Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log) Empty I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log)

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 21:34

Hello. I have been experiencing issues with my game recently where it says the sims 3 has stopped working. I'm testing each and every possible fix for that issue, but I'm wondering if it might be my store content causing some sort of issue as I notice store content items being frequently mentioned in some of the error trap logs.

I am using windows 7 (Some of the Sims 3 logs say Vista, but it is 7). The issue seems to be occurring between 11am-1am sim time on the Sunday that my current save is in. Changing up how I run through that day doesn't seem to matter. I've even just left the game running and letting my sims fend for themselves and this managed to get the only late day time (just before 1am). 
My game and all expansions are legit, but I do use store content and worlds from this site.

I've uploaded a rar with the following: My DX diag, 3 crash logs, and 4 script error logs (I don't expect anyone to read these, just including them in case they help).

I have tried: Doing a factory reset, clearing my cache, running without mods folder, running with CC disabled via launcher. I have analyzed the crash logs with crash log analyzer and found that it might be inaccurate. After removing CC and mods the crash log analyzer switched all errors (even the ones that predated the CC removal) to being unknown and didn't give a possible cause for the one without CC.
Problem started: After doing a game repair due to fix another issue that turned out to be my fault.

Link to rar:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9K8niVz-lDBUkVFRXdEU3NhVTQ/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down

I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log) Empty Re: I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log)

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 00:06

That repair, if done by an official copy may have broken the crack on the store content. I,myself, use the entire G4tW version of the core game and the store, so I don't know how well they work together with an official copy. But from what you have stated, that would be my first initial guess.

Back to top Go down

I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log) Empty Re: I think my store content might be borked (frequent game crashing, store content mentioned in error log)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 25 May 2017, 09:01

Hello,

Have you tried a clean folder? 
Rename your The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts (to anything), and start the game. You won't have any of your saves, but they're still present in your original, renamed The Sims 3 folder. 
Pick any household and see what happens. 
If it's ok, copy your saves and test again. Then, add the store content.

Sounds like it may be the caches.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 09:54

Thank you for the reply. I'll give all this a shot. But I think it is likely also that the repair broke the fix as re-doing everthing seems to hlp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top