Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial game modification on MAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unofficial game modification on MAC Empty Re: Unofficial game modification on MAC

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 09:39

Hi there, I have The Sims 3 and all expansion packs on mac (all which have been downloaded). I used your ultimate fix to crack them all, and my game ends up updating to 1.29 by the end of it. I follow the instructions to a T but i always end up getting that same error and if i click continue my game will crash in build/buy mode with an unhandled fault on read access error. I have reinstalled so many times already and followed all instructions perfectly. What do I do to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Unofficial game modification on MAC Empty Re: Unofficial game modification on MAC

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:26

Hello,
I think you may be using an outdated fix, I recommend redownloading and reapplying the fix to solve this problem. Make sure you get the MAC version of the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:30

Hi, I did download the mac version and what I assume is the latest version from this page https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (and i downloaded the one that was marked in green as the working link) is this correct? and if not could you please redirect me to the correct link? Thankyou

EDIT I also only downloaded the file two days ago...

Last edited by rachie_s on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : another note)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:36

Hello,
That should be the right version indeed. To which folder did you apply the crack during step 13? Can you show a screenshot?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:43

Im sorry im new to this so I dont know how to put a screen shot, but I put the crack in the showpackagecontents/contents/resources/transgaming/c-drive/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/game/bin and then once I got there i replaced the original files with the crack just as the instructions said. Did i do something wrong there?

EDIT [more Qs and info]

I'm actually a bit confused. I have all of the expansion packs right, and in the installation guide that comes along with the fixes, for the master suite, pets, town life and generations you put all of those files for all of those expansions into the game/bin directory of the base game folder right? It says to overwrite the files that were in that folder when you're putting in the next expansions files. Could i just put in the master suite file and not the other 3 expansions? Because they all get overwritten anyway? and they overwrite the files that you put in for the base game anyway so whats the point of putting in the base game files at the beginning? Both base game files and those four expansion packs files go into the directory of contents/resources/transgaming/c-drive/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/game/bin right?

Also I think there might be an issue with my base game file because when i downloaded it i got a zip file with the already mounted image of the sims 3. I didn't have to install anything at all for it, it just had a kinda preinstalled/mounted version with no installation needed, just needs a crack file to be put in to work properly. Should i redownload one that actually needs installing? Do you think that would fix the problem? Because iv already uninstalled and re-unzipped the base game along with uninstalling and reinstalling all of the expansions several times, each time trying to install them differently to see if it brings a different result but I always get the error.

Also not sure if this is an issue but when i install some of the expansions they patch the game up as they go… and I know that in the instructions for the ultimate fix it says to update everything at the end to 1.24 but theres no way of stopping them from patching while they install and they end up updating my game to 1.29 so its all up to date by the time I'm up to the crack stage of the instructions.

Last edited by rachie_s on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more questions and information)

Back to top Go down

Unofficial game modification on MAC Empty Unofficial game modification on MAC

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:28

Hello,
Patch 1.29 is the latest version of the game which it should be for the fix.
But now that you're telling me about your base game, I'm not sure it will work since there's no way of knowing what kind of installer it is if you didn't have to install it at all. The fix requires an unmodified installer. So you may have to download a different version of the base game, though I believe the G4TW version wont work for MAC but any unmodified installer should do. Like, RELOADED.
I'll leave it up to Admin to answer your questions about the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:48

Well ill try downloading the reloaded one then and let you know if it fixes the issue and the errors stop. Thanks so much for all of your help much appreciated!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:59

Hello,
Please let us know the result, and don't hesitate to post if you run into problems again.
Also, please check back later for Admin's thoughts on your problem and questions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top