Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch Empty Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2019, 18:11

When I first got the game, I had two Sims. I was able to get careers for both. Since then, I created six more Sims. When I try to have one of them get a job, they go through the motions of going on their phone (or using their computer). When the Career panel comes up, nothing displays.  How should I rectify this so my other Sims can get jobs.
u
I did try another suggestion and removed my Mods folder from The Sims 4 folder in my Documents folder and ran the game. Same result. I, also, removed the entire "The Sims 4" folder from My Documents and ran the game to generate a new folder.  Same result.  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch Sims_410

I ran the validator and this is what it gave me:

report:

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch Empty Re: Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2019, 23:01

Something is really wrong with your game. I'll start with "unknown files":

.metadata folders:

Files that don't make any difference but delete them since you're cleaning up anyway:

Files you were supposed get rid of by deleting "Game" folder before applying the newest patch:

I guess that's reshade you added to the game yourself, you probably want to keep it:

And now onto corrupted (hash mismatch) and missing files:

Those are files from the base game:
data/client/clientfullbuild1.package
data/client/clientfullbuild2.package
data/client/clientfullbuild5.package
data/client/clientfullbuild6.package
data/client/clientfullbuild7.package

Those from Get to Work, City Living and Dine Out:
ep01/clientfullbuild0.package
ep03/clientfullbuild1.package
gp03/clientfullbuild0.package
gp03/magalog.package
gp03/resourceclient.cfg
gp03/resourcesimulation.cfg
gp03/simulationfullbuild0.package
gp03/thumbnails.package
gp03/version.ini

So you can either reinstall your whole game from scratch or use my repack and download:
_setup-1.55.105.1020.exe
base-files.xbin
dlc-ep01-get-to-work.xbin
dlc-ep03-city-living.xbin
dlc-gp03-dine-out.xbin

And then run the setup. That's 9.62GB to download.

You're also missing some Stuff Packs but I assume you removed them on purpose. If not, you can install them back with my repack too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 03:42

Anadius

Thank you for replying.  This may be a dumb question. If I download the stated repacks from you, how do I incorporate them with the rest of my pre-existing packs?

I just noticed that my original Get To Work torrent had files missing. That could also be a part of why my career panel isn't working.  It worked before, though..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 06:02

I cleaned the files that you stated and downloaded your repacked files from MediaFire. When I go to run setup, I run into this error message when trying to install to the sims 4 program folder.

Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch Sims_411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 06:14

Never mind. I went and found the missing patch files. Which one do I pull in? Also, I pulled in the hash and the verify xbin files.bat. Plus, QuickSFV.EXE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 07:18

Sims 4 Career Panel Glitch Img_2012

I ran the QuickSFV. EXE tool and it informed me that your r Get To Work repack had a CRC mismatch m Do I need to re-download?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 10:49

If it says CRC mismatch then yes, you need to redownload it. BTW, you didn't have to download the patch. All you have to do is select your current installation folder in the setup. So if your game is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4", select it in the setup.

And on the second thought: if that many files got missing or corrupted, I'd start worrying about my drive. Maybe it's slowly dying and deleting/corrupting files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 14:10

Hello Anadius
I'll re download it and try again. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help so far.
The laptop I'm on is 8 years old. Temporarily using it until I can procure a new one.
Other than this, I have no major issues with the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 14:42

UPDATE: I just re downloaded the Get To Work repack. Re-ran Quick SFV. Everything checked out. I go to run Setup again. Set it to my Sims 4 installation folder. Encountered the same error, "Patch not found in selected install location."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 14:54

Show me what folder you're selecting in the setup and what's inside. Run validator (quick scan) on that folder and paste it here too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 19:59

im getting the same prob but w/ sims needs so i cant play?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 21:00

You know what? I just realised that I was trying to install to the wrong sims 4 folder. I kept choosing the x64 Sims 4 folder, but the patch was applied to my x86 Sims 4 folder. I selected the other one one and it works. 😁😁IAmSoHappyEmergahwd😑😶. It's installing now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 21:24

You know what? I just realised that I was trying to install to the wrong sims 4 folder. I kept choosing the x64 Sims 4 folder, but the patch was applied to my x86 Sims 4 folder. I selected the other one one and it works. 😁😁IAmSoHappyEmergahwd😑😶. It's installing now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top