Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] Empty The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2019, 18:03

OFFICIAL LEAK: The Sims 4 Discover University (Description + Box Art)

By SimsVIP
October 18, 2019

UPDATE: Trusted friend and fellow community member nando_aze has confirmed that the game is listed in the Microsoft store on Xbox One. It appears that the game is only showing up for US users. If outside the United States, simply change your language settings for the game to appear. Thank you for the confirmation Nando!

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] Discover-uni-1

Original story below…
Instagram user asairi_art_gallery, and Twitter user CapturetheCosmo have both posted images and video of The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack showing up tonight on the Miscrosoft store on Xbox One. If the listing itself was not enough, the full description of the game is also available when clicking for details on the game.

The Sims 4 Discover University – Preorder now to hit the books and show your school spirit in The Sims 4 Discover university Expansion Pack, where Sims enroll in school, explore collegiate experiences, and enjoy extracurricular activities. Take classes that set your Sims up for success in engineering, education, or law careers. Discover robotics and ping-pong, plus make some mischief pulling pranks against the rival school. Study hard, sleep in, and high-five the school mascot – just make sure to keep those grades up!
Settle into School – Welcome to Britechester! Begin a new chapter for your Sim when they enroll in the historical University of Britechester or modern Foxbury Institute. Live in a dorm room or off-campus, explore Britechester on a bicycle, spend time in the student commons, and have a study session at the library. Cheer on the student body at a school spirit event and wear school colors to show your Sim’s pride.
Stay Classy – Sims enroll in the University that piques their interest, finding classes in biology, computer science, art history, and even villainy. Attend a lecture or work on term papers and presentations – the more your Sim learns, the better they will be in careers like teaching, law, and engineering. Going to classes or blowing them off will affect your Sim’s grades, so time management is a must.
Meet, Mingle, and Explore – How your Sim embraces college life is up to them. They can study all night to complete homework or chill out and sleep in. And, with activities like juice pong, juggling a soccer ball, and hanging out with roommates, taking a break has never been so fun! Plus your Sim can join school organizations like robotics, debate, art, or even a mesterious secret society. As the school year progresses, Sims become their best selves and discover who they are meant to be.
Empress Your Campus Style – Make your Sim’s space cozy with dorm room decor that reflects their personality with objects like posters and a mini-fridge. Then, develop their personal style in any way you choose – whether wearing late-for-class sweatpants of their best self-slacks, there’s always a way to show school spirit or impress a classmate.

The Sims 4 Discover University was first leaked on Target’s Inventory Tracker last month, and several retailers have listed the game online since then. The one difference to point out between those leaks and this one, is that the Xbox One store confirms a release date of December 17th, which I will assume is the expected release date for consoles. If rumors are true, The Sims 4 Discover University will arrive on PC/Mac November 15th.

[not]Formatting slightly improved. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Oct 2019, 19:44

I hope you can play as professor in that DLC too, and destroy students - in front of everybody.  Twisted Evil   Like in the movie here:

^love it how that "Hart" guy needs to puke at the end of that clip -  Haters gonna hate  Heeeeeey, Macarena
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED]

Post by grieralexander Sun 20 Oct 2019, 16:33

Yes, University will be the next Expansion for Sims 4. I also have learned from an insider that they have substituted the pool table with a ping-pong one to avoid having to deal with too many animations Facepalm. EA continues to slowly kill the Sims Series by cutting corners; however, people still buy whatever they recycle.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Tue 22 Oct 2019, 15:20

grieralexander wrote:EA continues to slowly kill the Sims Series by cutting corners; however, people still buy whatever they recycle.

I think the actual Developers wanted to keep the ping-pong table in, but the higher-up managers @EA decided to rush out the release of the DLC, meaning there is less time for developing/programming more animations and whatnot.

But that's just speculation from me in the end. Razz

Edit:

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I hope you can play as professor in that DLC too, and destroy students - in front of everybody.  The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] Icon_twisted   Like in the movie here:

^love it how that "Hart" guy needs to puke at the end of that clip -  The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] 687017987  The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] 117503565

What kind of doctor is that?? Wat.  He took a piece of skin from the boy's chest (!!!), only to transplant it onto the boy's hand???? I is confused
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Oct 2019, 16:45

Freezer Bunny wrote:What kind of doctor is that?? Wat.  He took a piece of skin from the boy's chest (!!!), only to transplant it onto the boy's hand???? I is confused

I don't really know...the movie the YouTube clip is taken from, was released in the year 1973. But the situation or case described in that opening scene sounds like it may have occurred in the very early days of modern surgery/medicine. My guess is 1920s or 1930s.

//EDIT

See this here for details; apparently there really was such a legal case in real-life:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkins_v._McGee
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Tue 22 Oct 2019, 17:03

A trailer for the new Sims 4 DLC has just been released! Very Happy

Edit:

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
I don't really know...the movie the YouTube clip is taken from, was released in the year 1973. But the situation or case described in that opening scene sounds like it may have occurred in the very early days of modern surgery/medicine. My guess is 1920s or 1930s.

//EDIT

See this here for details; apparently there really was such a legal case in real-life:

Ah, that does make (a bit) more sense, I guess. But still: Killkillkillkill!
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Oct 2019, 21:10

grieralexander wrote:I also have learned from an insider that they have substituted the pool table with a ping-pong one to avoid having to deal with too many animations.

Wait, wait, wait!1111 

Are you suggesting that due to this cutting of corners, there is a decent chance we will NOT be able to play as professors? Killkillkillkill! 

Hypothetical belligerent commenter & EA stooge wrote:Stop being facetious Gh0stm4n. You evil pirate wouldn't have played the DLC anyhow even if there were professors.

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] 200w
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 27 Oct 2019, 20:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Are you suggesting that due to this cutting of corners, there is a decent chance we will NOT be able to play as professors? The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] 1607195605

LMAO IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 04 Nov 2019, 16:44

That's somewhat off-topic, but in case anybody overlooks the latest comment I posted under the Latest News/Announcements section: I will now stop sending out these newsletter notifications, for new G4TW game releases.

The main reason I've made that decision was because that mailing list created by, and inherited from the old Admin. And most of the people who signed up for that thing "back in the days" (a.k.a. nearly a decade ago, can you believe this platform is almost that old?) ... have now moved on.

Now someone is probably going to ask:

Hypothetical commenter wrote:But Gh0stm4n! How do you know that most people have moved on???!!!111

Unbeknownst to the vast majority of users here, except ~Ann~ I guess, I have ways and means to figure out various things. Not going into more details though. But I found out that after me sending out these notifications for the most recent Indie Corner games, quite a ton of people unsubscribed from their profile options.

And that's absolutely cool, don't get me wrong. But if there is little interest in this from the audience at-large, then there is not much point for me in doing that, either. Everything works both - or multiple - ways, in life. I thought a while back that it could be a nice idea to re-activate newsletters, because we don't have a social media presence anymore. Then again, it seems we have to align ourselves more and more to "changing times" as well.

It also goes to show once more the problems of "inheriting" a Forum from a predecessor, whose technical and philosophical views could not be more different...from the views entertained by the successors. Which, at least for the daily supervision of the platform today, is me.

So in case anybody will be wondering, there you go.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Fri 08 Nov 2019, 23:01

EA did a livestream/preview of the upcoming "Discover University" DLC! If anybody missed out on it, you can watch it here:

Talk to my left hand
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2019, 08:05

just a quick check... you guys are going to upload discover university when it gets realised right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2019, 11:37

I hope it will be soon,

Goodluck guys

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2019, 15:07

mathijswestervoort wrote:I hope it will be soon,

Goodluck guys

Thanks man! Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Nov 2019, 22:21

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2019, 11:12

So it will be released sometime on friday correct?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Discover Unversity is coming up Next Nov 15, 2019. [CLOSED] Empty Sims 4 Legacy Edition vs. Regular

Post by grieralexander Wed 13 Nov 2019, 18:10

As we should know by noe Sims 4 has stopped support of the Sims 4 game for 32 bits systems. What does it mean, that 32 bits systems will not be able to run the Sims 4 games any longer, since it has been design for 64 bits systems only! What happens to people that owns only 32 bits? You will have a chance to download a Sims 4 Legacy Edition, which will be playable in 32 bit systems. What is the difference?  
You will be able to purchase and play all Stuff, Game and Expansion packs released between September 2, 2014 and September 10, 2019. This includes Luxury Party Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, Kids Room Stuff Pack, Backyard Stuff Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack, Bowling Night Stuff Pack, Fitness Stuff Pack, Toddler Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, My First Pet Stuff Pack, Moschino Stuff Pack, Outdoor Retreat Game Pack, Spa Day Game Pack, Dine Out Game Pack, Vampires Game Pack, Parenthood Game Pack, Jungle Adventure Game Pack, StrangerVille Game Pack, Realm of Magic Game Pack, Get Together Expansion Pack, Get To Work Expansion Pack, City Living Expansion Pack, Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack, Seasons Expansion Pack, Get Famous Expansion Pack and Island Living Expansion Pack. Any bugs with the above mentioned packs Will Not receive any support from EA any longer, which means that any existing bugs will remain. Another aspect is CC. Custom Content based on any pack done there after will most likely not work, unless the creators continue to offer support for 32 bit games.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Nov 2019, 14:57

Also, if we look at the notes for this intermediary patch now:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968730/november-12th-2019-patch-notes

It appears they did a few things. But as always the question that poses itself is: how many "unanticipated bugs" will pop out, in response to the issues that were apparently fixed?

Edit: one consequence of keeping a +5 year-old video game alive, I guess. If you constantly mess with the code and inject new stuff into it, the old/existing stuff has a tendency to break. Apparently though, the developers are planning further DLC "for the foreseeable future", so there you have it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 14 Nov 2019, 15:19

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Also, if we look at the notes for this intermediary patch now:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968730/november-12th-2019-patch-notes

It appears they did a few things. But as always the question that poses itself is: how many "unanticipated bugs" will pop out, in response to the issues that were apparently fixed?

Edit: one consequence of keeping a +5 year-old video game alive, I guess. If you constantly mess with the code and inject new stuff into it, the old/existing stuff has a tendency to break. Apparently though, the developers are planning further DLC "for the foreseeable future", so there you have it.
Apparently there are quite a few bugs reported, so far. Sims Guru nick is having a hard time keeping up with them according to his answers in Tweeter. I, personally have no further expectations with the game, I open it maybe once a month. I am replaying some of my older RPG's with a few mods until a new game catches my attention.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Nov 2019, 20:16

So I've been un-dusting a couple of things in anticipation of the new DLC, and preparing some stuff for the VIPs here as well. In the process of doing so I have deleted the direct downloads for the Realm of Magic hotfixes versions 1.55.108.1020 & 1.56.52.1020. They are no longer available, unless you have them imported in your own GoogleDrives. But they are not available anymore on G4TW's system.

I also feel sorry for those of you suffering from these ISP warning letters (for torrenting stuff), though I always wonder why in "Free and Liberal Western Democracies" it's always the same political powers that win elections, but whatever.

So either way I will give you a hint: should we post more GoogleDrive or other direct downloads from now on, be sure to import the items to your own GoogleDrive accounts straight away, preferably within the first few days after the announcement, because we cannot guarantee they will stay online forever. As a matter of fact, Head Admin ~Ann~ has given me the information that meanwhile, the magnet links here are being clicked on 3 to 4 times as much, as the direct downloads. Are people finally awakening to the new political realities, and using more VPNs now? Maybe not, but this leads us to the next paragraph.

If you are in need of that particular direct download format, then there are better resources than G4TW. And since I normally don't give free clout to other platforms (Sim Architect's platform being one exception & to some extent anadius' Tumblr as well), I shall leave it at that.  Google   Duckduckgo is your new best friend.

You're most welcome, and good luck. Will see you all later again.

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Fri 15 Nov 2019, 00:16

hey Gh0stm4n, not sure if you got the message, but I sent you a few files through e-mail!

Awesome Emote Piece of cake.
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 02:31

victims.
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Freezer Bunny wrote:What kind of doctor is that?? Wat.  He took a piece of skin from the boy's chest (!!!), only to transplant it onto the boy's hand???? I is confused

//EDIT

I've not viewed the movie clip but taking a piece of skin from one part of the body and transplanting it to another place is quite standard practice. I suffer from skin cancer and I need surgery every few months. On one occasion I had skin taken from my thigh and transplanted to my upper chest to cover up where cancer had been removed. I believe a similar thing happens with burns victims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 04:28

[adm]Comment censored due to smugness and arrogance.

- The_gh0stm4n[/adm]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2019, 04:42

DareDevilDuchess wrote:(...)

I just had to add in my two cents, since my mom worked in the medical field and then I was actively involved with my mom's health, later in her life. 

You would be surprised the amount of things the average people wouldn't know, medically related, that are just second nature (or common knowledge) to others. My mom had to clean ulcers in hospitals and later developed ulcers herself. She later on would get skin grafts. 

The average person, who is not involved in the medical field, doesn't watch medical shows, or isn't involved with someone's medical condition, probably hasn't heard of the procedure.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Nov 2019, 08:44

So...I asked ~Ann~ first, and now I'm going to ask you here. Do you want it "fast"? If so, we can release the torrent right now, without direct downloads. And later on someone else can do that grunt work for us.

Or we wait another 7+ hours for "properly" uploading it.

What do you think? Answer quickly, I'm not very patient today ... Haters gonna hate

//EDIT

DareDevil Duchess wrote:(...)

Looks like I caught me some "Lzzz" on that one, as tryhards in certain video games - and apparently other areas of life as well - would put it! And in recognition of your wisdom in medical sciences I'm awarding you an honorary Forum title. Hope you'll like it! Very Happy

And your comment is censored.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 16 Nov 2019, 17:47; edited 7 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top