Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED] Empty Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 22:53

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and I'm not sure if I was supposed to introduce myself in another forum, but here I am. I've been playing the sims since the first installment, and I'm now playing the Sims 3

I'm trying to play the Sims 3 Showtime, but none of my saved games will load since I installed Sims 3 Store contents AND Showtime. I must have 3300+ files! I read about it and I came across a solution : Merge packages. I did that. It took me at least 2 days to merge these packages into 25 packages of 200mb each. BUT it still won't load! Nothing happens, I can see that the process TS3W.exe is running in the background, but nothing happens, or it takes so long I think it doesn't work. OR, if I get to load the game, I can't get in any household, the green bar doesn't budge at all. I'm getting really frustrated and I don't know what to do.

I tested my packages with Sims 3 Dashboard...and to my horror, they all have errors, so I think I spent my week-end on this for nothing.

I know my computer can run the game just fine, it was running well before I installed Showtime and all that store content...

Any ideas would be appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore...!! I tried to clear the game cache, nothing changed... So, do I have too much downloads? I have almost all store contents until april 2012...

Thank you very much in advance...

Last edited by Amyrosie on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 13:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jul 2012, 07:39

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. You could've introduced yourself in the "introductions" section if you wanted to, but since this is mostly a support forum, there really is no need to. Most people come, have their questions answered, and go. We do enjoy it if people stick around and come in from time to time to chat about the game.

Lets see, do you have just the store content, or custom content as well? And do you have mods at all?

What kind of errors come up on the dashboard?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Too many packages? Too much CC? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 15:42

Hello, and thank you so much for answering. I only have the MasterController mod and I updated it. Besides that, I have only store content...I have tried to get rid of the master controller in case it was causing problems, but it didn't

In the Dashboard, it tells me that my merged packages either conflict with one another or are corrupted. So I tried to run Dashboard with my non-merged files, delete the problematic ones, put them in packages folder and start the game again. Still no luck. I noticed that if I start a new game, the loading bar moves, but it takes 20 minutes to get through 3/4 of it, and then in freezes.

My computer specs are way over the minimum requirements, too

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jul 2012, 15:49

Hello,

Perhaps there's still a problem with your merged package.
Is there any reason why you're not installing sims3packs with your launcher? (other than: it's a drag, lol)
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 18:01

Well, I tried that, but I have 900+ Sims3Pack and it seems the launcher just won't recognize them all...I put the Sims3pack in my downloads folder under documents\EA\

Am I doing this right?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jul 2012, 18:20

Hello,

And what if you install them in batches? I have every piece of store content myself, as sims3packs, and all are installed with the launcher. Installing 100's of files at once doesn't work indeed.
But you could also consider another alternative.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 23:46

I'm going to try to install a few at a time...do you know the maximum I can install at the same time? I guess that's what I'm going to do. I don't see anything else!

I'll try and let you know how it went! Thanks a lot Smile

EDIT: I tried and it doesn't work...should I reinstall completely my game? I tried again with my .packages files (I have over 3000 and it's all from the store. I deleted corrupted/conflicted ones too)

I wish I didn't have to reinstall since I have to reinstall every EP and almost every SP...I guess my last resort is to try to use CCmagic?...I'll look into it as soon as I can...

Thank you.

Last edited by Amyrosie on Wed 04 Jul 2012, 02:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 04 Jul 2012, 09:34

Hello,

You don't have to reinstall everything. This is an issue that has come up since Showtime was released. So it's not something you caused.
What I could recommend is, to redownload your store content. If it's just store content, you can get everything here, but since you prefer packages, you might want to look at the torrent found here. It has store updates 1-26, which is up to July 2011. After that, there are only small store updates that you could get from the mediafire account. Only a few files each month, and most months have a compilation set which has everything for that month in 1 sims3pack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 14:08

Thank you for your answer. I used to have the updates until July 2011, but then I wanted the remaining ones so I found a torrent that had all the files until April 2012... I replaced my previous downloads with these and that's when it all started to go wrong(and when I installed Showtime)...Maybe it was too much at the same time? I guess I'll try that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 04 Jul 2012, 15:55

Hello,

It's possible that the one you have has duplicates.
You can also consider getting all of the sims3packs, and converting them to packages yourself. It's a lot of work though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 17:38

Double Post, Sorry!!!

Last edited by Amyrosie on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 01:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Post, Sorry!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 01:10

EDIT : OH MY FREAKIN GOD, I found the problem!

Found this page on the Official Sims Forum...seems I am not allowed to post links so I'll tell you what it was. Maybe it could help someone else in need!

Under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\ I had a folder called "Mods" with another folder in it named "packages" with all(or almost all) my packages X 15!

I deleted the folder entirely and I have no more problems... I really, really don't know why it was there...

THANK YOU so much for your help!!

Well, I have news...I re-downloaded the store contents that were already merged in packages...I ran delphy's dashboard and it showed conflicts with three packages (update 31-32-35) so I deleted them. So, I have no more conflicts between files. But it still doesn't work...if I try to load my existing game, nothing happens at all. When I try to begin a new game in a totally different town, it loads up to 40% and then nothing else happens for 20 minutes....and then, BAM...gets to 99%...and stuck again...Am I really being too impatient? This is a pain in the .....I never got the patience to wait for my original game I've been playing for months.

I now have 45 packages total (3.14 GO). I don't even have every store item (it's ok it could be worse but I wanted some other items..)

I'm getting desperate...I'm sorry to be such a burden, but I really wish I could play my game with the store contents.

I have a good pc too, so I don't see it being a problem:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page File: 2685MB used, 15455MB available
Card name: ASUS EAH5670 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68D8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68D8&SUBSYS_03701043&REV_00
Display Memory: 3317 MB
Dedicated Memory: 501 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by Amyrosie on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 13:40; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : SOLVED!)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jul 2012, 09:30

Hello,

So the problem really is fixed now?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:02

Yes it is, thank you Smile I've been playing for 2 days with all the CC from the store and it runs perfectly! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:27

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that Smile
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top