Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED] Empty Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 01:47

I've sucessfuly installed Sims 3 with *ALL* the expansions and stuff packs, patched to the latest patch and everything. I've even reinstalled the game just to get the same output. When I open up the launcher, go to downloads, select all the items and install them, they seem to install fine, and the Sims 3 folder in my documents goes from 4.8Gb to 11Gb. However, after launching the game only the custom neighbourhoods are installed. There are no items nor anything else but the neighbourhoods ingame. And after I close the game and relaunch the launcher, all the items are gone from the ''installed content list''. I tried a guide found on this site in which I had required to remove some files (dccache and some .packages) in the sims 3 folder in documents. That didn't fix it either. What am I doing wrong? (And yes, I did the installation guide step by step, correctly. The game is working, but store items are not.)

Last edited by Kviki on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 12:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Aug 2012, 08:54

Hello,

It's not uncommon. You can try to install them in smaller batches, say, 20 sims3packs at a time. To keeps things clear, remove sims3packs you installed from the "Downloads" folder. It's just a staging area and you don't need to keep them there to use them in game.
Just put everything in a separate folder (on your desktop or anywhere) move 20 files to the downloads folder, install, remove and on to the next 20 files.
It'll be a lot of work but it will probably work.
Alternatively, you can try one of these methods.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 02:12

Hey again! I used CCMagic (Copy all files to sims 3 downloads folder, enable it in CC magic, click Rebuild) and everything is now flawlessly in the game! Though there's also a duplicate custom neighborhood now. For instance if I had installed Barnacle Bay, in the game menu there would be two BB's. Is it possible to remove the dupes? I tried removing all content then installing the neighborhoods. *after* installing the rest of the content I'd go in the sims 3 launcher to install the neighborhoods. They were still duplicated.

Thank you so much for helping with the content issue! Better support than EA definitely! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 Aug 2012, 09:11

Hello,

You're welcome Very Happy
What you could do is uninstall just the worlds, clear the worldcache (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Installedworlds) and reinstall them. CCmagic doesn't handle worlds, so you still need to install them with the launcher.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 12:38

Hey again. Seems like only deleting the files in InstalledWorlds was enough to remove the dupes. Smile Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 02 Aug 2012, 12:47

Hello,

Glad to hear your problem got solved that way! Thank you Lady ElDi!
Happy simming again and please let us know if you ever need any more assistance! Cannot install store items (.sims3packs) [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top