Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated to island and nothing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated to island and nothing Empty Updated to island and nothing

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 05:42

I got a new computer and had to download the sims 4 all in one pack that was made recently .it has everything before island .when I downloaded island living it didnt work.i copied and pasted everything correctly .I deleted my game folder and put in the new one.my game wouldnt load at all.it kept saying error missing patch or game .I have the same issue with my husband .how can I fix it?

Back to top Go down

Updated to island and nothing Empty Re: Updated to island and nothing

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 10:54

I have the same issue. Patched the game like 6 times. No idea what's wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 11:02

Run the validator and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 13:04

anadius wrote:Run the validator and post the result here.

Sorry for dumb question, but how? Whenever I try to copy the results into the post, it just says "Too long message".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 15:03

If it's that long then you messed up big time. Upload it to pastebin or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 16:01

I'm also having a start up problem. Here are my validator results. Sorry for the long post. I tried to post it as a note file but I could not insert it.

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 16:03

@behensks just delete that "Game1" folder. And if you still get some problems run validator again, this time uncheck "quick scan". It will take a long time but will tell me much more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:05

I got it to work, not sure what caused it. When I first updated I changed the game folder to game1 like always. When I went to start the game I didn't have aTS4 or TS4x64 exc files. 
I re-downloaded everything and the new file had those 2 files so I changed the game folder name again and re-copied everything. That's when I couldn't start the game and posted the validator file. 
Since the I re-download everything again and again I did not have the 2 exc files. I decided to copy everything again to my sims folder, removed the game1 folders and copied over the existing game folder that had the exc files. Now it works.  All I have to do now is update my mods or get rid of the ones that aren't up to date. 
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:19

behensks wrote:I got it to work, not sure what caused it. When I first updated I changed the game folder to game1 like always. When I went to start the game I didn't have aTS4 or TS4x64 exc files. 
I re-downloaded everything and the new file had those 2 files so I changed the game folder name again and re-copied everything. That's when I couldn't start the game and posted the validator file. 
Since the I re-download everything again and again I did not have the 2 exc files. I decided to copy everything again to my sims folder, removed the game1 folders and copied over the existing game folder that had the exc files. Now it works.  All I have to do now is update my mods or get rid of the ones that aren't up to date. 
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Is maybe Windows Defender causing some issues? If you have Windows 10, check this out, if you haven't done so yet:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 21:30

I'm not using defender. I have Norton's installed and normally when I unzip a file it lets me know that it blocked a file and I have to manually take it off the blacklist. 
What was strange for me is that when I downloaded the update from the download site to my google cloud twice it was missing the exc files and once they were there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2019, 01:56

anadius wrote:Run the validator and post the result here.
I have decided to download the repack because for some reason the files that's on my hard drive is spread out and not in one folder under sims 4.when I tried to do one folder ot corrupted my game.i found the sims all in one with island paradise but is utorrent the only way to Download it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2019, 02:34

I don't know which repack you're talking about. Mine (link in signature) has Mediafire and Mega download links too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2019, 03:36

I used the G-drive link on the 1st page of the announcement for island. 
Just an update I tried to download it 2 more times to see if Norton's was giving an error or blocking the exc files. One download had both exc files and the other was missing both. 
So I don't know what's going on. The history in Norton's does not show them being blocked or removed. 
But the game is working now except that a lot of CC is blank in CAS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top