Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download Empty Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2019, 18:43

I downloaded the Island Living DLC using Mediafire yesterday, but when I tried extracting, I keep getting error messages that some file are missing or corrupt, particularly the Data/client delta build files. My antivirus is turned off and I've never had any issues with downloads and installation before now. Please help.

Sadly, re downloading is an issue due to data restrictions for now and using a mobile data plan is horrendously expensive.

Back to top Go down

Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download Empty Re: Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2019, 19:00

Oh and I ran my Sims 4 folder through the validator. Here are the results:

report:

Back to top Go down

Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download Empty Re: Corrupt and missing files in Island Living Download

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2019, 20:16

I'm afraid you have to redownload it. Use some download manager next time. I use JDownloader for downloading from Mediafire.

And to clean up, delete those folders:
Data\__Installer
Data\Data
Data\Simulation\Gameplay\base
Delta\Delta
EP01\__Installer
EP01\Game
EP01\Support
EP02\Soundtrack
FP01\__Installer
FP01\GP03
FP01\SP05
FP01\Support
Game_
GP01\__Installer
GP01\Support
SP01\SP07
SP02\SP06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2019, 20:29

I was afraid of that  Why God. 

Okay, I use IDM for my downloads, but I'll give JDownloader a shot next month. Will cleanup the folders also. Thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Jul 2019, 21:42

Teslachick2 wrote:I was afraid of that  Why God. 

Okay, I use IDM for my downloads, but I'll give JDownloader a shot next month. Will cleanup the folders also. Thanks for the help.

Slightly off-topic, but when I try logging into MediaFire these days, I get re-directed to the page where you can upgrade the plan. Instead of the login-page.

Hypothetical commenter wrote:Surely because of your cache and/or cookies!11111

Nah, those get auto-deleted each time I close my browser. But maybe it's some other technical "failure" on MediaFire's end.

The point is, while not optimal, it's one of the very few & free services which are suitable of hosting these G4TW repacks.

Also, the primary reason we post these direct downloads are users suffering from ISP surveillance ("I received a warning letter from my ISP threatening to shut down my internet because I torrented something from G4TW"). So, it's these people who will benefit from direct downloads in the first place.

As for everybody else, I'll emphasize again, that you should prefer the magnet link. Unless there is some other technical reason (ISP throttling of P2P traffic, etc).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top