Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot connect to Origin/ error 12.[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot connect to Origin/  error 12.[SOLVED] Empty Cannot connect to Origin/ error 12.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 01:00

I just got the Sims 3 Showtime- I have all the other updates, and they worked fine up till now.

1) I downloaded it (along with some custom content) and tried to play the game. But It said that I had an unofficial game (and that I might crash). I ignored it and pressed continue.

2) So while I was playing my game, I was trying to save, and it kept saying that there was an error 12 and I could not log in.

3) While trying to solve problem 1 and 2, I opened up The Sims Launcher... But it told me I couldn't connect to origin.

SO I tried to fix this problem. I downloaded the ULTIMATE FIX, and the MANUAL FIX, but neither of them got rid of the "Unable to connect to origin." The game loads and works, so is the problem solved? I started over my game (Sadly), but I STILL get error 12.... Please Help!

//EDIT

Oh Yeah. About a minuite after the save error, my game crashes. So I lose the game I just started...

//EDIT

I tried restarting again, but it had an error and told me to restart the application(something like that)

Back to top Go down

Cannot connect to Origin/  error 12.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot connect to Origin/ error 12.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:43

Hello,

Error code 12 is unrelated to the fix or the patch. It's a rather common and serious save game issue.
Is this a savegame you've been playing for a while? It could be that your savegame became bloated.
I'm thinking about a "save game error's" topic, but for now you can read more about the error here.

It's possible that your save game is lost. Have a look at your saves folder in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and see if your game has a .bad extension.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Cannot connect to Origin/  error 12.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot connect to Origin/ error 12.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2012, 16:51

Yeah. It does have a .bad extension. How do I get rid of it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Apr 2012, 20:33

Hello,

Try this:
Remove the one with the bad extension from the folder for now. Don't delete it, just drag and drop it to another location (if this doesn't work, there's more you can try). Now for the same save game, you should also have one named [yoursavegame].sims3.backup. Rename it so the .backup part is gone and see if it will start.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:35

Oh! It worked! I'm behind from where i left off, but it's generally good. So is the preblem gone now? And how do I fix the origin problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Apr 2012, 08:48

Hello,

Not being able to connect to origin has no influence on your gameplay. This is a common error, some people didn't even install origin.
I'd advise you to have a look here, you could get this error code again and that topic has some tips on how to prevent that from occurring.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Apr 2012, 15:58

Awesome! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Apr 2012, 16:49

Hello,

Is there anything else we could help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 03:14

Well no... not really. The biggest problem is with Error 12 right now.
(I have to save every other sim day or when big events happen [ie. birthdays] or I'll get error 12)

Just a quick question though:
- How long is saving supposed to take? (Mines takes around 6-8 mins, so I spend more time saving then playing)

- And is there any way to shorten the saving time?

//EDIT

Oh! And this isn't really problem, but it's a question...

I downloaded the most current expansion(showtime), and cracked it and everything. But I just realized that I didn't download "Master Suite"... Should I download this like how I downloaded the Showtime extension, or do I do something else?

Just to be clear: I have the Base, Ambitions, World Adventures, Late night, High End Loft, Fast lane, Outdoor living, Generations, Town Life, Pets, and Showtime. Am I missing anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 17 Apr 2012, 10:25

Hello,

If you move your population to a new town, you could prevent error 12 for a while and you'll probably save faster too.
How long it takes to save depends on a few things.
A larger save file takes longer to save, so if you have a lot of sims and/or a lot of lots it takes longer than saving a smaller neighbourhood.
The same is true for a save game that you've been playing for a number of generations, there will be more junkfiles.
It also depends on your pc. If you have only 1 or 2 GB ram it can take much longer than if you'd have 3+.

Installing Master Suite should be no problem. You may have to reapply the crack from the fix but that's it. And with that stuff pack, your game is complete.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2012, 01:43

By moving to a new town, do you mean a DIFFERENT town, or a new version of the SAME town? The family that I care about the most lives in Union Cove (I guess that neighborhood is pretty big), but I really like that town, so is there a way to move the family in a new/ restarted version of that town? Oh and my computer is 2 GB. How long is saving supposed to take?

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 18 Apr 2012, 04:17

Imakitty wrote:By moving to a new town, do you mean a DIFFERENT town, or a new version of the SAME town? The family that I care about the most lives in Union Cove (I guess that neighborhood is pretty big), but I really like that town, so is there a way to move the family in a new/ restarted version of that town? Oh and my computer is 2 GB. How long is saving supposed to take?

I think that what Lady meant is a new version of the same town, if that is the world that you like the most. The larger the world, the longer that you have played it will have an influence on your saves time. Also note that every EP that you add you are also adding extra items to the world, so it will also add to the amount of saving time. Also, if your computer specs are at the minimum required to play, it will also add. However, there a workarounds that you may use to make your world play faster and longer. To move your active family or the whole population there is Movers a MOD from Twallan as well as an assortment of mods that can help you manage your World and game play. I am including the link to Twallan's mods so that you may read their descriptions and see which ones suit you most.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
I hope this helps and if you have any other doubts feel free to ask again Cannot connect to Origin/  error 12.[SOLVED] 3479271199
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Apr 2012, 05:09

I was actually going to use Twallan's porter.... but when I try to port it, my house doesn't come along with it (and I spend alot of time on my house).

I thought that mover only removes the limit of 8 per household and requires adult on move...

//EDIT

So I just tried Porter, but there's some strange things. I clicked on my house (I copied it from Bin from my old town). My family got moved to some random home halfway across the town, all the stuff in my house is gone, and I just got a bunch more money (did my stuff get sold)?

maybe I should've put all the important stuff in the family inventory or something, and then saved the household (or do those get sold too?)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Apr 2012, 07:46

Hello,

If you changed a lot about the house since they moved in the changes wouldn't be saved, unless you moved them out and copied the house to the bin. You could've also moved them out with their house, place then in the new neighbourhood, then follow Porter's instructions and your porter family would overwrite the one's in the house, and nothing will have changed from their point of view.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2012, 03:02

So I copied my house onto bin,
and then I place my family onto a new town, and then porter my family?
Should I move my house with the household?

//EDIT

I just portered my household and all looks well. But the friends that I moved are all put in random houses. This doesn't affect gameplay, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 21 Apr 2012, 08:43

Hello,

No it doesn't. If you want them in different houses, you can move them using the clipboard.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 04:00

Okay. Thanks. So recently, I've been taking extended vacations or Egypt, and I noticed that saving takes ALOT less time. It only takes around a minute! I also get error 12 alot less (only once in the whole trip!). But I do get crashes every now and then. Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 24 Apr 2012, 09:18

Hello,

Crashes are common in The Sims 3, unfortunately. You can try these.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2012, 03:56

I tried removing the DEP, But I can't seem to do them all at once. I have to keep opening files (except to the S3 launcher and the S3 game)

Also- If I have all the expansions, do I have to do the DEP thing to all of the files, or only the latest one?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 25 Apr 2012, 07:46

Hello,

Yes you'd have to do the DEP for each expansion. This video should be helpful.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 01:42

okay. So I added all the sims to the DEP, but now I get crashes even more! (I can't even play properly with all the crashes)... Did I do something wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Apr 2012, 08:24

Hello,

I'm not sure. You may ask Admin to have a look with teamviewer if you want, just join the chatbox when you see him online and he'll join you if he has time.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 06:05

I live in New York, so the time difference would be a pain if I were to ask him.... (and I have school too)... Sorry for all the trouble... My computer isn't the newest...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 May 2012, 09:39

Hello,

You should be able to find me on the Forum in the afternoon (your time), when it's night on my side.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 03:31

Okay then. I'll try to find some time. Thanks =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top