Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED] Empty Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:39

"The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta has crashed!

Exception information:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

"The Sims 3 Create a World Tool - Beta has failed to shutdown properly. Please end The Sims 3 Create a World Toll - Beta task using the Windows Task Manager."

"CAW.exe has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."

"CAW.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

These are the messages I recieve when I open my Create a World Tool. Is this problem due to the fact that I have pirated games or is it just because I downloaded a corrupt file?

I would really like to start making my own towns/worlds again, so any help with the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:42

Hello,

Did you download a new version when your game was updated?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Create a World tool for the Sims 3 not working?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:45

I just downloaded it today, well yesterday before I went to bed from thesims3.com.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 18 Jul 2012, 17:07

Hello,

Do you have the latest game version?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 02:58

Hmm.. well, honestly, I'm not sure but I think so. My base game is version 1.36.45. (14.0.48 all together, if that matters.)

//EDIT

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Do you have the latest game version?

Hey Lady Eldi,

I just wanted to let you know that I ended up deleting and re-installing the create a world tool and after the new install and restart of my computer the tool is working =). I guess I just ended up with a corrupt file or something along those lines. I'm not sure how to mark this question as solved so people don't think I still need help, but thank you again for your help =)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:33

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top