Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 freezing and crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 freezing and crashing Empty Sims 3 freezing and crashing

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 21:33

I recently installed Pets and Generations using the ultimate fix. I could get the game started, but it gave me a message about "unauthorized modifications." Sometimes I could get as far as loading a household and playing, but sometimes the game would freeze while it was still showing me the loading screen, and I would have to alt-tab out, where I would find a Windows message saying the game had stopped working. Even when I did manage to play, I couldn't use Buy mode -- the game would just load and not show me anything.

I suspected this was related to the new update, so I uninstalled both Pets and Generations and hoped to continue playing as before. (I paid for the base game.) I restarted my computer and whatnot. But I'm still having problems with the game freezing while loading up and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Do I need to completely uninstall the game and re-download and start all over?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezing and crashing Empty Re: Sims 3 freezing and crashing

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:51

Hello,

If you still have the files you need to install them, reinstall Pets and Generations. Use the manual patch and the crack from the fix.
The problem you had before was probably due to a crack that wasn't compatible with your base game version.

If you no longer have or want the expansions, I think you can fix this by using the same manual patch on your legit base game. Don't crack it though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)