Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED] Empty Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 04:39

When I try to move into a lot with a household (I've only tried in Bridgeport), the game freezes for a few seconds and then a pop-up says, "The Sims has stopped working." It works after 2-5 crashes but occurs again thereafter

Back to top Go down

Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Mar 2012, 08:48

Hello,

Are you getting the unofficial game modification error when you start the game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 14:59

I am not getting any errors until it crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Mar 2012, 15:42

Hello,

Do you have any Mods and/or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 16:57

Yes, I have a few lots and furniture from TSR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Mar 2012, 17:13

Hello,

Please remove (Read: backup) ALL of those and restart the game to see if it makes a difference. Usually it does.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 18:11

Thank you Admin. Will I be able to use Custom content?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:04

Hello,

Yes, but you may have to go back to the website where you downloaded it and see if the content you want has been updated to match the latest game version.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 02:00

1. How can I do this on TSR? Some of the artists leave a note that they made this with latest update/version x or whatever, but most don't.

2. Freshprincecreations says that their CC is up-to-date but the crashes persist. They also say that (specifically with crashes from their CC) the solution is to update. Many people who've had this problem with Freshprince's cars say that when they update, it is solved. However his cars aren't the only CC that cause crashes.

I'm so sorry for all the trouble, I've never had these many problems with any games.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 20 Mar 2012, 03:45

drumminrob wrote:1. How can I do this on TSR? Some of the artists leave a note that they made this with latest update/version x or whatever, but most don't.

2. Freshprincecreations says that their CC is up-to-date but the crashes persist. They also say that (specifically with crashes from their CC) the solution is to update. Many people who've had this problem with Freshprince's cars say that when they update, it is solved. However his cars aren't the only CC that cause crashes.

I'm so sorry for all the trouble, I've never had these many problems with any games.
Actually all the cars that I use in my game are his and I have not had any problems, after patching. Do you have any script altering mods, like parking for community areas, sliders, etc.
Make a backup of your My documents>Electronic ARts>Sims 3 and place it in another folder on your desktop called backup or something. Now Delete the My documents>ElectronicArts>Sims3. Now start a game using your Launcher or TS3W.exe. Start playing a new town and see if you have problems. If you dont have problems and you have worlds downloaded reinstall those and test again. If it works, place back your saved sims folder, use one of them and test again; if it works. Your problems is either in the mods or the downloaded content which will be saved in DCCache and DCbackup, so do not returns those yet. Download delphy's Dashboard and test your mods folder for corrupted CC packages; core mods, sliders and scripting mods need to be updated to par with latest patch, no work around to this. Now test you dbc and dbc backup folders. This will help you pinpoint what piece of CC is causing you problems.
Please let us know how it goes.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 00:40

Delphy's dashboard did detect several corrupted CC packages, and so I removed them. Thanks grieralexander. However, a few days later, I had unrelated computer problems and my base game and all stuff packs got deleted. I installed it all appropriately but when I try to apply the ultimate fix, specifically the TSR 1.33 update, I get a CRC error. (The very same from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4302-crc-error-for-manual-patch-to-133?highlight=crc+error)

Now I tried to follow Lady Eldi's instruction, installing from superpatch 1.29, to 1.31, then to 1.33. When I try to install the superpatch, it tells me that it's an outdated version, so I move on to 1.31 but tells me that I have the wrong region. BUUUUUUUUUUT, when I check the skuversion, this is what I have: GameVersion = 1.31.118.015002 and as the SimsWiki says, the last value, in this case 2 determines the region. I downloaded the region 2 patch 1.31.118. What am I doing wrong? Again sorry for all the troubles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 27 Mar 2012, 17:17

Hello,

Try changing your SKU to 1.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 20:51

It is to 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 21:00

What is now the exact problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 21:04

I am trying to use the ultimate fix to patch to 1.33. I'm getting a CRC error, the same one from the aforementioned thread.

This person's error https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4302-crc-error-for-manual-patch-to-133?highlight=crc+error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 21:07

ah you use the manual update.

1.You redownloaded it with a other browser?
2.you unpacked it with WINRAR?
3. you did already what it lady says?

//EDIT

You can't update normally?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 21:12

I get the invalid file error so I use the patch.

I've downloaded from IE, Opera, Chrome, and Firefox. Many times with each.

Yes I unpacked with winrar.

I tried to do what Lady said but it says I have the wrong regions ( I used the region 1 and the region 2).

I'll redownload and reinstall everything and see if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 21:14

Alright let me know if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 29 Mar 2012, 18:37

Hello,

Unpacked? If you download the patch from THIS link, it's just an .exe file you have to double-click. No need to extract/unpack anything.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 19:02

Ok. I completely restarted and re-installed the base game and all expansions. Now when I tried to update to 1.33 normally (step 11 of the Installation Guide of the ultimate fix), it gave me the invalid file so I downloaded the manual patch (TS3_1.33.2.0150xx_update). It gave me this CRC error Crash when trying to move in?[SOLVED] PSsjP. I pressed ignore and continued with the installation. However, now The Sims 3 Launcher won't start.

I have a separate question. In the Ultimate Fix, Step 3 and Step 10 conflict with each other. There is a TS3W.exe and a TSLHost.dll in the "Base game" and the "Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations." Isn't step 3 redundant since step 10 just overwrites the files from step 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 01 Apr 2012, 00:31

Hello,

This is the correct order:

1. Download and happy this manual patch:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch-updated
(Re-do it if the wizard tells you already have the latest version of
the game)
2. Re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
3. Start the game and let us know the result. Good luck!

IF the manual patch gave the CRC error, just remove it and re-download it using Internet Explorer. After that, re-do the instructions above.

Also, those two steps may look the same, but they are not. In step 3, you replace the old TS3.exe (for the base game) with the original one and in step 10, you replace the old TS3W.exe file with the original one (which is the same .exe file for all those 5 expansions).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 00:36

Oh! Thank you Admin, will redo in that order. And thank you for clarifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 01 Apr 2012, 00:46

Hello,

You're welcome!
Good luck and please let us know the final result. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 03:13

So Admin, if I'm following correctly, I install the base game normally (use the crack included with) and then any expansions I want (don't use any cracks). Then when I've installed all that, I use the manual patch, then apply the cracks?

Just making sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:18

Hello,

You don't need the crack that's included with the base game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top