Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Graphic Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Graphic Issue Empty The Sims 3 Graphic Issue

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 21:08

I am having a graphics problems with the Sims 3. My drivers and OS is up to date with everything that I can find. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with an ATI Radeon HD 4250 video card.

I have: Base game, Ambitions, Late Night and Pets along with High-End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff and Master Suite Stuff as well as some downloaded content and fixes from their mediafire account.

The graphic seem to be breaking up, my sim looks like he has holes in his skin and clothes, but nothing behind him and my roof has upside down triangles taken out of it in a pattern. Sorry for no pictures, I'm new to this website and haven't really learned how to use it as advancedly as most people on here.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Graphic Issue Empty Re: The Sims 3 Graphic Issue

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 03 May 2012, 21:22

Hello,

When did this problem start occurring, or did you install the game recently?
If you recently started using mods/cc, disable them for the moment. It's done by dragging and dropping the mods folder on your desktop from (my) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 21:33

I've had the games for a little over a week and this has just started maybe two days ago. I was emailing with someone from here that told me to do that same thing, drag and drop that folder out of my documents and it forced me to start a new game, which still had the graphics problem.

//EDIT

I just uninstalled all my sims 3 games and reinstalled them and the
problem is still there...So, counting the other person with
Games4theworld that I have talked to, we have ruled out my graphics
card, OS and any updates, corrupt files, custom content problems and
just general bad dl...which I followed the new instructions for
downloading it properly and nothing seems to be working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2012, 09:23

My sims look the same unfortunately.
My video-card is almost the same!

Admin adviced me to uninstall the programs of the videocard, startup again, install the drivers and then start up again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2012, 10:26

Yeah, I did that when I checked the drivers for my card as well. Messed with the graphics settings in options...everything that I could think of and that's been suggested. It might be two or more problems colliding into one big one, but the only thing that I have to say about my video card is that I can play my other games just fine and they have way more defined graphics than the sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2012, 12:57

On an other forum, that said me that my videocard wasn't powerfull enough to play Sims 3, strange because I play everything on high settings...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2012, 13:14

Yeah, I mean mine isn't like HD good, but I've been able to play several games on their highest setting. The strange thing is, I've had their versions of the sims 3 on my computer for about two weeks now and for the first week, it was completely fine. Downloaded Pets, which was the last full expansion I've downloaded and it worked fine. Then started dealing in the Store Downloads on their mediafire account and they worked fine, however, it was a day or two after downloading those that my game started to mess up. From what I understand, what the moderator up there suggested would have me take out my saved games, extra downloaded content and any custom content, but I was already emailing someone about this before I made my account on here and they told me to do the same thing and it still messed up. I have heard that the Pets is having graphic problems and the last thing I heard was EA was in the process of making a new patch to fix that, but I haven't heard anything new since. I have Pets installed and I'm thinking about uninstalling it until the new patch comes out, I'll post my findings.

//EDIT

I just got an idea, what all have you downloaded from the sims 3 era, Miss Darkie?

Well, to add to it all, someone must have flagged the version of the Sims 3 I got from here because our internet provider suspended our services until just a few hours ago. It was down for nearly 24 hours and it was because they found the cracked version of the Sims 3, they found out I downloaded it and I just got a warning, but now I don't even have the torrents anymore because of it. Well thanks anyway, seems like everything kept getting in my way with this, so I'm just going to give up, don't really have the money to pay a fine. Guess it just wasn't meant to be with me.

Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button on your message(s), instead of double-posting. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top