Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates  Empty Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 14:42

Hi there!! Very Happy

I want to thank you for all the downloads and instructions!
I've been experiencing some problems with the Sims 3, but I didn't install it correctly, so I'm going to follow your instructions and re-install it.

I have a question, since I didn't see anything about it in the "How to install the sims 3 correctly", I figured I should make a thread before installing everything over again. (I also didn't find the answer when I searched).

-- Is it necessary to update the game to any version to make the games and the ultimate fix to work?
-- Can I even do update it if I don't have any original cd of the Sims 3? (not registered in the sims site)
-- Also, what are the version updates for, exactly?

Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates  1490881299 I know. hahah

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates  Empty Re: Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 16 Mar 2012, 15:26

Hello,

The fix and patch need to be the same version, the current fix is for patch level 1.32 which can be done like this. It's recommended to have the latest patch as long as the fix is compatible, which means that it's not recommended to patch to 1.33 yet, read more here.
It's no problem to install updates if you don't have an original copy, as long as you use the fix.
What are the updates for? Well, EA tends to release the game and expansion packs before it has been properly tested and bugs start showing up that can range from slightly annoying to making the game unplayable. Patch 1.32 for example was designed because the new social features that came with Showtime also came with the fatal flaw of installing cc a sim on tour (through simport) brought with him into someone elses game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates  Empty Re: Question about the ( Sims 3) version updates

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 15:33

Thanks so much!

So, Should I install the 1.32 version before or after installing the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:04

Hello,

During the fix actually Smile
Its installation guide will tell you all you need to know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:16

Alright! xD thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:32

Hello,

I'll keep this topic open, let us know if you need any more assistance during the process.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 21:26

^^
Thanks for keeping it open.
I followed every step, fixed it with your ultimate fix, updated it and cracked it.

- Now, I want to install some "packs", like Riverview and others I've seen at your mediafire account. Do I need to do anything else? Can I install it simply run the game?

THANKS A LOT!!

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 21 Mar 2012, 03:25

Tubs wrote:^^
Thanks for keeping it open.
I followed every step, fixed it with your ultimate fix, updated it and cracked it.

- Now, I want to install some "packs", like Riverview and others I've seen at your mediafire account. Do I need to do anything else? Can I install it simply run the game?

THANKS A LOT!!
No, just download the packs from the account and install like you normally would install any Sims 3 Pack. Let us know if you need further assistance
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2012, 21:08

I've been playing the game, and it still crashes some times. Maybe that's "normal",Since it happened all the time before too. Other than that the game is working fine.
=D

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 22 Mar 2012, 22:57

Hello,

Kind of normal, yes. You could try these.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Mar 2012, 15:12

Brilliant! =D
I tried the 1st step. And I think it's much better than before in terms of the crashes. The only problem I'm having is that when I try to save the game, the error 16 comes up, I saw a topic where someone had the same situation, so I tried saving AS. instead of save only, It works that way.
But this error doesn't come up from time to time, it comes up every single time I try to save it normally... Do you think it's because I did something wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Mar 2012, 18:37

Hello,

No that's just The Sims 3 being buggy. You can read more about save errors here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 17:40

Hii, I'm having another problem, I can't load any of my saved games, I already tried to un-install the downloadable content... But it didn't change anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Apr 2012, 17:44

Tubs wrote:Hii, I'm having another problem, I can't load any of my saved games, I already tried to un-install the downloadable content... But it didn't change anything.
Hello,

Well, do you get an error or something?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 18:03

Admin wrote:
Tubs wrote:Hii, I'm having another problem, I can't load any of my saved games, I already tried to un-install the downloadable content... But it didn't change anything.
Hello,

Well, do you get an error or something?

I do. I don't think it has a number like it did before, with the saving problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Apr 2012, 18:10

Hello,

Can you post a screenshot of the error, please?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012, 19:00

It's in another language, so I'll just post what it says translated to English.

"A severe error occurred while loading "starlight shores.sims3" we strongly
recommend you to restart the application."

This happens every time I try to load a family from any neighbourhood.

Also, when I removed the custom content, wasn't it supposed to eliminate all the families I had from Riverview or Hidden Springs? They are still there, but (at least I think) I deleted those neighbourhoods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 23 Apr 2012, 20:24

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 22:32

Thank you!! I will try it when I have the time to do so. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 25 Apr 2012, 08:56

Hello,

Great! Don't forget to let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 16:24

^
Hii, It's working fine now!! crashes still happen from time to time, but at least there are no weird errors going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 27 May 2012, 20:07

Hi there,

Sounds good!
Try this, it may help: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-10-01-2012 (Try all possible solutions)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top