Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] Empty installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:04

Hi guys!

I downloaded the cowplant via Mediafire (thank you G4TW!!), I double-clicked on it to install it and it eventually said that the cowplant was successfully installed on The Sims 3. Then, I started the game but I couldn't find the cowplant in buy-mode. I completely closed the game, even from the system-tray and I opened the launcher. The cowplant is indeed in the "download-toolbar", but it is not in the "installed contents - toolbar", even though it said that it was successfully installed on the game.

What can I do? Did I miss something?

Any answer will be greatly appreciated :-)

//EDIT

I followed these instructions to correctly install the cowplant:

http://simswiki.info
/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Back to top Go down

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:18

Hello,

In-game go to "Decorations" and then "Plants". Scroll down to the end. It's one of the last plants.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:32

Hello, it's not in there... there is a problem with the content installation, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:32

Hello,

Please post a screenshot of the folder you copied it to.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:39

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] Prints11

I copied it to Documents/EA/TS3/download

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:40

Hello,

Did you also open up the launcher, navigate to the "Downloads" tab, check the box in front of the CowPlant download and click "Install"? Just to be sure.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:44

Hi,

Yes I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:44

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 18:54

allright, I am in

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 28 Feb 2012, 07:30

Hello,
Try installing it with cc magic.
I've used it myself to install all my cc. It has installed a number of "unwilling" sims3packs for me. But let me know if it still doesn't install and I'll see what I can do for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:55

Thank you lady ElDi! I am gonna try it this afternoon and let you know about it! :-)

//EDIT

Besides, I also downloaded the BabySwing thanks to MediaFire: I
extracted it through 7-ip and put the .package into the recommended path
(Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages), but it also do
not appear into the buy-mode.

However, I downloaded a few
haircuts (MediaFire too) and those appear... So strange! Anyway, I am
glad to have at least new hairstyles! :-)

//EDIT

Hello,

So in installed CC Magic. I started the game, but the cowplant is still not into the buy-mode.

Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button on your messages, instead of double-posting. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:33

Hello,
What if you extract it with winrar?
These hairstyles, are they package files as well?
Now that you have cc magic, have a look at documents\electronic arts\cc magic\content\Store sims3packs. Does the cowplant show up here?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 13:31

Hello,

So I extracted the babySwing with WinRar, but it does not show up either into the buy-mode.

As far as the hairstyles are concerned, they are in .Sims3pack format.

Nothing appears in documents\electronic arts\cc magic\content\Store sims3packs, but, they do all (haistyles and cowplant) show up in documents\electronic arts\cc magic\content\Sims3Packs, except the babySwing, which is nowhere in documents\electronic arts\cc magic\content\...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 28 Feb 2012, 13:49

Hello,
Perhaps your resourcefile is outdated. You can get a current one here, the download is for an entire framework, but you can just take the resourcefile out of it.
The babyswing wouldn't show up in any of those folder since its a package.
As for the cowplant.. try clearing the cache. Cc magic has an inbuilt option to clear it, but you can also do it manually.
If it still doesn't show up after clearing the cache with cc magic and manually, you can consider converting it to a package file with this program, but before you do, make sure you have a current resource file.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:09

Ok, I am doing everything said in order to get a current resourcefile.I am stuck at this point: I am asked to delete the Mods folder in this path: :\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\()
but my laptop seems not to have any folder called "Electronic Arts" in there. I am sure of it, because I made the hidden files to show up.

//EDIT

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] Sans_t10
Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button on your messages, instead of double-posting. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:35

Hello,

I don't know why you went to that folder, but I think you have to go to this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3(\Mods)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:45

prior to this:

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] 110

I was told to delete this any Mods Folder in this :
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
but I can't find anything related to the Sims 3 in this preceding path

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 Feb 2012, 15:07

djottard wrote:prior to this:

installed content problem: can't find the cowplant in buy-mode.[SOLVED] 110

I was told to delete this any Mods Folder in this :
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
but I can't find anything related to the Sims 3 in this preceding path
Hello,

Where does it say so?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 15:15

here is the link: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Old_Way_to_New_Way

then you go to: the "folder" part and "mods folder".

Edit:

I finally managed to install the babySwing ! Hurray!
However, still trying to install this irritating cowplant! I'll letyou know about it

Re-Edit:

I did it ! I finally managed to install both the BabySwing AND the CowPlant! Still can't believe it! To install the CowPlant I had to transform the .Sims3pack into a .package file !

So, to conclude thank you A LOT for sharing the upper link, this was a great help!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 28 Feb 2012, 21:42

Hello,
You didn't need that part about old way/new way, but the important part is that you fixed the issue!
Don't hesitate to post if you run into problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top