Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't open  Empty Sims 3 won't open

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2019, 00:40

So I downloaded the complete collection but when I went to launch it, it wouldn't. It would load for a few seconds but then stop. Idk what to do.

//EDIT

So after doing some reading I realized that earlier while installing I got confused and frustrated and just uninstalled what I had installed at that point. Which was just the base game. Also I managed to get the game to launch but it comes up with an error message saying to check the logs? Which I cannot find. Anyways Do i need to uninstall it all and just start over? If so how do I do that properly, I couldn't understand other places where it was explaining it.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't open  Empty Re: Sims 3 won't open

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Aug 2019, 19:23

erinvictoria7 wrote:So I downloaded the complete collection but when I went to launch it, it wouldn't. It would load for a few seconds but then stop. Idk what to do.

//EDIT

So after doing some reading I realized that earlier while installing I got confused and frustrated and just uninstalled what I had installed at that point. Which was just the base game. Also I managed to get the game to launch but it comes up with an error message saying to check the logs? Which I cannot find. Anyways Do i need to uninstall it all and just start over? If so how do I do that properly, I couldn't understand other places where it was explaining it.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @erinvictoria7,

My guess (for now) is that you encountered the issue described here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t6052-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for-more-details-fix

...which in turn is often caused by improper un-installing and re-installing of the game. In general I would recommend to be careful to resorting to that method, especially if you aren't sure about how to do it. It should always be your last resort. So either way, check the guide I linked above and see if you can find any of these registry entries mentioned there.

If you deleted these registry entries and/or you cannot find any of them, try re-applying that 1.67 manual patch and Ultimate Fix, if you got your game from Games4theworld.

I'll leave it at that, since I'm not sure what else to suggest without further information or feedback. Keep us posted, if you like, and good luck! Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top