Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Documents-folder TS4 posts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Documents-folder TS4 posts. Empty Re: Documents-folder TS4 posts.

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:57

In addition to point 7 above:

Since the introduction of toddlers in the legally bought game - version 1.26, these toddlers are not present in the downloaded version 1.25.
When you forget to change names in the folder Documents\Electronic Arts and you have created toddlers in the original game and you continue playing with the downloaded games, the toddlers are gone.
When you then save that game, your earlier created toddlers have also disappeared in the original game.
So be very alert on changing foldernames every time you switch games.

//EDIT

To avoid this name-changing and further clashes, think about one or more solutions to fix this problem:

1. Play the 2 versions (legal and illegal) in 2 different languages. The folder in documents\electronic arts will no longer be shared as they have different names. (Some languages however still use the english name The Sims 4, I think it was Italian or Portuguese)
2. Make a new user-account in Windows for either the legal or the illegal game. Each account will have its own Documents section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 17:31

mine is like that.
Documents-folder TS4 posts. BGdmhLD
"o" goes for original and "p" goes for pirate. I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Mar 2017, 08:39

cyberraga wrote:mine is like that.

The setup shown in your screenshot may be interesting for periods where you take a pause from playing TS4. But if you are actually playing the game regularly, neither of the folders in your screenshot are going to be recognized by the game (I'm sure you knew that already; and the only reason I'm even posting this is for the interested reader).

If you wanted to "mark" the folders, you could use the method I described above, like .txt files that are INSIDE these folders...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Mar 2017, 11:14

The method of changing foldernames can be very tricky when you forget to change foldernames

Suppose you have:
* legit game (base game + vampires) - version 1.27
* pirated game (everything upto and incl. City Living) - version 1.25

You've last played the pirated game (1.25)
Now you start the legit game (and forgot to change the folder)
Of course you'll notice the warning that some items are missing and cannot be loaded in the game.
At that point your folder The Sims 4 in Documents will be updated to 1.27.
You ignore the warning and continue playing the legit game, creating toddlers and/or vampires and save the game.

Now you start the pirated game again.
No warning about version number and updating via Origin because your folder in Documents is already updated to 1.27
However, you cannot play with toddlers and vampires !
When you save that game, the previously created toddlers/vampires are definately LOST, also in your legit game.

That's why I prefer the method of a new Windows-account for either the legit or the pirated game.
No folder changing required, no chance to mix or ruin the folders in My Documents as both Windows-accounts have their own The Sims 4 folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Mar 2017, 13:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
cyberraga wrote:mine is like that.

The setup shown in your screenshot may be interesting for periods where you take a pause from playing TS4. But if you are actually playing the game regularly, neither of the folders in your screenshot are going to be recognized by the game (I'm sure you knew that already; and the only reason I'm even posting this is for the interested reader).

If you wanted to "mark" the folders, you could use the method I described above, like .txt files that are INSIDE these folders...
gurl, i know this. it was just an example for when switching game versions Rolling Eyes
i mean, it was pretty obvious. i doubt anyone would rename their sims 4 folder like mine and expect the game to run without creating a new sims 4 folder with the correct name  Oh my... .

Back to top Go down

Documents-folder TS4 posts. Empty Documents-folder TS4 posts.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Mar 2017, 13:55

cyberraga wrote:i doubt anyone would rename their sims 4 folder like mine and expect the game to run without creating a new sims 4 folder with the correct name  Oh my... .

You never know...could be that some users may see the screenshot and think it's easier to do (than reading the opening post here).

Tea 4
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top