Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New DLCs arent showing up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New DLCs arent showing up Empty New DLCs arent showing up

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2020, 18:03

Hi, I've tried downloading all Sims 4 DLCs after Island Living but they still don't appear. I also tried to redownload and install each individual DLC after Island Living, but they still aren't showing up when I load the main menu

Back to top Go down

New DLCs arent showing up Empty Re: New DLCs arent showing up

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Feb 2020, 00:38

shayleon wrote:Hi, I've tried downloading all Sims 4 DLCs after Island Living but they still don't appear. I also tried to redownload and install each individual DLC after Island Living, but they still aren't showing up when I load the main menu

Hello @shayleon,

I'm assuming you are trying to install the DLCs according to the TS4 Must-Read guide (the format with all individual packs). Or are you maybe trying to use the Global Patch format? If you are using the stuff according to the TS4 Must-Read guide, try this for starters.

Delete your "Game"-subfolder inside your TS4 installation. Then take the pack of whatever the latest DLC is, that you downloaded and installed. I mean, the original .7z archive file download. You open that .7z archive, extract that fresh "Game"-subfolder, and put it back into your TS4 installation.

Then see if your DLCs now show up.

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2020, 21:58

Hi @The_gh0stm4n,

The last DLC I installed was Discover University so I tried extracting that subfolder back into the installation but the rest of the DLCs after Island Living still aren't showing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Feb 2020, 02:40

shayleon wrote:Hi @The_gh0stm4n,

The last DLC I installed was Discover University so I tried extracting that subfolder back into the installation but the rest of the DLCs after Island Living still aren't showing up.

You could utilize the new format here, and grab the direct download links for Moschino Stuff and Realm of Magic, which are the DLCs between Island Living and University.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-60-54-1020-tiny-living-stuff#208838

Or you load up the DLC-torrent-folder and just select the 2 DLCs, but I don't know how many seeders there are. Someone hinted earlier that there could be an issue on that end.

In addition, utilize anadius's validator tool to check if there are other issues with your install:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator-version-1-61-15-1020
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2020, 14:37

I tried it out and thankfully my DLCs are on the game. Now it's my mods which are missing (both my Script Mods and CC). But thank you for helping me with my game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Feb 2020, 01:52

shayleon wrote:I tried it out and thankfully my DLCs are on the game. Now it's my mods which are missing (both my Script Mods and CC). But thank you for helping me with my game

Sorry for the belated response @shayleon,

Besides your missing (?) mods and CC, are you able to play and save the game, otherwise? The other day we had someone on here who said that their stuff under Documents got moved by an antivirus program. Maybe the same happened to you.

Do you have an antivirus program, besides Windows Defender? 

You can test that hypothesis by searching for a component of your TS4 Documents-folder, for example "Tray" or "cachestr". So go under "This PC" => and in the search bar in the top right (Search this PC), type in cachestr or Tray, and hit enter. See what the search results come up with.

If the system finds something and you notice it is not in the usual location, that is an indicator that your stuff got moved. You'll then have to make your arrangements with the antivirus program, and/or even consider un-installing it.

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2020, 19:59

Hi,
I checked the folders you mentioned and nothing odd came up. I had a firewall on and I turned it off, but the Mods still aren't appearing in my game.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top