Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Empty Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 16:00

Ok, so I've just spent the last 12 hours or so, and burned through half a pack of cigs out of frustration, to try and install the World Adventures Expansion pack. I lost track on how many times I've installed and un-installed the game now, in order to try various ways of installing. (Yes, I know I'm abnormally stubborn and patient if I really want something bad enough).

At first I followed these instructions exactly:

The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion - Installation Guide

1. First be sure you've Installed The Sims 3 from ® Games4theworld.

2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.

3. Open the '# Crack' file in this .rar file and open 'Crack 1'. Run the 'sims3patch.exe' and
follow on screen instructions. Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to:
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch! (If you have
Installed The Sims 3 in an other language, it'll be something else. Like when you Installed
The Game in Dutch, it'll be: 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\De Sims 3', so be sure you
check what you have, otherwise it won't work!

4. Open the 'Crack 2' folder in the '# Crack' file. Copy áll the files in that folder
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.

5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.

6. Do the same with the other .exe Patches in the 'Crack 3' folder, from up to down.
7. When you applied all the Updates, open The Sims 3 Launcher. You'll be prompted to Download
the EA Download Manager if you haven't already Installed it. So, if you don't have it, Install
it. When you've Installed the EA Download Manager, click on 'Refresh' on the Game Updates -tab.
A pop-up will appear, telling you that there's an Update for you Game. Click 'OK' to Download
and Install the Update.

8. Now completely close the Game including the EA Download Manager from the System Tray. Open
the 'Sims3EP01Setup.exe' in this .rar file. Follow on screen instructions to Install the
Game.

9. Start the The Sims 3 launcher. You'll get a message that you're version of the Game is not
compatible. Click 'OK'. You're now on the Update window. Check the box inf front of the
'SIms3_2.5.12.004002_from_2.0.86.00.2002.exe' and click 'Update now'.

10. Completely close the Game again and open the '# Crack' file in this .rar file. Open the
'Crack 4' folder in there and copy áll the files in that folder to:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the
existing ones.

I never got past number 5 because there was the invalid file error that people have mentioned on here a lot. I even uninstalled the game I already had installed because it said to download the games4theworld version. Also, if it matters, the patch from step 3 had some weird letters in it, and no words except for "Sims 3". I could only get through that because I knew the buttons I was supposed to push because of their position and stuff.

I googled a little, and found the fix. I followed the instructions following the fix, but it didn't change anything.

Then I did a little more googling, and found this:

1. Install The Sims 3 base game. (If you've already installed the base game, ignore this step!)
2. Install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.*
3. Install any other expansions you like. Do not apply any cracks (at all) and when installing Late Night, ignore the Installation Guide, which says you need to reinstall everything. This means that you do not need any "# Crack" folder for installing the expansions.

4. Download and apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems . Only use the files which are included in the Fix. The final crack (The files in the "# Crack" folder) should be copied to your The Sims 3 base game's installation folder and not to your expansions' installation folder(s); note that!
5. If you applied the Ultimate Fix correctly, your game should be working fine. Have fun playing!

* = At least one of these expansions MUST be installed, in order to make everything work!

That didn't change anything either. I then tried Skipping various steps in the original instructions, but nothing seemed to work. I even tried to not update the game at all, but then it just said that I had to update in order to install the game. I then pushed on the button to continue anyway, and then I got an error message.

I've also tried opening The Sims 3 Launcher to check for updates, and it says that my game is up to date.

I uninstalled and installed again between every new thing I tried. I have now exhausted all my ideas.

I've also searched through this forum for a solution through the whole process, and found nothing that helps.

What sucks about this the most is that I had already installed the base game and Ambitions, and it worked perfectly. The launcher may not have worked, but I could play the game by bypassing the launcher. But no, that just wasn't enough for me. I wanted the World Adventures too.

I have pictures of the installation wizard as it started, the patch with the weird language, and all the error messages, if needed.

Any idea on what else I could try? I would buy the game, and all the expansions, if wouldn't already be struggling to make ends meet every single month. Although, I will eventually buy them all, one by one, but right now I can't even afford to eat any food the last few days of every month and I'm lucky if I get one meal per day during those days.

Back to top Go down

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:15

Hello,

If you don't have AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations (or plan to install any one of them), the fix isn't going to help you because it requires one of those expansions, so if you want to use the fix, download one of them.

I think your problem right now is that you're attempting to patch a cracked game, which results in the invalid file error you've become familiar with.

The simplest thing to do right now is to get one of the abovementioned expansions so you can use the fix. If you're not that interested in adding new features, I suggest getting one of the stuff packs: Town Life stuff or Master Suite stuff.

What do you have installed right now? Base or Base and ambitions? And what's your base game version at the moment?
Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] 2dumohk

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:43

No, my game isn't cracked. Like I mentioned, I've tried every way I can
possibly think of. I was trying to instal the world adventures, but I
couldn't because I have to update the game, and the update won't go
through, cracked or not. So, for the time being I only have the base
game installed. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled before I tried
installing the world adventures.

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] No_upd10
Showing no updates available.

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Weird_10
The first patch update.

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Update12
Updating started

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Invali12
First sign of trouble.

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Sims_311
Another sign of problem

Problem with updating the 1.2.7-1.0.631 patch. [CLOSED] Needs_10
Yet another error message.

I got a few more by using various update methods, but I think this should be enough for now.

My version right now is: 1.0.615.00107. I'm pretty sure I had a newer
update before uninstalling to begin with, but of course I also had
Ambitions installed at the time.

Last edited by Ingz on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:48

Hello,

Yes, that version is the very first base game version.
Try this manual patch that'll patch your game all the way to version 1.33, installing expansions shouldn't be a problem.
The only thing is, you'll need the fix to crack your game and the fix requires at least ne of the following expansions: Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:54

Oh, thx. I'll try that. Although, it'll take a while. It's a pretty big file and my internet connection isn't exactly the most powerful one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 20:17

Hello,

Try Master Suite, that one is under 1GB.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2012, 01:03

Thank you so much. I downloaded the manual patch and it worked like a charm.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Apr 2012, 08:41

Hello,

So your problem is solved?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:18

Yes.
My only problem now is that my dog got pregnant about 10 sim-days ago, and no sign of puppies.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:43

Hello,

That shouldn't happen, unless you've changed the pet life-span.
You could use a mod to have the puppies be born, Master Controller has an "instant baby" option.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 07 Apr 2012, 17:01

Hello,

Please continue this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4515-pet-pregnancy-time

Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top