

From the specs you provided, I'm assuming this is a newer laptop-model? If so, I would have also thought it would be enough. Then again, I haven't done much "CPU-tweaking" myself with my ol' AMD FX-8350. Once tried over-clocking this thing in the BIOS, and it actually reduced my game performance in GTA Online. But that's just a sidenote.

Maybe it's indeed not sufficient, and you have to use more cores/the entire CPU.

Yes it's brand new. I bought it with TS4 in minds hoping it would be sufficient. Now I have to stop every half hour or so to give the laptop a break in case it overheats  Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Apr 2019, 13:00

ilikegames123 wrote:Yes it's brand new. I bought it with TS4 in minds hoping it would be sufficient. Now I have to stop every half hour or so to give the laptop a break in case it overheats  Why.

The common "adage" is that laptops in general are not really suitable for gaming purposes. Not even the more expensive models. Then again, the game was designed with an audience in mind, who may only have cheap supermarket laptops. So I don't know.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 13:49

Have you tried using laptop mode?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top