Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:09

I looked and could not find anything relevant to my problem.

I own Sims 3 base + Ambitions, through Origin. I downloaded all other "stuff" packs and expansions (plus a lot of store stuff) from Games4theworld, and used the ultimate fix quite some time ago, about 3 months ago. Everything has been going very smoothly.

Today I decided to install Showtime, but saw I needed to update. So I went into my folder that I labeled "Original Sims files" and removed all the cracks from my base game bin folder and replaced it with the original files I was intelligent enough to save to keep from having to uninstall/reinstall in case of anything going wrong with the cracks. I downloaded the new patch through Origin, then immediately exited origin (through my task manager "end process", not just by clicking the x, it wasn't running in the background). I installed Showtime with the given serial, but did not apply the given crack. Instead I redownloaded the updated Ultimate fix and re-cracked my game with the "base game" and "ambitions" cracks (the patch messed with my ambitions crack, because I legally own it, so I had to recrack it), and then used the final "#crack" folder to completely crack the whole game.

I've done this before, so while it might not make sense what I'm saying HERE, I know how to do it and it's worked seamlessly before. Now my game crashes to desktop during the "loading" screen, which now shows "Showtime" instead of "Master Suite", since it's the most recent expansion. I've tried restarting my comp, shutting down and leaving it for a while, everything. I don't know what else to try. It's really annoying me. Suddenly I can't play my game after installing the patch and showtime. I'm fairly certain EA/Origin hasn't busted me, because I never launch the game through the Origin game manager, I always make sure I'm not running it in the background, and their EULA is most likely nothing to worry about anyway (the whole controversial computer scan clause, if you don't know about it, don't worry about it).

It would seriously take days to uninstall/reinstall everything, considering the amount of mods, worlds, and sim3packs I've installed, plus all the expansions and "stuff" packs. Should I just get rid of Showtime for now and see if it's fixed or did I miss something?

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and have a WD black scorpion 500 GB hard drive, so I'm nowhere near short on space, despite the number of games I have on here (Sims expansions are the only ones I haven't physically paid for). Any other specs needed, I will provide upon request.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:31

Hello,

What is your current base game version? And did you apply the latest fix?
Did you try starting your game without mods?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 now crashes after installing Showtime + Ultimate Fix.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 18:45

My current version is the latest, 1.33, and I did apply the newest fix, the one released yesterday evening (in my time zone, at least). In terms of the mods, I haven't gotten any error message stating that I'm running any unofficial mods. The biggest one I'm using is the Master Controller mod. Does it perhaps need updating with the newest base game patch?

//EDIT

Ah, that was the key. I went to nraas's site and saw that they'd updated the master controller and its extra bits. Updating that mod to its newest release has now allowed my game to finish loading, and I am having no more problems. Well, certainly good to know for anyone else who has the master controller installed.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:18

Hello,

That's good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top