Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes Empty Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2012, 11:31

Hi there,
Recently my sister started playing Sims 3 again on her laptop. After installing three of Twallan's mods, she was playing and everything was going well. Unfortunately, her game proceeded to freeze and crash on her to her desktop.
I have the same model laptop as her, and have had the same problem in the past, but unfortunately I don't remember how I fixed it. I tried adding all the files to the DEP on my laptop, which didn't work, and then added only TSW.exe, which seemed to work(I think). I also did this on her laptop as well as all the files first, but neither worked. I also added Game Booster to her laptop to see if that would help the lag in her game, but apparently it didn't help. I also tried using a newly generated Sims 3 folder, but that didn't work either.
Are there any more suggestions?
I've tried everything except for the graphic card control panel fix, only because I have no clue where to find my AMD control center.
Any help is much appreciated Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes Empty Re: Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 12 Aug 2012, 16:14

//MOVED
Hello,

Are the mods compatible with the patch level she's on? Which ones is she using? Some mods can be used on the Showtime patch level, while others have to be updated with each new patch level.
What is her game version? And which mods is she using?
Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes Uxziu
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes Empty Re: Sims 3 Showtime Freezes and Crashes

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 01:55

Her game version is 1.36.45.017001. She has MC, SP, Woohooer, and Woohooer Kama Simtra installed. She downloaded the most recent ones.
I tried running her game with a new Sims 3 folder, but it still crashed, so this has made me think that it can't be a CC problem, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 Aug 2012, 08:20

Hello,

No you're quite right if it still crashes after removing that folder you've ruled out a number of things.
Lets see.. what kind of surface is the laptop on?
Try rightclicking on an empty part of the desktop, that will probably bring up a menu that allows you access to the graphics control panel.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:17

I can get to the graphics control center, I just don't know how to get to the virtual sync part. I have an AMD card, so I have Catalyst Control Center.
I was just playing Sims, and my laptop's game crashed. Ugh, apparently now we both have the problem Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 Aug 2012, 20:00

Hello,

What if you lower the quality settings? Laptops aren't really made for games and especially the graphics can lack performance. Lowering the video quality settings can help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Aug 2012, 09:53

I'll try that.
I really hope I can fix this soon, hopefully before Supernatural or Seasons come out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:49

Hello,

Be sure to lower all graphic sliders and turn of all extra features like "Mirror reflection" or "Smooth rendering".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top