Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Program for organizing CC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Program for organizing CC. Empty Program for organizing CC.

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 20:17

Hello, 

I want to apologize in advance, if I happen to be posting this in the wrong section. I have way too much cc and I am looking to unload some of it. However, I want to be able to sort through it and choose what I will keep and what I will discard. I was wondering if anybody knew of any programs that would at the very least put my cc into categories so I can know what it is. If not a program, does anybody know of a method that could work? -Thank you

Back to top Go down

Program for organizing CC. Empty Re: Program for organizing CC.

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2019, 22:58

I don't know about sorting by category but there is a program called Sims4ModFolderTools that will sort them by creator but be careful, make sure you make a backup of your CC folders before you use it because it will rearrange everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2019, 14:56

SimCraz3D wrote:Hello, 

I want to apologize in advance, if I happen to be posting this in the wrong section. I have way too much cc and I am looking to unload some of it. However, I want to be able to sort through it and choose what I will keep and what I will discard. I was wondering if anybody knew of any programs that would at the very least put my cc into categories so I can know what it is. If not a program, does anybody know of a method that could work? -Thank you

Hello,

I believe you can have one (1) "layer" of subfolders, under Mods. I believe you could have more back then by tweaking the resource.cfg, not sure if that trick works still. But you definitely can have 1 layer of subfolders, which can help you with organizing your stuff:

The Sims 4 => Mods => Shoes
                            => Hats
                            => Makeup
                            => Hair

You get the idea maybe, despite my attempt to visualize the structure here may not be optimal. I also had a tutorial on here about basics of installing Sims 4 custom content, but for some reason I cannot find it anymore...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2019, 22:22

Thank you both for your responses, but I was referring to the type of cc. I just wanted a mod that would tell me which category the cc belonged to. For example, a mod that will tell me that a certain piece of cc was hair. I heard that the sims 4 studio can do something like that, but I am not sure how to use it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 01:41

You could use Sims 4 Studio to do that, but it's not going to do it automatically. You'd have to do each individual piece of CC one at a time. That's kind of how I do it. I'd post a link, but that's not allowed. You can Google it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 07:51

I just sort it by manually. Just like ghostman said, you could tweak the resource.cfg in the mod folder. idk if vanilla mod resource was like this or not. but if i remember it correctly, this was a tweak i've done after reading coolspears post in asylum forum. it has been years already  Oh my...

Resource:

Then before copying all the mods i've made folders base on the creator of the mod in the package folder. and each of the modder folder have it own mods inside it. for example kawaiistacie. 
Folder:

As you can see, all these folder was inside
Code:
EA\The Sims 4\Mods\Package\KawaiiStacie
And i can assure you, all of the mod inside those folder are still can be detected in the game. 

I don't know if any of those tools out there is better than sorting it by myself. but these is just how i manage my mod folder. you can create those folder for all your cc like hair, eyebrows, makeup etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top