Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED] Empty The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:32

Hi,

So i just installed the sims 4 with all the updates/patches and what not. 
It is running perfectly.

Now I tried to change the language of the game from English to Dutch.
Only it does not work. 

Things I have done:
1. After basis install I ran the language changer for Dutch.
2. After installing every expansion and ultimate fix I changed the language installer to point to the new path and ran it again.
3. After starting the game it was in English.
4. Opened regedit to check if the settings where correct. 
Here I found a problem. 
Every single .reg file points to the same GDFBinary_en_US.dll
I manually changed it in regedit to point to GDFBinary_nl_NL.dll (checked spelling with the dll's in the folder).

But after starting the game it is still in English.
I checked the settings in regedit and these point to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\_Installer\GDFBinary_nl_NL.dll

So that should be correct.
What I don't know is if the Product GUID or GameExplorer guide need to be different for any other language besides English?

I hope that you can help me change the language of the game Smile

Regards,
ONL123

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:38

Hello and welcome to the forum,

What is your operating system, is it 32-bit or 64-bit ? And are you running the 32-bit .exe file, or the 64-bit .exe ?

The language changers included in the base game only work for 64-bit Windows system unfortunately. Please have a look here, and at the part that says "for users with a 32-bit Windows system".
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18573-changing-the-in-game-display-language-updated-on-14-01-2016

See if the description there helps you solving the issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 4 language changer not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:47

The operating system is Windows 10 64-bit and I was running the 64 bit .exe

In my forum search I did not find that topic you just linked.
I just downloaded the .reg files and moved the sims 4 to C:\Program Files\

Started it again with TS4_x64.exe but still everything is in English Sad

EDIT:
Now it seems to be working. Restarted the PC and it works perfectly. 

Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:51

ONL123 wrote:The operating system is Windows 10 64-bit and I was running the 64 bit .exe

In my forum search I did not find that topic you just linked.
I just downloaded the .reg files and moved the sims 4 to C:\Program Files\

Started it again with TS4_x64.exe but still everything is in English Sad

OK, thanks for the feedback. Smile  This topic that I linked to before was written quite a while ago, and it may nowadays be a bit confusing. I will see to update and simplify the post later on.

For now, please have a look at this topic instead:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22096-experimental-language-change-and-the-ts4_x64-exe

And import the registry entry that says "Dutch". This should hopefully do !  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:53

I edited my previous post but I think you missed that.

It works now Very Happy
Everything is nicely in Dutch after a reboot of the computer.

This topic can be closed now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Apr 2016, 22:57

ONL123 wrote:I edited my previous post but I think you missed that.

It works now Very Happy
Everything is nicely in Dutch after a reboot of the computer.

Yes, just saw it. Very Happy  I think that since the language changers included in the base game of G4TW are for 64-bit, they are saved under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software. Which in the end boils down to the same as what I wrote in the previous reply.

Alright, have fun with the game, and feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top