Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED] Empty "There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 01:26

I'm pretty sure this is where I'm supposed to post this. If not, I'm sorry.

I'm at my wits end, really I am. I have had absolutely no problems with The Sims 3 and installing custom content via the launcher until this patch came out. Now, all of a sudden, I can't install anything. Worlds, lots, patterns, Sims...if it needs installed via the launcher, it's no good. I included a screen cap below of the message that I get, but here's to tell too. I downloaded some of the Worlds from the Games4TheWorld Mediafire and MATY (All of EA's worlds, the Market, the Greenhouse, the Pet Shop and the Ice Lounge,) decrapified via the Decrapify Area from the Games4TheWorld forum, and then proceeded to put them into my downloads folder. Started up the game and went to install. It took forever and a half to wait for the bar to load, and after it loaded, the install bar went to 100% automatically and said "Done! There are no packages to install." (See Screenshot) So, I stupidly uninstalled all of my games, and reinstalled them via the instructions on this forum, and I stopped at Supernatural. My patterns will install, my worlds will not. (That's another issue that I think I found a fix for in the forum.) I did the Ultimate Fix when I reinstalled the series, but I'm still getting the "there are no packages to install" issue.

"There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED] Launcherproblem_zps63e560e8

Back to top Go down

"There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED] Empty Re: "There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 04:47

Have you tried just double-clicking the content to manually install it?

Also, have you tried redownloading some of the content in order to see if it was corrupted?

Another thing to try is to go to your \Documents\Eletronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and clear your caches:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Back to top Go down

"There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED] Empty Re: "There are no packages to install" Launcher Issue- Seasons/Patch 1.42.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 05:09

I get the same message when I double click to install, yes. I've also downloaded the content multiple times from both here and MATY. XD And yes, I've cleared my caches, made sure Origin was up to date, 3Viewer doesn't work because it's mostly worlds, and neither does CC Magic. Um...I'm trying to think what else I've tried XD. I've tried alot XD....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 22 Dec 2012, 13:40

Hello,

We've seen this before, but then it was fixed by redownloading everything from G4TW's mediafire account. I'm not sure what to suggest.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 20:40

I can try redownloading again. XD Like I said, I'm at my wits end cause I've tried everything. Maybe I'll have to wait til the next SP/EP! Thanks for trying to help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 23:07

Go to your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Delete all files (not folder) with the word "cache" in them (should be a handful of them).

Go into the DCCache folder and delete all files that end with "EBC" (the filetype in "Details" view will show up as "EBC File"). Delete the "missingdeps.idx" file.

Launch the launcher again and try installing again.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 05:09

Hey hexorcist. That didn't work either XD Deleted the cache files, there were no EBC files, deleted the missingdeps.idx file...and nada. XD What in the world is wrong with my game?! Thank you for trying though!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 23 Dec 2012, 09:02

Hello,

How do you feel about installing them as packages?
The information on how to do that is here (last paragraph) and here (optional, but recommended).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:47

There's A major problem with doing it that way. The worlds cannot be installed that way. ^.^ That's the main thing I'm looking to install. I've already tried it with the patterns and it didn't work that well either. It crashed my game hard core the second I opened up Create-a-Style in CAS.

The patterns, though, are all good. I got them to install after I uninstalled the BG to get rid of Patch 1.42. I was hoping it would work for the worlds and lots too, but sadly it wouldn't let me install the lots and worlds because my game 'wasnt up to date' after I reinstalled the BG.

I installed the lots that I could via 3Viewer and very promptly uninstalled them again when putting the Market, Greenhouse, or Ice Lounge in any of the EA Worlds crashed the game. I've tried 3Viewer, TSRLauncher, Merlin, CC Magic. XD I'm seriously about to give up on installing the lots and worlds until 70's/80's/90's stuff comes out in hopes that installing something beyond Seasons will help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:27

Hello,

That is a major downside indeed. I'm not sure how to get around that to be honest.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 22:23

XD Now you see why I'm at my wits end! roflmao. It's all good. Thank you all for trying to help me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 22:25

I read a fix for it on the EA forums somewhere, but I'm having issues trying to find it again. I could've sworn what I stated above was the fix for it, but I could be wrong or maybe it just didn't fix your specific scenario. Either way, sorry and good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Dec 2012, 13:24

Hello,

I may have a work-around (for the worlds) for you but there's a downside to it, I'm going to see if that can be solved or not.

Edit:
I wanted to send a screenshot, but then my pc crashed (again) and I can't be bothered to start the game again so I googled the downside I mentioned. It seems like that's the better choice anyway, since
this post will show you a picture similar to what I was going to show you, and at the same time it'll tell you that it can't really be fixed. Unless you rename every sim manually that is. You could do that with testingcheats enabled, or Master Controller (recommended).
I extracted Barnacle Bay as a test. You can download it here.
I did this as follows:

-Extract the sims3pack with Delphy's Multipack extractor. Only extract the world you want to install, and extract it to an empty folder.
-When done, go to that folder and sort the packages by date. They will all be named along the lines of 0xa298f199c1344c7e971b53e0f35a64e8.package, but you need the one at the bottom. Usually this is the largest package. This is your world file.
-Rename it. You can name it whatever you want to name it, in this case I named the package Barnacle Bay.world.
-Put the world file in (assuming you installed to the default location) C:\Program Files\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
-Put the other packages (but not the world file) in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup

You can do the same thing with every world you download.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 02:37

Ooo...I'll try that tonight and get you the results ASAP! Thank you!! And Happy Holidays!

//EDIT

IT WORKED!!! I had to use s3pe to rename the file, but as soon as I did that, it worked perfectly! Thank you sooo much! All worlds are now in game and working just fine! Thank you! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 25 Dec 2012, 11:53

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

And happy holidays to you too Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top