Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes Empty Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 06:40

Hi, thanks for being awesome and sharing Sims 1 with the world! I'm excited to revisit the game that I loved as a child.

I've followed the instructions in the torrent and installation went smoothly. I put the crack in the appropriate folder and the launcher successfully opened, I selected English and then the regular launcher appeared - whether I select 800x600 or 1024x768 I get the same issue, I click to play and a black screen pops up and the cursor changes so I'm assuming the game opens, but it closes after 2 seconds, no error message or indication that I ever opened anything. Very weird! Is there a patch I need for this or did I mess up installation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes Empty Re: Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jun 2012, 17:13

//MOVED
Hello,

Welcome to the Forum! I'm glad you enjoy the download.
Let's see, you get to select the language on the launcher? I thought that's only asked once, when you try to install the game.
Anyhow, try to run the game's "Sims.exe" as an Admin.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes Empty Re: Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:35

looks like I was trying to open the game from the "start" included in the torrent which is why I saw the language select screen - in any event, I have the same issue when I use Sims.exe, even running as administrator, and when I go to programs and click The Sims 800x600 and 1024x768 it's the same issue, it opens up a black screen with a different cursor, then immediately closes, it doesn't even open up the game's launcher this time. I suspect I did something wrong with the crack maybe? it is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims folder but it never gave me a prompt to overwrite anything when I copied the crack to that folder. Sorry if these are stupid questions Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jun 2012, 20:59

Hello,

Stupid questions don't exist. We're here to help.
Please post a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to, it should ask whether you want to overwrite.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 22:23

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes PkHSD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 15 Jun 2012, 14:00

Hello,

Can you maximize the window so all the files are visible, and then take a new screenshot, please? Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 00:19

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes Jjb0W

Sims 1 won't play - black screen, then immediately closes PYZSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:05

Hello,

And you downloaded this torrent from Games4theworld?
Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top