Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 pets installer won't open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 pets installer won't open Empty sims 3 pets installer won't open

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 12:55

i have a reloaded version of the base game, downloaded the ultimate fix and applied it, then downloaded sims 3 pets from G4TW and when i click on the installer, it won't open.

if you're familiar with a mac, you know how when you open a program, it makes a space in your desktop bar to show the application icon? it acts like it's going to do that for a split second when i click on the installer and then it immediately reverts back to the way it was. i can't get it to open at all.

i have updated my game to the 1.36 version, could this be the problem? i still have the original base game files applied and not the cracked ones yet.

Back to top Go down

sims 3 pets installer won't open Empty Re: sims 3 pets installer won't open

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jul 2012, 13:54

Hello,

No that shouldn't be a problem at all. Lets see, how did you extraxt the files?
I don't know much about MAC, but I do know they need to be extracted with stuffit expander.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 14:12

since posting this topic i downloaded stuffit expander and re-extracted the files with that, and it hasn't helped really lol

i can get the installer to open, but an error pops up before i can do anything and says "could not verify the integrity of the installer."

EDIT: fixed it sort of. everything installed and i replaced the normal files with the cracked ones but now when i click on the play button in the launcher, it gives me the no cd error for pets. that's with the cracked files from the ultimate fix. i tried the ones that came with the pets torrent and those will let me launch the actual game but then gives me an unofficial modification error and messes up the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 15:20

You're mixing cracks, which isn't recommended because it's going to confuse your machine, as evidence with the install. What I suggest is that you do a completely fresh install, everything short of the base game. Uninstall any EPs and SPs, redownload them from the G4TW torrents and then unzip them only using StuffItExpander. Compile them into DMGs using the "create image from folder" option in the Disk Utility and then run each and every installer, using the key codes found in each torrents folder.

DO NOT install any of the cracks found in the torrent folders. Download the "Ultimate Fix" and only install the crack found in the "#" folder, as described in the instructions of the Ultimate Fix folder. Good luck and if you need any more help, report back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 15:39

....but i didn't mix the cracks at first. the only ones i used were from the ultimate fix, which gave me the no cd error, and THEN i tried using the cracks that came with the pets torrent and it didn't work either, just in a different way.

the only EP i have is pets, all i've got besides that is the base game. all of that seems like it would be pointless unless i had more EPs with different cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 17:59

Oh, you're misunderstanding me. I assumed you had more than one EP or SP. Here, do this;

-Uninstall Pets
-Redownload from G4TW
-Unzip with Stuffit
-Compile a DMG using Disk Utility
-Install using key from within torrent folder
-Download Ultimate Fix
-Apply "# Crack" from Ultimate fix into the base directory in the Sims game found in Sims 3 (Show Package Contents)>Contents>Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin

To apply the crack, open Finder, go to the Sims 3 base game icon in the Sims 3 folder, and Command+click on it to pull up the pop-up menu where you'll find "show package contents".

Mixing the cracks will cause everything to go haywire which is why I suggest you uninstall, that way you're left with just a fresh install of the base game plus a new install of Pets to apply only the one crack to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 22:40

no i wasn't misunderstanding you haha i'm saying i know what you're saying to do and it's literally exactly what i did the first time. i copied the ultimate fix crack and put it where it was supposed to go and i got the no cd error. not sure what else to do if the one that's supposed to be the ultimate fix doesn't work Sad

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5809-sims-3-pets-no-game-disc-after-updates-and-ultimate-fix?highlight=pets
he seems to have a similar problem, only on a PC.

also, why would reinstalling make a difference if the crack is only applied to the base game? i haven't touched any of the pets files so i'm confused as to what that would fix.

EDIT: by installing town life and generations i got it to work to an extent. i can play the other neighborhoods, but whenever i try to load a family in appaloosa plains, it freezes on the load screen and i have to restart my computer manually to get it to reset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top