Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The language changer though, it didn't work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The language changer though, it didn't work. Empty The language changer though, it didn't work.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 00:33

i downloaded and installed it copiying the files on my repack installation following the instrucions. it worked fine. the language changer though, it didn't work. i couldn't change it in my previous repack install, no reg file, no ini file, i didn't know about the cfg file, but only the languagechanger.exe did the work. i tried the language reg files included before the installation of tiny living (had to delete all the game because i **** up the first time) and it installs some paths in the registry log that won't work, pointing the game to an origin folder that doesn't exist. deleting the maxis folder from regedit made it work again, but for now i'm playing the game in english before risking again of **** up the whole installation and having to install it again.

Back to top Go down

The language changer though, it didn't work. Empty Re: The language changer though, it didn't work.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jan 2020, 00:45

aphastus wrote:i downloaded and installed it copiying the files on my repack installation following the instrucions. it worked fine. the language changer though, it didn't work. i couldn't change it in my previous repack install, no reg file, no ini file, i didn't know about the cfg file, but only the languagechanger.exe did the work. i tried the language reg files included before the installation of tiny living (had to delete all the game because i **** up the first time) and it installs some paths in the registry log that won't work, pointing the game to an origin folder that doesn't exist. deleting the maxis folder from regedit made it work again, but for now i'm playing the game in english before risking again of **** up the whole installation and having to install it again.

Hello @aphastus,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I moved your post to the Support section of TS4 though.

The .reg files that are included in these repacks should work though, in my opinion. And it doesn't matter that the registry files include an 'obsolete' Origin-path. The only thing that matters here is the entry "Locale" in the registry.

I suppose if you made it work with the language-changer.exe, then you're OK. But in my opinion the .reg files should work as well. 

One thing that doesn't come across clearly though in your comment, and which could be the solution to this mystery: do you remember where exactly you grabbed the .reg files from, that you say don't work? Do you remember in what download they were included? You said you used .reg files "before the installation of Tiny Living", but where exactly were the .reg files from? From the University DLC maybe?

This is the registry path for the CODEX-versions of The Sims 4:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Maxis\The Sims 4 => Locale

Another explanation could be, that you have to run the game as Administrator, after changing the registry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The language changer though, it didn't work. Empty Re: The language changer though, it didn't work.

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2020, 17:03

Thanks for the quick reply. The first time, before Tiny Living, I downloaded the language string the my repack didn’t have but as I commented, there were no reg or ini files that I could change the language in. I even tried one from a website that creates your own reg file that didn’t work either. Only the languagechanger.exe did the job, but tbh I didn’t check if it created any reg file.

The reg files I used now where the ones included in the Tiny Living download. Again, the first time I think it didn’t work because maybe some files where missing when I copied them, so I deleted the whole game and tried again. The game wouldn’t launch, sending a string of numbers error. I chechked up the regedit and saw that there where some origin paths that I don’t have in my PC so I deleted the whole maxis folder from regedit and the game launched again, in english. 

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, do I need the language string for university or the latest strings are valid for every other game? Should I try the reg file provided again? What does the languagechanger.exe do, create a reg file also?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jan 2020, 22:00

aphastus wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. The first time, before Tiny Living, I downloaded the language string the my repack didn’t have but as I commented, there were no reg or ini files that I could change the language in. I even tried one from a website that creates your own reg file that didn’t work either. Only the languagechanger.exe did the job, but tbh I didn’t check if it created any reg file.

The reg files I used now where the ones included in the Tiny Living download. Again, the first time I think it didn’t work because maybe some files where missing when I copied them, so I deleted the whole game and tried again. The game wouldn’t launch, sending a string of numbers error. I chechked up the regedit and saw that there where some origin paths that I don’t have in my PC so I deleted the whole maxis folder from regedit and the game launched again, in english. 

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, do I need the language string for university or the latest strings are valid for every other game? Should I try the reg file provided again? What does the languagechanger.exe do, create a reg file also?

If you download G4TW's updates, then the latest language strings are already included.

Anadius's language changer basically changes the "Locale" entries in the registry, to change the language. Or you can also re-use the language .reg files included in the Tiny Living pack. Whatever is easier for you.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top