Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Empty Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2019, 21:35

Evening all, 

I have recently decided to try sims 3 again. I have installed the game and store content before using G4TW with no issues. However, for some reason whenever i try to install the store content (.sims3pack) through the launcher, instead of completing the download it states that the software needs to update.

I'm running on windows 8 (x64) and have followed all the base game install instructions as well as the store fix. The game version is 18.0.126.011001 and i have university, seasons and generations installed (also from G4TW). I have placed the .sims3packs files in the downloads section of the sims 3 folder and despite my custom content being the same file type and installing fine, the store ones still wont install (also worth noting I installed the custom content after the store content stated it required an update so my cc is not the problem). 

Here are some screenshots to help:

Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Pictur11
Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Pictur10
Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Pictur12Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Pictur13
You can see in the last picture the message i receive when trying to install store content (but not cc). I'm sure there's a simple fix and I've done something wrong but i cant for the life of me figure it out or find an answer.

Thanks for any help Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Empty Re: Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2019, 22:14

Did you update your game version to the latest one 1.67 ?
1. Install the base game
2. Run the last update you can find in #crack folder "TS3_1.67..."
3. Install any expansion pack you want.
4. Replace TS3W.exe/TSLhost from crack folder to Bin directory

Besides I personnally placed the "Stores fixes" in my mods AFTER installing all sims3pack store items... Because theses fixes are made for store items to work in-game i didn't have troubles for installing stores items this way.

Back to top Go down

Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version Empty Re: Store content 'requires a software update' despite having the latest game version

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2019, 23:23

I only have one #crack folder which has:

1. Serial.exe
2. TS3.exe

I can't find any files to update the game.

I've tried placing store fixes before and after with no difference unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top