Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception Empty Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 11:26

Hi! So i got myself "The sims3 Complete Collection Mr DJ" and i followed a tutorial online but i get the errore in the title at all the steps, the setup is different looking than in the video and if i still instale it, i cant lauche it and it's teliiing me to "re-instale the base game".
Now i know that's a thread odly similard to this one already exist but the tread in question talk about an .iso file that's i simply do not have. (i tried redowloading the torrent 3 time already)
I'm also not very "tech-savy" so i'm maybe just a idiot but i really dont understand.
thanks in advance.

Ps: I'm not english native and i'm trying my best thanks you!

Back to top Go down

Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception Empty Re: Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2019, 19:36

Lyrakae wrote:Hi! So i got myself "The sims3 Complete Collection Mr DJ" and i followed a tutorial online but i get the errore in the title at all the steps, the setup is different looking than in the video and if i still instale it, i cant lauche it and it's teliiing me to "re-instale the base game".
Now i know that's a thread odly similard to this one already exist but the tread in question talk about an .iso file that's i simply do not have. (i tried redowloading the torrent 3 time already)
I'm also not very "tech-savy" so i'm maybe just a idiot but i really dont understand.
thanks in advance.

Ps: I'm not english native and i'm trying my best thanks you!

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Lyrakae,

So where exactly did you download that item from, then? What does your download look like?

If it's an .iso file, and you have Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can right-click on the .iso file and choose "Open with" => "Explorer". And once you get 'inside' the .iso file, you can try running the setup there. Maybe it can help if you right-click on the setup and choose "run as Administrator".

Some other thoughts: what are your system specifications? Is your computer strong enough to run The Sims 3 (with all expansions/stuffpacks)? Also, did you download and install all available Windows updates, too?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception Empty Re: Runtime Error (at 141:21): Null Pointer Exception

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 19:46

So euhhh This is embarassing but i did dowloaded all the windows update and did and the think you asked me and i was taking screenshot and i wanted to take one of the setup not looking like litteraly all the video of cracking sims 3 i saw... Went it worked... I dont know what i did i mean i updated windows this morning but i tested it right after and it didnt worked and i also tested it later cause i was bored and it didnt worked... So yeah... 
I got the torrent from a lot of different website with no information in it on how to instale it but it's just a .exe files with 3 other .Bin files called setup 1,2 and 3, there is some sims 3 store item with just a note saying "extract Rar files" (witch i did btw) and somthing that's look like some setup for directX (witch i updated too but it did nothing) And that's it... so it's not installed yet but i'v already installed once like 3 years ago and it look the same with the same garbage obnoxious music when you open the setup so i'm going to assume for now that's it work. Thanks you anyway for the quick respond!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2019, 19:54

Lyrakae wrote:So euhhh This is embarassing but i did dowloaded all the windows update and did and the think you asked me and i was taking screenshot and i wanted to take one of the setup not looking like litteraly all the video of cracking sims 3 i saw... Went it worked... I dont know what i did i mean i updated windows this morning but i tested it right after and it didnt worked and i also tested it later cause i was bored and it didnt worked... So yeah... 
I got the torrent from a lot of different website with no information in it on how to instale it but it's just a .exe files with 3 other .Bin files called setup 1,2 and 3, there is some sims 3 store item with just a note saying "extract Rar files" (witch i did btw) and somthing that's look like some setup for directX (witch i updated too but it did nothing) And that's it... so it's not installed yet but i'v already installed once like 3 years ago and it look the same with the same garbage obnoxious music when you open the setup so i'm going to assume for now that's it work. Thanks you anyway for the quick respond!

So am I understanding correctly, that it worked now...? If yes, then it's all that matters! Very Happy

I myself never liked those custom installers with "funny music". Yes, the download is usually "smaller" in filesize, but even if you manage to make it work, those installers take a very long time to install (= that is a disadvantage of "compressed installers").

There are some other tricks you could try in the future if you encounter more of these installers. If the install does not work on the first - or second - attempt, reboot the computer, and try again. This will especially help if your computer is rather weak, in terms of hardware.

There is another possible trick that involves booting up Windows in "Safe Mode" (look it up if you are interested), and installing the game there. Once the install is hopefully working, change the boot settings back to what they were...so that your computer boots normally again. Usually you can do all of that, by pressing Windows + R, type msconfig, and change the boot settings from there.

P.S. usually there is an option somewhere to turn off the music of these custom installers. If not, I'm afraid you will have to turn off your audio, temporarily. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 20:16

Yes i have seen the option to turn the music off and everything worked but i have a question.
I'v seen that's i didnt unlocked the new world maps but i have a files witch is called "Store items and maps" and the only tutorial was to just "extract the .rar files " but it didnt installed. I suppose i need to put the extracted folder somewhere but i dont know exactly... Do you have any idea on that's matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2019, 20:20

Lyrakae wrote:Yes i have seen the option to turn the music off and everything worked but i have a question.
I'v seen that's i didnt unlocked the new world maps but i have a files witch is called "Store items and maps" and the only tutorial was to just "extract the .rar files " but it didnt installed. I suppose i need to put the extracted folder somewhere but i dont know exactly... Do you have any idea on that's matter?

I mean, I don't what the entire download looks like, so I can't do a "tele-diagnosis" (= I just invented that word, I think Very Happy ).

There is a store torrent collection, named "The Sims 3 Complete Store", available here if you like:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

I strongly recommend using the .torrent/magnet there. On that old website there are also individual .sims3pack items, but in general you have to install them one-by-one, which is going to be difficult, especially if you are new. But if you absolutely want only certain store items, then download what you want from the site, and use the tool CC Magic. A tutorial can be found here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2019, 20:24

Thanks you i'm going to do as you told as i dont really want to have all of the item however i'm really impatiant and i'm going to play the game as it's and get hit by all thos good nostalgic vibes again! Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top