Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you having the exact same problem?

The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] I_vote_lcap20%The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] I_vote_lcap80%The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Mon 12 Mar 2012, 22:30

Hi there.

I made another test now.

After reinstalling all expansions, including showtime, I created a new game and could save and load with no problems.

Then, I downloaded the torrent that has store content up to July of 2011 from the games4theworld account at the pirate bay.

When I try to open any saved game (I got two plain ones), I get the serious error message!

I updated from 1.31 to 1.32 with the package found on this website, and still got the same problem.

Is anybody else having this problem with showtime? It did not happen before it. And I guess the problem is not the 1.32 update (which I got on this forum, thanks admin for your hard efforts), but something else in the game.

I am attaching a screenshot so you can have an idea.

I uninstalled all expansions, the game, and installed everything again FIVE times! Tried with crack, no crack, with fix, no fix, with update 1.31, 1.32, no update at all (besides the ones that are done when you install the expansions), several different compatibility modes, CC Magic, used also Sims3Dashboard, which finds many conflicts just by having the store stuff installed from that file, which is only up to July of 2011. I removed the conflicts using that tool before with no success at all.

I wonder why I do not see more people complaining about the same problem. Please let me know what I am doing wrongly here if you have the chance and let me know if it's just me...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 22:41

Hello,

Please wait for Lady ElDi's reply.
Besides, did you try removing ALL your Custom Content/Mods too?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Mon 12 Mar 2012, 22:46

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Yes, I removed everything from the Documents, Program Files, Registry Entries etc.

I don't know why but I ran CC Magic Again a minute ago and just came here to tell that it seems to be working now (with the custom content only from that torrent you have that includes store stuff up to July of 2011).

Instead of running the game from the launcher, I ran it from CC Magic and I rebuilt twice the default set. Worked like a charm this time, I will try to install more content and I will let you know what happens.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 23:03

Hello,

Great to hear it's working!
I'll keep this topic open, please let us know the final result.

Good luck! The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 12 Mar 2012, 23:15

Thanks a lot. I am downloading the stuff from your mediafire account. I guess it will take a while, since I have to pick file by file (I don't have a pro account). As soon I finish, I will do more testing, and after that, I will try some personalized content (not store related) to see if it works now.

Anyway, it is real funny that it works now. I am not using any crack, by the way, just the image at my Power Iso virtual drive.

I really appreciate all the work you do here, it's beautiful! I wish I can help you somehow, let me know if you need someone to test things or something like that...

----------

As soon I have the results of my testing I let you know.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 13 Mar 2012, 01:04

SvenT wrote:Thanks a lot. I am downloading the stuff from your mediafire account. I guess it will take a while, since I have to pick file by file (I don't have a pro account). As soon I finish, I will do more testing, and after that, I will try some personalized content (not store related) to see if it works now.

Anyway, it is real funny that it works now. I am not using any crack, by the way, just the image at my Power Iso virtual drive.

I really appreciate all the work you do here, it's beautiful! I wish I can help you somehow, let me know if you need someone to test things or something like that...

----------

Please do, glad is working for you
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 13 Mar 2012, 01:53

grieralexander wrote:
SvenT wrote:Thanks a lot. I am downloading the stuff from your mediafire account. I guess it will take a while, since I have to pick file by file (I don't have a pro account). As soon I finish, I will do more testing, and after that, I will try some personalized content (not store related) to see if it works now.

----------

Please do, glad is working for you

Thanks.

I have bad news though. Almost 1 am and I finally downloaded and installed the content I did not before (August 2011 to April 2012 and Special Items from the Games4theworld's Mediafire Folders), and ran CC Magic to "organize" everything and run the game.

Got the "serious error" message again!!!

I will try to take a better look tomorrow on how I can uninstall stuff to see if there's something specific that is conflicting with Showtime, because it must be the same item that was making me unable the Showtime before.

It should be some of the stuff between August 2011 and April 2012 folders, or the special items, like Kathy Perry stuff etc.

Please, be welcome to make any suggestions, I am sure that this information will be useful for many other users that could face the same issue now and maybe for the next years. I found myself lots of useful stuff on these nice forums, all that information can be handy years from now, we never know!

I wish you all a great sleep! Hopefully I am back tomorrow, if not see you Thursday or Friday!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Mar 2012, 07:54

Hello,

I haven't had this problem myself and I'm using the entire store in combination with all TS3 releases by G4TW. Though I have all sims3packs now, I'm no longer using the packages. So it's not the LE or Katy Perry stuff.
It looks like you have an awful lot of conflicts there which is odd, unless you have duplicates.
Let me ask you though, when you downloaded the store for 08-'11 to 04-'12, did you download all of the sims3packs? If so, you should know that the one's that are called month2011set.sims3pack are a so called compilationpack of all the other individual items that are in that month's folder so if you go all of them, you definitely have duplicates now.
You may want to sort through everything again to make sure of that and I don't know if the "store updates 1-26" torrent is still good even though I can think of no reason it wouldn't be.
Its also an idea to try to install them through the launcher since ccmagic doesn't seem to do it for everyone.

Is there any particular reason why you mount an image rather than use the crack?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 13 Mar 2012, 18:01

Thank you very much, Lady ElDi, your advice was just perfect!

I used the CC Magic today to disable the September 2011 set, then I rebuilt the whole thing, and the game is working again! It is funny, because I had all that stuff working before without problems (even with "conflicting" items).

I also have the packages installed and I get some funny messages like "Mod Scipts Found" (with a list of .package files), but the game seems to work just fine.

About cracks, I do not like much to use them when I don't really need, because it is much easier to update the game if you keep the original files, that's my experience along the years playing with The Sims...

I am very grateful for the help of you all, that's really good to meet nice people like you!

----------

Putting all together, in case anybody else has a similar problem, here is how I installed the Sims with all expansions, including Showtime, in a way that worked for myself:

1. System (just for reference): Asus Laptop, Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, Nvidia GTX 560M (3 + 4 GB of Video RAM), Windows 7 Home Premium x64, US English

2: Procedures:

1. Uninstall all expansions and stuff packs, except for the base game;
  2. Uninstall the Base Game;
  3. Delete the folder "Electronic Arts" inside of "My Documents";
  4. Clean the "Recycle Bin";
  5. Open CCleaner, then "Registry", "Scan for Issues" and "Fix Selected Issues..." (fix all of them, removing all useless registry entries);
  6. Install Base Game;
  7. Install Showtime;
  8. Install all Expansions and Stuff Packs;
  9. Use the super update/patch to 1.31 (that large one, which has almost 1 GB);
  10. Install all the store stuff from games4theworld Media Fire folders that you'd like, except for the September of 2011 pack (you can use all the other files from that folder, except for the September 2011 compilation), using the launcher;
  11. Run CCMagic, disable anything, then "Rebuild". After, enable whatever you disabled back, and "Rebuild" again.
  12. Just play, you should be fine, hopefully.
Usually I use no cracks at all, and I did not need to use a "fix" yet (they did not work for me, I don't know why). When you play, for example, "Showtime", you should keep an image of "The Sims 3 - Showtime" loaded into a virtual drive you have or, if you burn disks to install, I guess you may keep the disk in it when playing, as if you would do with the original game. I do this with no problems for the past years with no problems.

You are more than welcome to add information or correct me, I hope that this information can help users around somehow. I will install custom content from another site (I don't know if I can tell the name of the site here, please let me know, so I can mention it) when I have more time and try it later this week, or maybe on the next one, since I am moving tomorrow.

Again, thanks for everything!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 13 Mar 2012, 18:15

Hello,

Thank you Ladi ElDi!
Glad to hear your problem got solved eventually! Enjoy playing the game and please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any more assistance! The Sims 3 Showtime + Store Content = Serious Error!!! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Mar 2012, 07:47

SvenT wrote:
I also have the packages installed and I get some funny messages like "Mod Scipts Found" (with a list of .package files), but the game seems to work just fine.

Hello,

I just wanted to add that that message is normal, everyone who has files in mods\packages get that upon start up.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top