Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED] Empty Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 01:05

Need some help :s
So... I got the The sims 3 and all the expansions from games4theworld. For the first time I can play this game, but I couldn't install any expansions. It's telling me I don't have the game base and I don't know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:33

Hello,

Could you please be a little more descriptive on what exactly your issue is?  You said you downloaded all of the expansions and the base game from us, and I'm assuming you were able to install The Sims 3, correct?  But when you go to install an expansion, it says it cannot find the base game (or it says it's not installed)?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions can't find base installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 17:21

Hi, I'm sorry, my english is not very good...
Yes, I was able to install the Sims 3 and it works great, but when I try to put any expansions it says the sims 3 it's not installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Nov 2013, 19:09

BlackFairy wrote:Hi, I'm sorry, my english is not very good...
Yes, I was able to install the Sims 3 and it works great, but when I try to put any expansions it says the sims 3 it's not installed.
Hello,

Does it help if you apply the "manual patch" at first, and THEN install expansions ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

Let us know if it worked. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 22:15

Hi Smile

Sorry to say, it didn't work. Nothing has changed and I have no idea what to do... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Nov 2013, 22:25

BlackFairy wrote:Hi Smile

Sorry to say, it didn't work. Nothing has changed and I have no idea what to do... Sad
So can you actually try re-installing the base game then ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 23:05

I've tried it and now that I did what I was told to do, not even the game base works. Keep asking to re-enter the registration code, but the fix only works if I already have at least one expansion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 25 Nov 2013, 23:45

BlackFairy wrote:I've tried it and now that I did what I was told to do, not even the game base works. Keep asking to re-enter the registration code, but the fix only works if I already have at least one expansion!
Hello,

What is telling you to "re-enter a registration code"?  Are you SURE you downloaded the base game from us (Games 4 The World), or did you download it from someone else?  You can find all of the G4TW games here:  http://pirateproxy.net/user/games4theworld/0/7

Happy Simming The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 01:27

Yes, I'm sure it was from G4TW

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Nov 2013, 15:15

BlackFairy wrote:Yes, I'm sure it was from G4TW
There is no need to enter ANY "registration code". You ONLY need to enter a "serial number" in order to be able to install the game.You should be able to actually skip this "registration code"-thing.

Besides that, are you trying to install the games on different hard-drives ?

Also, can you try updating with the launcher ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 16:25

I think you should update the game first before installing any expansion packs.
Update the base game by using the manual patch. You can search it by Google or use Games4theworld's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 03:59

Nothing worked so I got the base game from somewhere else, but the expansions I used from here. Thanks for all the answers and help!! ^^

Moderator edit: that's very strange, but OK. I'm glad this worked out for you ! Happy simming ! Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top