Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!! Empty The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 21:03

*Disclaimer* this is ONLY meant for users with a 32-bit system! It includes only the Legacy Edition files, nothing else. Any additional updates that may be released by EA, will be posted towards the end of this post, where it says "Further Updates"

Most beloved 32-bit Users!!!!!!!11111

We have now come up with a G4TW repack for the Origin-based "Legacy Edition Patch" of The Sims 4! It is a patch that "wraps up" The Sims 4 for users on 32-bit systems. It is the last update for 32-bit systems, and every patch and DLC release from "Discover University" onwards will only work with 64-bit systems. Read some general information here on EA's page:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/

I would suggest you take the time now to read this introduction. Read it slowly, then read it again. And again.

Credits
Credits to the group CODEX for creating the No-Origin files. Looking for bad joke  alien king

Credits to @Freezer Bunny for allowing us access to a legit Origin version of this..."game".  Suspect  pig  queen
Last but not least credits to those unnamed people (too many to name) who volunteer for seeding these items.  Someone's on FIRE!! Red star from Carlos  Gold star from ~Ann~

Requirements/Contents & Technical info (very important!!!)

We recommend that you install this Legacy Edition Patch, after having installed "Realm of Magic" from G4TW (refer to this guide for details), or if you got your repack from elsewhere you should have a TS4 game on patch version 1.55.105.1020 (or later), before you can apply this item. But this time it can get trickier. Read on.

I tested the patch myself by merging it into my actual TS4 install, that was already patched up to Discover University/1.58.63.1010. No problems on that end. Note that despite having University installed, the Legacy Edition ignores that DLC, because University only works with 64-bit systems.

I then did a few more tests, and removed a bunch of files under Data\Client, as seen here:

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!! N8Ugjfl

I removed all regular update files (ClientDeltaBuild*.package), and only left the base game files in there, which are the ClientFullBuild*.package files. I also left the Resource_LE.cfg in there, because that was added via the Legacy Edition Patch on Origin. The game worked fine. What does this experiment mean for you now?

This would indicate that you can apply this Legacy Edition Patch, after having installed "anything" on the G4TW list of updates. You could apply this directly after having installed just the base game. You can install basegame => Get to Work => Get together => City Living and then the Legacy Edition Patch, and it would very likely work. You get the idea. If anybody wants to help test that theory later down the road, we'll be grateful for feedback, and I intend to leave this thread open.

The Legacy Edition Patch creates a separate subfolder Delta_LE, which is separate from the remaining folder structure of The Sims 4's installation. No matter what patch version your The Sims 4 game is on, the Legacy Edition executable under Game => Bin_LE => TS4.exe will ALWAYS only read the files that are inside the Delta_LE folder. Well, there are a few other scattered files as well, such as the Resource_LE.cfg shown in the picture above. But still, the main component of the patch is the Delta_LE folder.

And note that these components of the Legacy Edition will NOT get any further updates anymore. This download is ONLY meant for 32-bit users; for them, it's as if the life cycle of TS4 ended at this point. Unless they upgraded to 64-bit. Also, again, you cannot actually make use of the "Discover University" expansion pack (and any other subsequent DLC releases from now on).

The download is 6.33GB in filesize, includes 17 language strings, and a complete "Game"-subfolder, as always.

Additional tip: during my testing, the game initially would not start up. I would only get a loading circle, and an instance of the game in task manager (which I needed to close, via the task manager). I found out that I got multiple "The Sims 4 Temp"-folders, under Documents\Electronic Arts. I decided to temporarily remove ALL of my "The Sims 4" folders under Documents, and then the game would finally work for me! It then started creating "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" folders. So this is something you can consider as well, if you try running the game and you only get that blue loading circle for a few seconds, without the game actually starting up.

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!! B5F4B9T

"ISP warning"

For all of you digital internet travelers out there, a warning for the following countries is issued.

- America
- Canada
- Australia
- The United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- France
- Germany
- and probably a few other Western satellite states (Italy and Spain seem "on the ball" lately)

If you happen to torrent the item using your internet while being in one (or more) of these countries, you risk a termination of your internet subscription, and maybe severe fines too. If that happens, then whatever further consequences you may face are out of our hand, and it will be solely within your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements. In general, make an effort to actively inform yourselves about the situation in your own home-country regarding torrenting, as the above-listed countries are by no means an exhaustive listing; these countries are just your "usual suspects" in that regard. Use a paid VPN service like NordVPN, VPN.ac, Windscribe or ProtonVPN to cover your activities.

And note that these services are just recommendations. There's many more decent VPN services out there. As long as the basics of the VPN provider are present (privacy-friendly jurisdiction/location of company headquarters, DNS leak protection, killswitch, no-logs-policy) you're good to go with any VPN service that supports torrenting.

"Does it have to be a paid VPN service???" Yes, it does, because free ones are not going to cover your properly. VPN services are aware of the fact that more and more countries don't allow torrenting, and they want to exploit these trends, by offering P2P-capability only on paid plans.

Even if you use a VPN, try not to connect to servers located in the above-mentioned countries...if at all possible with your particular VPN service. Suspect

Adverts information

We are also using adverts on these download links, as usual. Yes, I know: "Evil adverts", and so forth. But since we need the revenue, we'll have to ask you to bear with us. Read this information on adverts to learn how to navigate this 'obstacle'. Your Support in that regard is crucial for our mission, and I'd also like to give a big shoutout to everybody who has supported us in that regard! Your contributions will not be forgotten, which you may understand better...in the near future.

I think I said everything I wanted to say for the moment. Stay safe everybody, and good luck!

Download Links

Arrow  Magnet link

Self-explanatory I hope, but if you suffer from 'ISP surveillance' then you should only torrent this thing through a good VPN service. Examples are NordVPN, Windscribe, VPN.ac or ProtonVPN. Alternatively, use the direct download option below.

Extra hint: if there are no seeders for this torrent, then please just grab the direct download below as well. We will try seeding this for a while, but there is chance that interest in this release might be low...

Arrow  Direct Download Link (GoogleDrive)

(read this guide here to learn how you can import the item to your GoogleDrive, because downloading directly from the link likely won't work...this tutorial is NOT optional, despite what some noobs think. I am posting this portion of text and the link to the tutorial, for a reason.)

Arrow  Language Strings

(for people who downloaded a different repack of the Legacy Edition in the meantime; it will give you all 17 language versions of the game. Extra Note: you can or should also apply this, if you grabbed Sim Architect's All-In-One version 1.58.63.1010).

Arrow  "Game"-folder

(the people who have downloaded the full patch & DLC from ZLOrigin already, can use this "Game-folder" to bypass the ZClient log-in. Otherwise you can use this as a backup for your No-Origin files, in case they get purged by antivirus/antimalware software).

--- Further Updates ---

Arrow   "Game"-folder 1.58.69.1510

This game-folder was introduced as part of the "Discover University hotfix version 1.58.69.1010", to fix some minor issues with Language Strings in the Legacy Edition. Please use THIS new Game-folder, and not the one that I striked through, above! Further fixes will be added if they come up.

And just in case there are further confusions: use the Bin_LE => TS4.exe, to start your game.

Arrow   "Game"-folder 1.59.73.1520

This game-folder was introduced as part of the "Discover University mega-patch version 1.59.73.1520", to fix some minor issues in the Legacy Edition. Please use THIS new Game-folder, and not the one(s) that I striked through, above! Further fixes will be added if they come up.

And just in case there are further confusions: use the Bin_LE => TS4.exe, to start your game.

#mfga
#maketheforumgreatagain

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 22:55; edited 14 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!! Empty Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!!

Post by Freezer Bunny Wed 20 Nov 2019, 22:15

This thing has 6 GB...? pale
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!! Empty Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition Patch [VERSION 1.59.73.1520] - OUT NOW!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 22:22

Freezer Bunny wrote:This thing has 6 GB...? pale

Yes, well...it contains the base game updates plus all pre-University DLC updates, until 1.58.63.1010 / 1.58.63.1510. 

I anticipate that nobody (or barely anybody) will be torrenting this, so in that case...just grab the Direct Download. As for me, I'm probably not going to sweat seeding this thing, also because I want to continue doing stuff on the Indie Corner.

Good luck anyways. Red star from Carlos

P.S. I still recommend reading the included Installation Guide in the download, because the text is modified, containing new information about the Legacy Edition.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Sun 24 Nov 2019, 18:56

Hey Gh0stm4n, I found this strange website that says you "must" apply the Legacy Edition files after University, is that true?

Rolling Eyes
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Nov 2019, 19:19

Freezer Bunny wrote:Hey Gh0stm4n, I found this strange website that says you "must" apply the Legacy Edition files after University, is that true?

Rolling Eyes

What kind of website was that...?

Again, as hinted in my descriptions on the opening post, the testing I did would indicate that it simply doesn't matter "when" you apply the Legacy Edition Patch. You should even be able to apply this thing after having installed just the 'vanilla' base game.

The G4TW repack of University contains some of the "Resource_LE.cfg" files, which are part of the Legacy Edition Patch. Not sure about the repacks from other sources.

Whatever you saw @Freezer Bunny, my guess is they made some mistake when compiling the files. Which is one of the reasons for the delay in our G4TW repack of this Legacy Edition Patch. Smile  I wanted to make sure to get all the files. I had a suspicion there would be more among the Legacy Edition than just that "Delta_LE" folder, which ultimately proved right.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Sun 24 Nov 2019, 19:43

It was some Dutch language website, not sure if I should mention it here... jocolor  But good to know!
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Nov 2019, 19:48

Freezer Bunny wrote:It was some Dutch language website, not sure if I should mention it here... jocolor  (...)

I have a vague suspicion which website you mean, but due to my general policy of not giving "clout" to (most) other platforms, I shall leave it at that.  Carlos is tha man

//EDIT

Moving this topic under "The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks" now!

Green star from Carl
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Fri 29 Nov 2019, 19:46

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Moving this topic under "The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks" now!

Green star from Carl

Cool!

We've also added that new "Game"-folder, to the opening post here, because it's a minor-update that EA released as part of the hotfix for Discover University (version 1.58.69.1010).

Cookie from Carlos

Edit: if any of you needs further help or if you want to comment on this Legacy Patch, please open a new topic under "The Sims 4 Support"!
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jan 2020, 23:11

Quick update about this thing~

So apparently this format is still receiving minor updates from EA, so as part of the upcoming project we will re-upload this item, with the newest available TS4.exe.

The one that is included in this particular version above (1.58.63.1010) has some kind of glitch involving the language strings, and which was apparently patched in one of the subsequent updates.

So if anybody is reading up on this and you happen to be one of the seeders, I suppose you can still continue seeding, but bear in mind we will re-upload this thing once, and hopefully for the last time. 

This re-upload is then planned to stand as-is, and future updates will be provided in the form of an updated "Game-folder".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top