Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] Empty Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 01:50

So I brought The Sims 3 in the store along with Ambitions, Generations, and Town Life Stuff...I downloaded Pets from Origin. I recently downloaded the rest of the Stuff Packs and Showtime from you guys. When I went to install World Adventures it wouldn't let me install because of the regional code. Then after reading a couple posts here I realized I didn't follow all the instructions in the install guide. My question is now with all the rest installed can I install World Adventures now without messing up my game. I haven't installed the new update fix at all that will patch my game...I thought I should wait and see if I need to install World Adventures first before I patch it up...Any help would be greatly appreciated thanx Surprised Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] 2830496658 Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] 1490881299 Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] 611149516

Ok so now that I'm trying to install World Adventures again I'm getting this error on step 5 that says dfc-gorilla error and Invalid file found and I have no clue how to fix this or what it actually is...Im totally lost right now

Last edited by Admin on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 21:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More info)

Back to top Go down

Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:17

Hello,

Changing the SKU value will not mess up your game at all, so there's no need to worry about that.
Which program did you use to extract the WA files? If you didn't use winRAR, the files could've gotten messed up resulting in this install error.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 20:29

Hi,

I did use winrar to extract the files I don't know if maybe I should have extracted them to my desktop or somewhere else instead of my downloads folder. The rest of the games I downloaded and extracted there have all worked just fine. I actually got the first two cracks to work fine but when I got to the third crack and tried to install that first one that when I got the error message. I had already installed the fix (before it was updated) because I couldn't get World Adventures to install lol. Is there someway I can install it without having to do those cracks?

I saw on another post that if you did the manual patch you wouldn't need to install those at all, would that work for me or am I just screwed beyond help. Also do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 07 Jun 2012, 20:41

Hello,

Please follow these instructions very carefully: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
And note that you may skip all the "# Crack" folders!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 20:57

Yeah I read that completely through and didn't install any cracks until I got to World Adventures and was following the install guide that came with the download. Was I not supposed to read those instructions and just go by the guide you just posted?!?!

Never Mind I got it to work thanks guys for all the help. You guys freakin rock and your help and support was awesome. You can close this thread now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 07 Jun 2012, 21:24

Hello,

That is indeed true, the guides that come with the torrents have become obsolete.
Anyhow, glad to hear you got your game to work.

Have fun playing and don't hesitate to contact us if you run into any more problems! Ok just a quick question before I screw up my game lol!!! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top