Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED] Empty Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 15:59

Hi~ im a The Sims 3 Fans , i had The Sims 3 with High End Loft Stuff and Late Night installed and i can play it well and smooth. But after the loading page , there are a Log In button . But i ignored and load my game . When i push the memory to load , a box pop out and Recommend me to Register and log in to play online and etc. I Clicked "Continue Without Log In" and the game still can play smoothly and well. I wan to know whether i need to register and play online or not?? Will this make my The Sims 3 need to connect internet to play forever?? Or if i never register , will my The Sims 3 and all the expansion pack be expel??

Back to top Go down

Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jun 2012, 16:01

Hello,

There's no need to register and you can't, unless you own one of the titles legally.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Should i Register online in The Sims 3? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 16:02

Ok , i want to ask 1 more last question . I can play the game forever right? if i never register??

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 26 Jun 2012, 16:05

Hello,

Yes you can. The only downside of not registering is that you can't use Simport.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 15:38

Hi! I'm new here. I have the Sims 3 Ambitions, Pets, Late Night, Hight End Loft, Fast Lane, Town Life and just finished installing Outdoor Living downloaded from you guys.
When I tried to play I got the same "Register" recommendation thingy (hadn't seen it b4 with the previous expansions). Still, didn't register and started playing normally.
I have no problem with the game, except, when I try to build one of the new doors, or fireplaces, or anything, it asks me to "buy" with Sim points!
What is that? Can I get the new things somehow?
Oh, and also, I've noticed I can't see any of the spiral stairs. I couldn't anyway since the previous expansions, but never really bothered to fix it. I just thought that maybe that Ultimate Fix you have would do it. But no Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 16:57

The doors requiring sim points are shown because you have an active connection to the internet while playing, they are listed from the Sims 3 Store and have a gold border around them. If you have an account and sim points you can log in and spend your sim points to add them to your game.

The spiral stairs should show the 2 defualt stairs only, unless you have added CC spiral stairs. If you have added CC stairs and none are showing up in game then it means that the CC is conflicting with the default stairs. Try removing any stair CC from your game to see if the 2 default sets show back up.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 21:21

Thank you for your reply.
So, in order to be able to use those kind of stuff, I should register first, right?
But since I don't own any original Sims 3, I can't do that. So what's the point in downloading any new expansion? Is there any other way to get the new content?

As for the stairs, I couldn't see any of the spiral ones to begin with, so it is impossible for me to have any CC ones...
But that's a different topic, so, I will move my question to a building problems post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 21:37

You can use all of the Premium content, expansions and stuff packs without registering them, all registering the game(s) does is give you the added benefit of being able to download store content in game and , if you install Showtime, the ability to use the SimPort to share your talented sims with your friends and vise-versa .

As for getting new content, we usually have any new content available here within a few days after it is released. This includes Expansion packs, Stuff Packs and premium store content.

Also, since you don't appear to have Generations installed, the spiral stairs will not show up as they are from that expansion pack.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 23 Aug 2012, 21:45

Hello,

All of the store content is available here.
It's advised to turn the in-game store off. It serves no purpose (for most of us) and it can cause game crashes. You can turn it off in the options.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 22:56

Ok!
Thank you both for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 05:15

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

There's no need to register and you can't, unless you own one of the titles legally.

I thought so to until a few weeks ago I went to the Sims site, logged into my account which I previously couldn't log into in-game and did stuff in my account settings and profile. Magically the next time I launched the game I was logged in and could add people, send messages in-game and stuff.
I have not purchased anything.

Proof- In-game screenshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:50

TJ888 wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I thought so to until a few weeks ago I went to the Sims site, logged into my account which I previously couldn't log into in-game and did stuff in my account settings and profile. Magically the next time I launched the game I was logged in and could add people, send messages in-game and stuff.
I have not purchased anything.

Proof- In-game screenshot
Hello,

I think you're just being lucky!
Anyhow, I assume this problem is now solved.

Do not hesitate to open a new topic if you run into any more problems!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top