Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnet links for the sims 4 broken.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magnet links for the sims 4 broken. Empty Magnet links for the sims 4 broken.

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2020, 22:21

I was installing the packs using the downloads section of the G4TW page, but that page has only until cats & dogs, when I went to the forum post and opened the magnet link, I was rediected to linkvertise, I followed the instructions, but I got a 406 Not Acceptable error at the final website which linkvertise took me to. Maybe you could upload a direct magnet link to the downloads website just like how it's done with base game, get to work, get togther, city living, etc?

BTW: Happy three wise men night to those who celebrate it! king king king   (I guess Spain is the only christian country which does this instead of Santa Claus but anyways...)

(PS: The three wise men (Spanish: Los tres reyes magos "the three wizard kings") are three men who brought gifts to baby Jesus on 6th January, instead of celebrating Santa Claus on 25th December, the traditional thing in Spain is to put food and drinks (milk and biscuits, fruit and/or vegetables, water, whatever) for the three wise men and their three camels (well, they are actually dromedaries I think, but it doesn't matter) the night of 5th January (they go through all the houses! They must eat something in order to not faint! Laughing ) and open the gifts they leave the morning of 6th January)

//EDIT

I read this twice before posting, but my keyboard is a bit clumsy. Sorry for the typos! ("rediected" was supposed to be "redirected" xD)

Back to top Go down

Magnet links for the sims 4 broken. Empty Re: Magnet links for the sims 4 broken.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Jan 2020, 03:38

Siclanito wrote:I was installing the packs using the downloads section of the G4TW page, but that page has only until cats & dogs, when I went to the forum post and opened the magnet link, I was rediected to linkvertise, I followed the instructions, but I got a 406 Not Acceptable error at the final website which linkvertise took me to. Maybe you could upload a direct magnet link to the downloads website just like how it's done with base game, get to work, get togther, city living, etc?

BTW: Happy three wise men night to those who celebrate it! king king king   (I guess Spain is the only christian country which does this instead of Santa Claus but anyways...)

(PS: The three wise men (Spanish: Los tres reyes magos "the three wizard kings") are three men who brought gifts to baby Jesus on 6th January, instead of celebrating Santa Claus on 25th December, the traditional thing in Spain is to put food and drinks (milk and biscuits, fruit and/or vegetables, water, whatever) for the three wise men and their three camels (well, they are actually dromedaries I think, but it doesn't matter) the night of 5th January (they go through all the houses! They must eat something in order to not faint! Laughing ) and open the gifts they leave the morning of 6th January)

//EDIT

I read this twice before posting, but my keyboard is a bit clumsy. Sorry for the typos! ("rediected" was supposed to be "redirected" xD)

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @Siclanito and a Happy Three Wise Men to you as well,

That "games4theworld.org" website is not under our control, as it belongs to an ex-Admin who has disappeared. That being said, check out this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33873-the-advertisements-on-the-forum-updated-on-22-10-20

Especially the last part of that announcement. I understand your concern about this format of advertising. And yes, there are occasional technical hiccups. But overall the service works fine, and I tested it myself again now. Sometimes the "mgnet.me" target website (to which the Linkvertise leads) has problems, in which case you should try accessing later.

I also understand that of course people would prefer direct magnet links. But try and understand our position as well that this will just create a conflict of interest with our policy of generating revenue from the ads. We have tried various advertising formats in the past, and even running only through donations. Nothing really worked, so we now have come up with that idea. We would not be using the Linkvertise at all, if it wasn't our sincerest intention to do so. You probably won't believe me now, but my personal opinion is that I really wish there was a less 'painful' way to arrange these things. But as of now, there is none, and the ultimate judgment will lie within the individual user if and to what extent they want to support us in that regard.

People can grab all of our older downloads incl. the complete Sims 2 and Sims 3 stuff, from either The PirateBay or that defunct "games4theworld.org" website. The rest/newer stuff is only available on the Forum and with the Linkvertise. It's our opinion that this is a fair compromise.

And besides, it would have been a lot easier to use an All-In-One, if you are completely new to the game. See the bold green notice on top of the TS4 Must-Read-Guide. I don't recommend you actually grab all those individual Sims 4 releases, from the beginning to the end. I have something else in progress, that will be easier to use, but I cannot give an ETA right now. Check back in about 2 weeks, or less. There will be some sort of announcement.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Magnet links for the sims 4 broken. Empty Re: Magnet links for the sims 4 broken.

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2020, 12:08

Thanks! Good job! I did not know tht G4TW website was abandoned. Actually, I don't mind the ads, I know you need them to maintain the server of the forum and the work made for making the cracks. I was jus bugged out because I had not seen that error before and I did not know how to fix it. I just tried downloading again and the mgnetme website worked just fine, next time I'll just wait like you said. Mystery solved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2020, 12:09

that* just*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2020, 12:10

BTW, how can you edit messages on here? I saw you edited mine, can I edit my own messages? I just can't see the button/option to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Jan 2020, 19:35

Siclanito wrote:BTW, how can you edit messages on here? I saw you edited mine, can I edit my own messages? I just can't see the button/option to do it.

Briefly and painlessly: in general, you can't, except for special sections designated for tutorials (so you can work on your text guides continuously). Due to abuse from users, we disabled editing abilities for normal users after submitting a post. I originally wanted to institute a time window of 10-15 minutes, in which people could edit their own messages, to fix typos/add stuff, etc. But it would have applied to ALL users, in ALL sections. The Forum software on this platform is utterly atrocious and hopelessly outdated...but it was inherited from the aforementioned old Admin, and we cannot migrate this Forum to a different host.

I mean, we could migrate, but we would lose all users, and all posts.

Either way, I would not worry about editing your stuff. If you really need to add extra information, then just add a follow-up message. No worries, I won't be angry (not sure how that issue is handled on other Forums though). Like here, if someone was really impatient and they would keep bumping their thread, I would simply show up at some point and post a friendly reminder, and in 99.9% of cases, everything is fine after that.

The reason I "edit" these messages by the way, is really only due to an outdated habit. Back then (ca. 2013?!) we merged double- & multi-posts on here, and marked them with the "//EDIT". Nowadays we have a Javascript in place that merges multiple consecutive posts by one and the same user. Before that, when someone kept bumping, it would always replicate the message box (with avatar, signature, etc.), for every "bump". But with the Javascript, everything is put in one single message box.

So much for technicalities. In other news! I have started uploading stuff for the project that I hinted at. I still need to do some more final testing, and I cannot give an ETA yet still. Do check back here, as hinted before, in 1-2 weeks. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 12:46

OK, this happened to me again with the sims 3 and 2, I managed to get the magnet link for the sims 3 somehow, but I had no way of accessing the website for ts2. Then I realised something: firefox sent me a warning the site was not safe before I entered it (normal), but the website was https://, then i realised I had a plug-in that makes all sites https, I disabled it, changed the website name to http and it worked! The extension I was using is HTTPS Everywhere, I jut disabled it for a moment and it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 12:54

Ok wtf, why is the first https in orange? I did not mean to write a link, less even to linkvertise! Pls edit it, I know it is against the forum rules, but it was not intended, I did not know it would become a link!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Mar 2020, 15:14

Siclanito wrote:Ok wtf, why is the first https in orange? I did not mean to write a link, less even to linkvertise! Pls edit it, I know it is against the forum rules, but it was not intended, I did not know it would become a link!

All good and fine @Siclanito, no worries. And yes, the magnet links we use on here are hosted on a third-party website ("mgnet.me"), and they still use the "http", therefore you had these issues. Incidentally, and in case anybody was curious, we have re-introduced .torrent files here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

Partly because we anticipate there will be 'problems' in the (near?) future with that magnet-link-shortener, partly for ease of use, and also because by providing .torrent files in combination with direct downloads, people can re-initiate seeds themselves.

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top