Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED] Empty 2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:11

i have 2 drives installed on my computer, i decided to uninstall from the primary hard drive then install them on the secondary hard drive...i'm just wondering 2 things.

1. when i install the manual patch will it automatically find sims 3 on my secondary drive? or is there something i have to do?

2. weird but where will my documents folder that contained my downloads and saves etc be? will it make a folder on my secondary drive? because it hasnt made one anywhere :S

Back to top Go down

2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:18

Hello,

1. It should, if you install using the installation wizards and not just drag & drop the files to the new HDD.
2. Your "Documents" folder will always be on the HDD you installed Windows on, by default. So: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3(\Saves)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 2 Quick questions about sims 3 ish. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:23

Thank you :O) i just did the patch and my folder turned up where it was suppose to :O)

another quick question sorry about this i have never done custom install before....

where do i save my EP or SP to? is it game data or the bin? if you know what i mean.

its just it asked me to select a folder to install it to and i have no idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:29

Hello,

Just choose the directory where you want to install the expansions. The default is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 [EXPANSION NAME]

But since you're on a custom installation, just choose the new location where you want to install it. FOR EXAMPLE: if you installed The Sims 3 base game in: D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 , it's easier to put (FOR EXAMPLE) The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff in: D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff

Is that what you mean?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:36

Thank you very much :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 14:28

Hello,

You're welcome!
Anything else we c an help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 16:03

No thats it thank you :O)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 20:57

Hello,

Good, enjoy playing and do let us know if you need any more assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top