Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?! Empty Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?!

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2019, 14:53

I have ALL of my mods updated, running University, and regardless of if I use a brand new family, an old save, remove my old save file, etc I'm STILL crashing at the final load screen before you get into the lot. I don't have a tab button on my keyboard, so I can't try the alt+tab trick. I'm just so confused.... Is this just something that EA did on their end to royally screw up our non-payer lives? Or is there something, ANYTHING I can do?????

Back to top Go down

Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?! Empty Re: Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?!

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2019, 14:54

I've added the crash log and last exception logs in hopes that helps...

Crash:
Here:

Back to top Go down

Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?! Empty Re: Everything is updated but I'm STILL crashing?!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2019, 15:04

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @LittleStonerMermaid,

If you look at my earlier comment here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35594p175-the-sims-4-discover-university-version-1-58-63-1020-out-now#207724

I've linked to an official tweet about the University DLC release, and last time I checked, people were complaining about crashes there too. Of course we can't know for sure, but it's fair to assume that the majority of people using EA's own communication channels are in fact legit owners of the games. Then again, we cannot know for sure.

Another comment here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35594p150-the-sims-4-discover-university-version-1-58-63-1020-out-now#207668

Have you also tried using that batch fix, mentioned by @grieralexander here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35617-sims-4-university-crashes-with-cc-work-around

Otherwise we will have to wait and see, for another EA patch. But again, adding to what I said in the initial paragraph, at this point I don't believe this is because the game is cracked. As cynical as it may come across, if that really was the issue, we would get many many more comments like that. But in fact, (some) people have confirmed the repack here is working just fine. But they usually play without mods and/or confirm having updated everything there.

Not sure if it is true, but some people also say that the in-game option "enable script (mods)" is bugged, so you would have to completely remove all your stuff from the Mods-folder, and clear caches too (search for "clear sims 4 cache" on the internet).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 22 Nov 2019, 15:24

LittleStonerMermaid wrote:I have ALL of my mods updated, running University, and regardless of if I use a brand new family, an old save, remove my old save file, etc I'm STILL crashing at the final load screen before you get into the lot. I don't have a tab button on my keyboard, so I can't try the alt+tab trick. I'm just so confused.... Is this just something that EA did on their end to royally screw up our non-payer lives? Or is there something, ANYTHING I can do?????
As @The_gh0stm4n replied, Across all Social Media, even EA forums, people are complaining abiut the crashes when loading a game. It is not only old saves but even new games as well. I posted a tip on how to try to eliminate these crashes by using Sims4Studio and @The_gh0stm4n already pointed you to it. I also had problems with crashes but "Only" when using CC, a Vanilla or CC free game does not have as many bugs and does not crash. It has nothing to do with your game being cracked, my sister's game is from G4TW Club and runs great, but she does not mod her game. One thing I've learned about mod updates is that some updates still do not work, so I have to test them myself, due to the fact of we all have different mods combinations and maybe this or that mod does not play well with another one I have Shocked . Most modders rely on others to test and some just test a particular mod all by itself, thus updating mods is a nightmare lately when EA gives us a new pack or a patch, since they do not tell the public what exactly is that they change. This time one of the things were bone assignment, which are used by every and any animation in the game; thus if the bone assignment is wrong on an object the game can not use it, base case scenario you will not be able to use it, but more than likely it will crash your game either when you try to place Sims on a lot or save the game, because this are the 2 times where the game globally reads everything that is on that lot.I hope this clarifies better what it may be happening in your game. If not, we are always willing to listen and help.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2019, 15:48

This will be mainly an off-topic rant, just as a disclaimer.

grieralexander wrote:
One thing I've learned about mod updates is that some updates still do not work, so I have to test them myself, due to the fact of we all have different mods combinations and maybe this or that mod does not play well with another one I have Shocked . Most modders rely on others to test and some just test a particular mod all by itself, (...)

^this here, exactly. People usually suggest doing that "50/50 method", but which does not take into account that particular combinations of mods can (and usually do) cause problems. It has been like that in the era of The Sims 3 already, but then again, most people nowadays haven't really dealt with these issues for as long as we did on G4TW here. Managing CC is a pain, but then again, nobody wants to play without them, so... *shrug*

I think, and I'll be blunt here, I'll also have to blame parts of the community nowadays. But oftentimes when someone suggests "remove all mods", people tend to reply "I've done everything and anything already, you beef, you!1111". But then after some time, they usually bump the thread saying "oops, seems like I forgot to update [insert one particular mod here]". Maybe it's because many folks these days are much less patient than they used to be even a decade ago, I don't know.

And this does not go for just G4TW here. This type of troublshooting happens in many places, even on EA's Forums. Btw, I myself can play the game just fine; without any mods or CC, however.

grieralexander wrote:
thus updating mods is a nightmare lately when EA gives us a new pack or a patch, since they do not tell the public what exactly is that they change.

Lack of communication, disinterest, and endless chains of outsourcing, typical for many areas of life (in especially Western countries) these days. You need to take into account that the people who communicate with Simmers in public - SimGurus - are basically glorified "social media managers". That sounds like a cool job, but in reality it usually describes an underpaid person who has access to social media accounts, and posts stuff on behalf of whoever it is that pays them.

Neither the Simgurus, nor the C-Suite managers (CEO, COO, CFO, CTO, etc.) of EA have any meaningful connection to, or even communication with the people who actually implement the game updates on a technical level: coders, developers, etc.

And now take further into account that especially in bigger companies like EA, there is an endlessly long chain of hierarchy. Everybody 'needs' to delegate even minuscule tasks to someone below them, in the hierarchy. To some extent that has psychological reasons: everybody wants to feel powerful from time to time; everybody wants to be a boss, somehow. And maybe when they eventually get fired down the road and subsequently apply for a new job elsewhere, they can put "managerial experience" in their CV. But there is also another dimension: if you delegate something to someone below you in the hierarchy, you tacitly also delegate responsibility, especially if things go wrong. And even if the company as a whole is well-meaning, things can still get lost in the chain of hierarchy.

In the end, the Simgurus and the C-suite managers will just say: "it's not our fault that the game crashes so easily with the University DLC now".

Some people already indicated that this 1.58.63.1010 patch implemented some technical changes relating to CC. Which could be easily fixed with a hotfix from EA. But the fact that they are taking their sweet times indicates to me that they want to "let grass grow over the outrage", and signal to the public that modders should fix this mess.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 22 Nov 2019, 16:12

@The_gh0stm4n , I totally agree with you on this. I started using Sims 3 as a tool for a business venture. I had started doing interior decorating and I could bring my proposals in 3d to clients and I could find almost anything on the real market as a mod. I do not know of you remember that Sims 3 was also unplayable and thanks to Twallan and his scripts we were able to play with minimal hiccups. However, I expected the public to show their discontent when Sims 4 arrived; well, was I wrong. We have been brainwashed to consume, even when deep inside we know we do not like something, we wanted. And this is not only in games, we want and forget about quality.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Nov 2019, 19:27

Thank you guys! I feared that it was EA's doing-probably pushed the expansion out sooner than they wanted or something like that. 

I tried to do the batch fix thing, but may have done it wrong so I'll give it another go. Hopefully EA fixes their mess soon. My entire reason for torrenting the game at this point is BECAUSE of EA's business practices when it comes to the fans. Sims has been their number 1 seller since it came out, and yet they have constantly given us the raw end at every turn. 

Oh well! Just means it gives me time to amass some more furniture and clothing to download! Ya'll are more than welcome to close up this post.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 24 Nov 2019, 20:19

LittleStonerMermaid wrote:Thank you guys! I feared that it was EA's doing-probably pushed the expansion out sooner than they wanted or something like that. 

I tried to do the batch fix thing, but may have done it wrong so I'll give it another go. Hopefully EA fixes their mess soon. My entire reason for torrenting the game at this point is BECAUSE of EA's business practices when it comes to the fans. Sims has been their number 1 seller since it came out, and yet they have constantly given us the raw end at every turn. 

Oh well! Just means it gives me time to amass some more furniture and clothing to download! Ya'll are more than welcome to close up this post.
You are welcome Good job!  Even if you run the batch fix on showers you may only be able to shower in them. Mod makers will need to update them. We also have posted a sticky here on how to use Sims 4 Studio and a cheat to be able to get out of your game all the CC that will no longer work. Run all the furniture through the Sims 4 Cheat, before you use it, that way it will not corrupt your saves. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Nov 2019, 20:48

grieralexander wrote:You are welcome Good job!  Even if you run the batch fix on showers you may only be able to shower in them. Mod makers will need to update them. We also have posted a sticky here on how to use Sims 4 Studio and a cheat to be able to get out of your game all the CC that will no longer work. Run all the furniture through the Sims 4 Cheat, before you use it, that way it will not corrupt your saves. Good job!

So in most basic terms, people will have to overhaul their entire collection of CC that some of them may have had for years now? Including build-mode objects? Sad Is that the reality that we are facing now, with this new update?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 24 Nov 2019, 21:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
grieralexander wrote:You are welcome Good job!  Even if you run the batch fix on showers you may only be able to shower in them. Mod makers will need to update them. We also have posted a sticky here on how to use Sims 4 Studio and a cheat to be able to get out of your game all the CC that will no longer work. Run all the furniture through the Sims 4 Cheat, before you use it, that way it will not corrupt your saves. Good job!

So in most basic terms, people will have to overhaul their entire collection of CC that some of them may have had for years now? Including build-mode objects? Sad  Is that the reality that we are facing now, with this new update?
@The_gh0stm4n you hit the nail on the head. I have been lucky thus far, that I've lost a couple of beds, all of my CC showers, most bookcases and shelves, but in my case that is minimal if I compare it with the amount of CC I have. The CC I love the most is my historical build items and decor and I only lost the beds, showers I am un the hunt for updated ones. Skins, which I have quite a large collection of those Patreon only ones Shocked  are still working, even though mermaid tails did not work with them, but I got a mod to fix that issue. My height slider is not working and the new one I got does not work either, but as long as I do not touch the Sims I made using them, I'm OK.
I Have counted on EA to break something with every patch and they have not disappointed on that behalf Facepalm . I start having stress related issues when they announce a new Pack or patch is coming out IAmSoHappyEmergahwd .
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2019, 19:39

So far it seems that my clothing and build mode stuff are all safe. I don't really have any showers or beds that I use, but I'll keep that in mind! 

I feel so bad for anyone who has to get rid of a lot of mods... I know that my folder is almost 2g right now. I couldn't fathom having to get rid of most or all of that just because EA wanted to throw a tantrum. -.-' Makes me want that Sims-competitor (Person-something....) even more. Anything to get away from EA's hold....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Nov 2019, 01:01

LittleStonerMermaid wrote:Makes me want that Sims-competitor (Person-something....) even more.

Paralives. Very Happy
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35431-paralives-an-indie-life-simulation-game
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2019, 04:00

grieralexander wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

So in most basic terms, people will have to overhaul their entire collection of CC that some of them may have had for years now? Including build-mode objects? Sad  Is that the reality that we are facing now, with this new update?
@The_gh0stm4n you hit the nail on the head. I have been lucky thus far, that I've lost a couple of beds, all of my CC showers, most bookcases and shelves, but in my case that is minimal if I compare it with the amount of CC I have. The CC I love the most is my historical build items and decor and I only lost the beds, showers I am un the hunt for updated ones. Skins, which I have quite a large collection of those Patreon only ones Shocked  are still working, even though mermaid tails did not work with them, but I got a mod to fix that issue. My height slider is not working and the new one I got does not work either, but as long as I do not touch the Sims I made using them, I'm OK.
I Have counted on EA to break something with every patch and they have not disappointed on that behalf Facepalm . I start having stress related issues when they announce a new Pack or patch is coming out IAmSoHappyEmergahwd .

This is honestly why I stopped even using cc. After having my last laptop stolen there was no way in hell I was going to sift through tumblr and our god-forsaken TSR for all of my old stuff, only to find some pair of shoes is the cause of my misery. I miss the mods I used to use, but a plain game has been worth it for me, mostly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top