Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!" no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!"  no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED] Empty The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!" no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 05:17

Hi,
I'm trying to get The Sims Life Stories to work and I am getting the " Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!" pop up. I found these instructions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21947-the-sims-life-stories-direct3d-returned-an-error-e_invalidarg-error-fix?highlight=Direct3D#
But I don't have NVIDIA control panel. Is it something I should get?

My display adapters show to have "AMD Radeon R7 M260" and Intel(R) HD Graphics Family".
I've no idea how to fix this error and I'm not completely computer software savy.
Please help!
Thank you
Fleur

Back to top Go down

The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!"  no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!" no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Dec 2015, 09:11

FleurLaFleur wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to get The Sims Life Stories to work and I am getting the " Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!" pop up. I found these instructions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21947-the-sims-life-stories-direct3d-returned-an-error-e_invalidarg-error-fix?highlight=Direct3D#
But I don't have NVIDIA control panel. Is it something I should get?

My display adapters show to have "AMD Radeon R7 M260" and Intel(R) HD Graphics Family".
I've no idea how to fix this error and I'm not completely computer software savy.
Please help!
Thank you
Fleur

Hello again,

Unfortunately, I'm not so familiar with the AMD Catalyst Control Center (which is what you should focus on). In that Control Center, you must configure your Life Stories game to use the AMD graphics card, instead of the Intel HD-one. I cannot tell you how to do that in detail, but look for an option somewhere that says something like "application rules/options", and then select "TS Life Stories".

Good luck for now ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!"  no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!" no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Dec 2015, 10:26

Hello,

Look for "Switchable graphics" in CCC. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 03:24

Thank you Carlos and Edin, I will have a look and try and fix the problem.

Cheers
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 03:40

I found the switchable graphics section in CCC and set it to the pic below. I tried to start the sims life stories again and I still got the same Direct3D error.
I rebooted my laptop and tried again, but I still got the error.
What am I doing wrong? Sad
Fleur

The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!"  no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED] The_si10

Last edited by FleurLaFleur on Sun 27 Dec 2015, 03:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to insert the picture)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:03

Hello,

Ok, try the exact opposite option. 
I was just thinking of what Admin said in that fix topic you linked to:
Admin Claus wrote:Hello everyone,

Below you'll find a fix/workaround for the "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate." error, which shows up for some people when they try to run The Sims Life Stories.

The Sims Life Stories "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG!"  no NVIDIA control panel [SOLVED] 1ddfce10
This error seems to show up for people who have two GPUs installed (e.g. an integrated and a dedicated one). The trick is to NOT let the game run via the dedicated one, but via the integrated one. Below we'll show you how to do just that.

That tells me that you need to use your integrated Intel card, not the AMD Radeon. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 20:20

Thank you so much Edin,
I tried what you said and it worked. YAY!!
You rock.
Cheers
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 27 Dec 2015, 20:41

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that! Don't hesitate to post again if you need help.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top