Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.package files won't work? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.package files won't work? [SOLVED] Empty .package files won't work? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 06:03

I have installed a few .package files on my Sims 3 game in the past and they still appear in my game. However, recently, any time I add any new .package files to my mods folder, they won't appear in-game. I have updated, I installed a new resource.cfg, pretty much everything I can think of. I have also gone into The Sims 3 folder under Documents and tried deleting: CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and simCompositorCache.package.

I know that the .package files that I installed before are still working, because my nointro mod still works. So why won't any new .package files work?

I am running the most up to date version with all expansions on Windows 7.

.package files won't work? [SOLVED] 2830496658 ...please Smile

Back to top Go down

.package files won't work? [SOLVED] Empty Re: .package files won't work? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:00

Hello,

Try updating your resource file, as described here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?39bvs19e15hixot

Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

.package files won't work? [SOLVED] Empty Re: .package files won't work? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:11

Hello,

It's also possible that those particular packages simply don't work. Since your old ones are still working.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 19:54

Ok, I completely installed a new framework, as per the guide that you posted above (PS, the url in the guide is old and leads to a 404 not found error - here's the updated link: http://chii.modthesims2.com/FrameworkSetup.zip )

No dice Crying or Very sad

I did everything I could think of and even tested some new .packages including the MasterController, which is an extremely popular mod, so I thought that would work for sure. No luck, however.

I just do not understand what I could be doing wrong. It is equally frustrating that nointro and nobuildsparkles both work, as well as several hairs that I installed. confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 20:56

amg31490 wrote: Ok, I completely installed a new framework, as per the guide that you posted above (PS, the url in the guide is old and leads to a 404 not found error - here's the updated link: http://chii.modthesims2.com/FrameworkSetup.zip )

No dice Crying or Very sad

I did everything I could think of and even tested some new .packages including the MasterController, which is an extremely popular mod, so I thought that would work for sure. No luck, however.

I just do not understand what I could be doing wrong. It is equally frustrating that nointro and nobuildsparkles both work, as well as several hairs that I installed. confused
Hello,

The link in the guide still works though, maybe you mistyped it. Look:

Code:
***BROUGHT BY: Games4theworld***
- www.games4theworld.org -

How to install .package files - Installation Guide

1. If you never installed .package files before, please download this framework file: http://chii.modthesims.info/FrameworkSetup.zip
2. After downloading it, extract it to your Desktop. You should now get a folder called "Mods".
3. Copy this "Mods" folder to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

You're now ready to install any kind of .package file, following these instructions:

1. Drag & drop the .package files to the following folder: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
2. You're practically done now. When you start the game, you should get a pop-up about which custom
files (.package) files you have successfully added to the game.

If your game ever starts acting weird, always first remove ALL of your Mods/Custom Content, as these
are most likely the cause. If that didn't help either, please post your problem on our Forum for
quick and personal support: www.games4theworld.forumotion.com

HAVE FUN playing!

Website / Live Support: www.games4theworld.org
Forum: www.games4theworld.forumotion.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/games4theworld

All ®️ Games4theworld Downloads can be found on www.thepiratebay.org/user/Games4theworld

*****FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, You ain't seeding you ain't succeeding.*****

***BROUGHT BY: Games4theworld***

*Games4theworld* > Yóúr Game Master

Anyhow, what .package files are you trying to integrate into the game? Maybe they're corrupted.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 21:17

I tried typing in the url in the guide you posted several times, and for some odd reason, it didn't work.

In any case, I am trying to mainly just do some random hairs but every one that I try seems to not work. I even tried an animation fix for the lvl 10 horse racing glitch, I tried MasterController, etc. Basically, a lot of popular mods that seem to work for everyone else, but not for me. Can you maybe suggest a mod that works for you that I could try?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 21:25

Hello,

Don't type the URL, just copy/click it: http://chii.modthesims.info/FrameworkSetup.zip

Please wait for someone else's reply on your problem, I do not know a lot about Mods and CC.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Aug 2012, 21:40

Hello,

Master Controller should work. Hairs are often glitchy though. How do you know Master Controller doesn't work? It appears as part of the menu on sims and the city hall building.
Always make sure you have the latest versions of the mods.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 01:16

I loaded the game a couple times and went to the city hall and there was no option in the menu for it. Does city hall have to be open for it to work? Or will it just appear in the options when I click on it?

I know for a fact that I downloaded the newest one: patch level 1.31-1.36, phase seven, and according to the download page V86.

This is just too strange for words. I really am stumped here. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 22 Aug 2012, 04:11

There would be a new menu choice of nraas that would lead to master controller. It doesn't just pop up by itself.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 05:59

Well that's what I meant. I know it wasn't just supposed to pop up. I clicked on the town hall and there were no new options.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 22 Aug 2012, 09:31

Hello,

Did you by any chance get an "extra" module but not the base mod?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 07:43

No, I got the base mod and then the cheats module. I am going to play around with some other mods. Maybe something simple might be a better thing to try to test it out. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 23 Aug 2012, 09:33

Hello,

Here's a simple mod. And easy to test.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 09:33

Thanks Lady ElDi. Figured out the problem. So here it goes:

A while back I downloaded Sims 3 Create a World. Apparently, when it installed, it created two identical Electronic Arts folders in Documents. For some reason, they have mostly identical files in them, including the mod framework. Turns out, I was putting the mods in that folder, instead of the original Electronic Arts folder with the mod folder there. It is a really weird problem, but once I put all the mods in the proper Electronic Arts folder, they worked immediately.

Any ideas as to why CAW would have installed in such a way that there are now two Electronic Arts folders?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:19

Hello,

Did you change the language of your game somewhere during one of the installations or by any other method?
It's known that different languages may create more than 1 "Electronic Arts" folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Aug 2012, 01:16

I didn't change the language at any point, that I can recall. So I don't know what could have happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Aug 2012, 09:36

Hello,

The same thing can happen if you put it in win 95 compatibility mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2012, 01:03

I think I am running it in XP compatibility mode, but I might have accidentally put it in 95 when I was first setting it up? Maybe. Either way, glad it works now, lol. Thanks for all the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 27 Aug 2012, 07:46

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top