Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 05:34

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] 2830496658ok so I down loaded the sims 3 pets tonight. but i do not have a CD or a CD big enough to burn it to, every patch that I have tried does not work, i have tried to fallow the post but all i am finding is post that tell me to FALLOW EVERY STEP, well that does not help if there are no other steps, the one video i did find that was not 100% confusing was so blurry that i could not seen how to do anythgn other then move little orange and yellow icons to other file. so if any one can help please.. i would like to play with out uninstalling my new sims 3 pets.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Mon 19 Nov 2012, 05:37

Extract the .rar with WinRAR and then run the setup.exe files in the folder to install the expansion.

Edit: Or wait, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and follow every step, step 4 should solve your problem.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 07:03

ok i fixed that prob just to make another one, i have the disc authorizations prob i know how to fix it well the last part. i do not know where to FIND the crack to move it to the bin if that makes since to anyone. if you could do pics or the full fold name that is on the top bar can find it easyer that way. please and thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 19 Nov 2012, 07:13

You downloaded the Ultimate Fix? If you did, you'll have a .rar, extract it with WinRAR, and then you'll have several folders, and a installation guide, read the guide, and use the folders you extract from the Ultimate Fix.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 07:55

ok i already have the ultimate fix, but .rar, is not a file my computer knows is there something missing? when i try to click on it or us it nothing happens or it trys to open a browser to find the file type

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 19 Nov 2012, 08:52

Hi, Manda. You need a program called WinRar to be able to open RAR files.

Here is the link:
Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] 4049071320
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 13:50

I know something had to still be missing thank you, i will try this and see if it helps

//EDIT

Ok i tried that and its still not showing a program i can us. so now i
have the newset update as well as the ultamit .rar but i still cant us
it. even with winrar thing i have run it 2 times the first time it
opened a browser that said congrats for down loading and the second it
did nothing.

//EDIT

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Crf10

//EDIT

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Winrar10

//EDIT

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Got_th10

Admin edit: PLEASE do not spam, but just "Edit" your original message. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:49

It should NOT show you that!

Do you have utorrent?

If you don't have utorrent, download it here: http://www.utorrent.com/ then do what follows.

If you do or if you already installed it, copy and paste this as an address for your browser to open (text in different color below), then press enter:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:67395e6bf9a19350767e65f33ecd2fe2efd224d3&dn=WinRAR+4.20+%5BFULL%5D+%2A+Games4theworld+%2A+&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80

It should open utorrent, so you can download WinRar to your computer.

You probably clicked the wrong place at that page I gave you before, instead of clicking on "download this torrent" you clicked on some ad that was showing.

While WinRar is being downloaded, go to your Control Panel, then "Programs and Features", click once over that program that you didn't want installed (Privitize VPN), and uninstall it to avoid issues. You can remove other unwanted programs like toolbars you don't want and things like that, on this screen as well...

I am so sorry for not explaining you that you had to open the magnet link instead of any fancy "download" button that's a fake ad they love to put at piratebay (sometimes I am distracted and I click those by mistake too, but when I see what I did usually I can come back and undo it, since I am used to it)...

After you finish downloading it, you need to install the appropriate version (32 or 64 bits) and use the serials provided in the torrent.

Sorry for the long text...

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 16:13

ok thank you now i got ALL that done, and i got the WinRAR done, now i have this in the ultamint fix folder>#crack folder.

Sims 3 Pets downloaded want to play but dont have a CD and it wont let me play HELP. [SOLVED] Tsw10

is this what i need to move to the sims 3 bin or is it still wrong?

//EDIT

oh and thank you for the long text some times it is helpful when things are broke down, everyone learns diff lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:35

manda_evans wrote:ok thank you now i got ALL that done, and i got the WinRAR done, now i have this in the ultamint fix folder>#crack folder.

{Image}

is this what i need to move to the sims 3 bin or is it still wrong?

Yes, it is!

Happy simming!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 18:39

Hello,

Anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 21:42

IT IS WORKING THANK YOU SO MUCH Very Happy now i just wonder if putting in installing the seasons is worth the fight kuse it took me from noon the other day to get this one working

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 20 Nov 2012, 08:36

You're welcome!

I am glad everything is working out. I believe Seasons is the best EP so far (together with Late Night, since I love those elevators and tall buildings).

I believe it's worth a try, even if it gives a bit of extra work, it will be much easier now, since you already know how to download what you need and you know how to apply the fix...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 17:04

yea its giving my probs again, its back to the no cd thing, i have gone back over the stuff from the first time still not working, i this thing called daemon tools that acts like the cd drive or so i thought it did now its not working, Sad i am still working on but may brake down and buy the cd if i can find it for less. but this is what i have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 18:43

Congrats and Happy Simming!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:31

manda_evans wrote:yea its giving my probs again, its back to the no cd thing, i have gone back over the stuff from the first time still not working, i this thing called daemon tools that acts like the cd drive or so i thought it did now its not working, Sad i am still working on but may brake down and buy the cd if i can find it for less. but this is what i have.

I would try to apply the fix again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Ah, and please download it again so you're sure you got the last version.

If, for any reason, you got an automatic update or a system restore of any kind, you may have lost the crack. Also, be sure you copy the crack to the base game bin folder, as instructed...

Just in case you want to install seasons, you will have to apply the fix again.

If you have any doubt if the crack/fix kicked in, please take a screenshot of the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin so we can see the date and size of your cracked files to verify if they match the ultimate fix.

Be welcome to post if you need further assistance.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down